“Closed”

Parker House
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Jackson St.
Clinton, MS, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Closed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

I always enjoyed my meal at Parker House, but it closed in October 2012. I believe it may still be available for special events, however.

Visited September 2012

Southeastern U.S.
“Great Atmosphere, Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2012

I am the CEO of an organization in this area. When I was brought in (from out of town) for a dinner interview for my current position, it was here at the Parker House. (So it is a bit special for me!) The food, service, and atmosphere are all excellent.

Visited October 2012
Mississippi
“Disappointing meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

The last time that my husband and I came here, we declared it the best restaurant in the Jackson area. Sadly, last night that did not hold true. My snapper was really tough, and it had a large blood line. The mashed potatoes were luke warm at best. The taste was pretty good, but it was hard to get excited about it with the problems. My husband's shrimp and grits were so hot (spicy) that he could barely eat them. He declared them the best ever the last time. The salad was extremely small. The brownie was so hard that it made a clinking noise when you finally got the spoon through it. The server had a large party, and our drinks sat empty several times. There was also a very loud meeting in the other room, and service took forever! We might give it another try. It was on the expensive side for what we got.

• Visited July 2012
Jackson
“I'll be back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

My new favorite place to eat. Food as well as our server Trey was amazingly. I would go back just for the crawfish cakes and smoked cheese quesadilla alone. Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, the entree arrived. OMG the red fish with the lemon beurre blanc sauce was spoon licking good.

Visited May 2012
Jackson, Mississippi
“romantic place for an anniversary dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

The food and service were excellent. This is one of my favorite restaurants. I highly recommend it.

Visited September 2011