“Room with MOLD -- Stay at your own Risk!”

Econo Lodge North Ridgeland
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I asked for a non-smoking room, which I got with a painted over sign. I thought at first that the room just had a bad cigarette smell with Smoking rooms on both sides. I turned up the air to try to get the smell out and get the room cool. My son and I left to get supper (which was another disaster to review). When we returned, the smell was still bad, but I was tired and wanted to get a little rest before volunteering began. There was no alarm clock, so I picked up the phone to get a wake up call NO DIAL TONE. I took the phone to the front desk and complained. After being told that they would have to swap rooms, which I didn't do, I was given 2 phones to try. Neither phone worked -- Safety Hazard!! I got my son to set alarm on his cell phone as a backup to mine so we would get up on time. When I got up the next morning and went to the bathroom, the toilet seat had been left up and MOLD was staring me in the face!! It was horrible! That was the reason for my chest hurting, nose stopped up, and throat filled with drainage. I got ready as quickly as possible and packed my bags. I would have to go home and get medicine so I didn't end up in the hospital. I really had errands and shopping to get done after the volunteer work was complete, but this was not possible because the room made me sick. I had to call the *.com that I booked the hotel thru just to get the second night hotel bill taken off my credit card. The *.com said I should have received a full refund, but the hotel refused. STAY AT YOUR OWN HEALTH RISK!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank kkenty

Reviewed 14 December 2011

Horrible does not begin to describe our experiance there..We checked in late wereb new in town and thought what the heck it was 55 $ web got to the room the bed had a giant pot hole in the center the carpet was missing and the chair was in shreds. we asked for our money back they wouldnt do it the quality inn was owned by the same people it was no better. we left and went to days inn

Room Tip: dont stay here sleep in your truck
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2011

Room was 53.00 a night, coming from out of town for girls night out, needed an inexpensive room. The door was cracked open so we did not use our key card, only had one light out of three that worked. Turned the air on, as we were leaving the door to the room would not shut with out SLAMMING it 6 times, we left for a couple hours, came back and room was still not cool. Then we return and key card would not work, had to go and have key card reprogrammed. Vending machines did not work. I woke this morning to bug bite marks (3) on my sides, Bed bugs maybe? This morning the room still feels like we ran the air. Will be changing hotels asap this morning.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 September 2010

We checked into the motel because of price and a swimming pool. When we checked the room smelled moldy, the telephone didnot work, the swimming pool was green and the pool light was laying on the side of the deck. There was not even a room number on our door. The breakfast was 3 muffins, 2 pieces of bread, cereal and warm milk. The operators did not offer to help us at all.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2008

I stayed at the Econo Lodge North in Ridgeland in May 2008. My husband and I were in town for a friend's graduation and we stayed at the same hotel as her family.

I do have a few complaints, I know what to expect from a room that only costs $50/night, but I thought that people would want to know about our experience. Our room was relatively clean, but the no smoking room was RIGHT next door to a smoking room, so inevitably, it smelled like smoke. There was a gap under the door about 2 inches tall, letting in whatever could fit. The toilet paper holder was just set in the wall, any kind of pulling on the toilet paper made it fall out of the wall. The shower head had mold on it and looked like it hadn't been properly cleaned in at least a month. I don't know about most hotels, but the bed didn't have a fitted sheet only a second flat sheet. The room itself was overall worn looking.

Our room wasn't as bad as what I was told about the rooms my friend's family was given. Her aunt was given a room that had dirty towels...the second room she was given she said smelled like urine. As a result, for the remainder of her trip, she was given an acceptable room and it was free.

Now for the good: The location is great. We walked to Applebees (Where you get a 10% discount w/ your room key). Everything in the room worked well. The ironing board was missing, but we had no reason to iron anything, so we didn't ask for one. Check out was easy. The room was inexpensive. AND the A/C worked GREAT. It was so humid and warm on the days we were there, the a/c was wonderful.

Something that bothered my husband and I was that it was very difficult to check in, the guy at the front desk had a thick accent. When we booked with Priceline, we used our Visa card and when we checked in, the guy insisted we used a Mastercard. Neither of us have a Mastercard, so I don't know what went wrong.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)