“Excellent Seafood Restaurant”

Cuisines: Seafood
Memphis, TN
“Excellent Seafood Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

We ate at Eslava's Grille this Thanksgiving weekend. We had liked the restaurant AJ's that was previously in this location, and our understanding is this restaurant is run by the person who had been chef at AJ's.

When we arrived we were a bit hesitant to go in because we didn't see any other diners in there, though my dad had recently had lunch there and said it was very good. All four in our group ordered seafood, and it was all excellent. My red snapper with scallops were excellent, and both me and another person noted that our servings of fish were both fresh and some of the largest servings we ever had in a restaurant. My wife thought that her shrimp were "coast quality" meaning as good as any shrimp we've ever had in a restaurant on the Gulf of Mexico.

Everything was very very good. Though we were eating early in the evening we were sad to see the restaurant so empty while we were dining - we definately want this restaurant to do well & stay around for a long time !

• Visited November 2013

Birmingham, Alabama
“Needs improvement - Expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

As of 10/11/13 they did not have their liquor license & were charging a fee if you brought your own (overheard this). The dining area is very nicely decorated and clean.

We ordered the Avocado salsa with deep fried plantain & yucca chips, though pricey were very good. My wife ordered the ribeye & I ordered the ribeye special (which consisted of three butterflied shrimp & a large grilled scallop on the same ribeye. We both ordered the ribeyes medium but hers was closer to rare. My steak tasted old, though was told it was brought in that day from their supplier. None of the steaks are flame cooked, only griddle style. I know this because I waited 10 min for a server to appear & finally went to the kitchen for steak sauce. This is when I also discovered a very disappointing-looking kitchen (cement floor, uncovered food).

We were one of two tables being served at 6:30 pm on a Friday night. The prices were too high for the quantity & quality received. I had heard great things about their Flowood location and wanted to give their Ridgeland location a try. Unfortunately, we won't be back.

loudon, tn
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

My family visited for dinner after seeing an ad in the newspaper. I was hesitant because there were no reviews yet but everyone was happy with their meals. The blackened tilapia was spicy but good, the grilled shrimp was good and my husband enjoyed his red snapper topped with crab sauce and shrimp. Service was excellent and we were happy that it wasn't a noisy restaurant.

• Visited August 2013