“Place to sleep...”

Econo Lodge North Ridgeland
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My husband and I were extremely tired and ready to find some place to rest before heading out on the Natchez Trace. We were looking for a place that was "pet friendly" and this was. The desk clerk was very friendly and the price was reasonable. The hotel was conveniently located to the interstate, to a Wal-mart and to restaurants. However, the room was not very clean and slightly "outdated". Not sure I would stay here again, unless they cleaned up quite a bit. Property was clean just not our room.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Sudhir B, General Manager at Econo Lodge North Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

I am so sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. It appears that we definitely failed when it comes to housekeeping. My staff and I reviewed your comments and have taken appropriate action to resolve each issue in the room you occuppied. In addition, we are re-evaluating our inspection processes to ensure these type of issues do not occur in the future. Again, we are terribly sorry that your first experience with us was not a good one, but invite you to give us another try. We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve and provide a better experience.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

When we arrived on 7/19/2013, we checked in and was put in a room upstairs at the front of the building. We walk up the stairs to our room and noticed the door semi opened and when we looked inside the beds were not made and the room was filthy. Also it was 3 guys who were trying to get into there room right next door to ours and couldn't with there key card even though they just received it. So we go back to the check in desk and told the young lady and she assigned us another room in the back on the first floor. Already i'm regretting the purchase of the hotel before we even drove to the back to check out the new room. I also noticed it wasn't many cars there. When we got to the new assigned room and walked in we immediately noticed what looked like a blood stain on the white blanket and also in the bathroom blood and #2 stains in the toilet. By this time I was pissed and I called "hotels.com" to see if I can cancel my reservation for the room and pay the difference on something nicer. The representative called the desk at "Econo Lodge" to cancel the reservation and the person at the desk had her on hold for a good 3-5min until the person at the desk told the "hotels.com" rep that they were busy with customers. My temper started getting even shorter because there was hardly anyone staying there for them to be that busy. Especially when I drove around the front to see the person that was suppose to be at the desk outside doing nothing. To make a long story short "hotels.com" was able to contact them finally with me on the other line and standing at the front desk in order for me to cancel the room at no charge. I guess I got lucky that I booked through "Hotels.com" and Econo Lodge didn't charge "Hotels.com" yet. I ended up getting a room at "Staybridge Suites" that is walking distance and down the street from Econo Lodge. It was a HUGE difference in quality. It's like going from a trailer park to a gated community. .....Moral of the story "DON'T STAY @ ECONO LODGE NORTH RIDGELAND". They don't even deserve 1 fully colored green circle on the rating. Too bad I couldn't give them a 1/4 of a green colored circle.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. Spend the extra money. Staybridge Suites is real nice. Like an apartment
Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank snooze1971
Sudhir B, General Manager at Econo Lodge North Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

Thank you for your review of our property. As of August 2013 we are under new management, but we obviously have some work to do, in terms of guest satisfaction. I can assure you that your comments are taken seriously, and that I will personally takes steps to correct the issues that you have outlined.
I believe that we have come a long way since, in terms of customer service and facility enhancement (As many recent reviews will attest to), but we still face challenges and issues.
We hope that you will give us another opportunity to have you as our guest, and I can assure you that you comments will be addressed.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 8 March 2013

My husband and I were visiting Jackson 2 weekends ago. By the time we finally arrived after a 8.5 hour drive, I wanted to get into a room FAST! We grabbed a bite to eat at the Ridgeland, Ms Applebee's. The econo lodge was right across the street & looked ok so we decided to check it out. I have had some absolutley horrible expeiences at hotels so I make a habit of requesting to check the room out before I commit to staying there. Previously I have caught an attitude from some hotel employees about wanting to see the room before I rent it. The young lady at the front desk was awesome & completley understanding she showed us a room that was near the office & for around 57$ it wasn't bad at all. Clean, comfy beds, plenty of towels which some budget hotels aren't too good at accomodating. We requested a 7:30am wake up call, which again some previous budget hotels I have stayed at have had a problem giving me a wakeup call. Lets just say we were woken up bright & early at 7:30! They offer a free complimentary breakfast, I had a bowl of Raisin Bran & a delicious Rasberry Danish. Upon check out were asked how the stay was, not many desk clerks take the time to ask that these days.
I happy to give this hotel a well deserved B+ in my book :)

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I asked for a non-smoking room, which I got with a painted over sign. I thought at first that the room just had a bad cigarette smell with Smoking rooms on both sides. I turned up the air to try to get the smell out and get the room cool. My son and I left to get supper (which was another disaster to review). When we returned, the smell was still bad, but I was tired and wanted to get a little rest before volunteering began. There was no alarm clock, so I picked up the phone to get a wake up call NO DIAL TONE. I took the phone to the front desk and complained. After being told that they would have to swap rooms, which I didn't do, I was given 2 phones to try. Neither phone worked -- Safety Hazard!! I got my son to set alarm on his cell phone as a backup to mine so we would get up on time. When I got up the next morning and went to the bathroom, the toilet seat had been left up and MOLD was staring me in the face!! It was horrible! That was the reason for my chest hurting, nose stopped up, and throat filled with drainage. I got ready as quickly as possible and packed my bags. I would have to go home and get medicine so I didn't end up in the hospital. I really had errands and shopping to get done after the volunteer work was complete, but this was not possible because the room made me sick. I had to call the *.com that I booked the hotel thru just to get the second night hotel bill taken off my credit card. The *.com said I should have received a full refund, but the hotel refused. STAY AT YOUR OWN HEALTH RISK!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank kkenty
Reviewed 14 December 2011

Horrible does not begin to describe our experiance there..We checked in late wereb new in town and thought what the heck it was 55 $ web got to the room the bed had a giant pot hole in the center the carpet was missing and the chair was in shreds. we asked for our money back they wouldnt do it the quality inn was owned by the same people it was no better. we left and went to days inn

Room Tip: dont stay here sleep in your truck
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2011

Room was 53.00 a night, coming from out of town for girls night out, needed an inexpensive room. The door was cracked open so we did not use our key card, only had one light out of three that worked. Turned the air on, as we were leaving the door to the room would not shut with out SLAMMING it 6 times, we left for a couple hours, came back and room was still not cool. Then we return and key card would not work, had to go and have key card reprogrammed. Vending machines did not work. I woke this morning to bug bite marks (3) on my sides, Bed bugs maybe? This morning the room still feels like we ran the air. Will be changing hotels asap this morning.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 September 2010

We checked into the motel because of price and a swimming pool. When we checked the room smelled moldy, the telephone didnot work, the swimming pool was green and the pool light was laying on the side of the deck. There was not even a room number on our door. The breakfast was 3 muffins, 2 pieces of bread, cereal and warm milk. The operators did not offer to help us at all.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family