“OUTSTANDING TASTE AND QUALITY”
Review of Parker House - CLOSED

Parker House
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Jackson St.
Collierville, Tennessee
“OUTSTANDING TASTE AND QUALITY”
Reviewed 25 August 2011

As you leave highway 51 going back into the city of Ridgeland, you will notice a "ranch house" over to the left just past the railroad tracks. You will think to yourself - well, that must be where somebody lives. Well, it's not! It's where one of the best 3 restaurants in Jackson resides (if not the #1). The service is exceptional, the appetizers are culinary delights, and the entrees are simply out of this world delicious! We always get the FRIED OYSTERS “MESCALERO with tortilla threads, corn salsa, & spicy Hollandaise sauce. You won't believe this appetizer. It's almost a meal in itself. My daughter loves the crab claws and my son often gets the pimento cheese fritters with their unbelievable comeback sauce. Do I need to go any further!!!! My wife loves their crawfish bisque because it is rich and creamy and not watered down like in most restaurants. Any of the entrees are exceptional but the one true extraordinary, out of this world entree that you must try is the LAMB PORTERHOUSE CHOPS which is Colorado Lamb with Cranberry Jezebel glaze served with spicy cheese grits. If you have never tried lamb before, this is the place to start. The lamb overseas, such as Ireland or Amsterdam, has a definitive aftertaste when you eat it. The Parker House lamb does not. It is superb! My wife won't share and she eats every last bite. The desserts are outstanding. Parker House offers a romantic setting for you and your spouse or a great place for your family. You can't go wrong with this is fine dining wonder in a old English style residence-turned-restaurant in the heart of Olde Towne.

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank blue8056

MS
“Be careful of groups”
Reviewed 24 July 2011

Another excellent meal at The Parker House. Their signature redfish parmesan is excellent. One caution; The Parker House often hosts large groups, and those groups can be very loud. Always request a table away from areas where groups are accommodated.

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank macwim
Dallas, Texas
“Good food, ambiance”
Reviewed 21 June 2011

My friends and I ate here tonight. They had TAZO hot tea which they thought was very good. I had a glass of red wine. It was ok. One friend had steak and he said it was delicious. Another friend had fish with lemon sauce. She said it was good. I had crab stuffed shrimp. They were good, but overpriced. They were very small and I got 3. They were $15. I was told my greens would be fresh, but they were canned. They were ok. My spinach au gratin was good. It had lots of melted cheddar cheese. A friend and I shared pecan praline cheesecake. Oh man, was it GOOD. It melted in our mouths. The caramel sauce was out of this world. It had a lot of crunchy, carmalized pecans. Our server was very, very nice, efficient and courteous. I recommend this restaurant, but take plenty of $$$$, or your credit card.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank lindilou
“You get what you pay for”
Reviewed 9 November 2010

This restaurant is my all time favorite! The steaks are amazing and they always have specials that will blow your mind! I could eat there every night of the week!

1 Thank taxluvr
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“the creme brulee is to die for at the Parker House”
Reviewed 24 September 2008

the creme brulee is to die for at the Parker House

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook