“FILTHY, SAFETY AND HEALTH HAZARD.”

Econo Lodge North Ridgeland
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“FILTHY, SAFETY AND HEALTH HAZARD.”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Please DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!! It is better to sleep in your car. I checked in this hotel because it was close to the highway, and I am a member of choice Hotel and wanted to get points. My first impression was to go elsewhere. It looked cheap but when I saw the choice hotel information, and the guy wore a choice hotel shirt, I reasoned the room would look better than lobby otherwise the hotel wouldn't qualify for choice hotel. The first room I was given which was supposed to be non smoking smelled smoke and stale smell like it had not been slept for a decade. I went back to front desk and requested another room. When I got inside I noticed the cobwebs. I wanted to use the toilet but when I opened the lid I thought I would throw up. Mold and dirt all over. I walked to the phone to tell front desk that I had changed my mind but the phone just rang and rang. No answer. The phone was so filthy I had to use my gloves to use it. Since my card had already been charged, and it was so late, I thought I just pray that no disease would touch me, and called it a night. In the morning I tried to open the door to get out but it won't open. I tried to dial front desk but the phone did not work. I called the hotel phone from my cell 3 times but no answer. I tried knocking on the window, but there was no one out there. Just a bunch of cars. I then called 911. A policeman came with the front desk guy who had checked me in. He instructed me to open the window latch, which I did. He opened the window and got inside the room. He tried to open the door but it won't open. I had to get out of the window. I stayed there November 29th, 2013, and I am requesting a refund or take legal action, because my health was subjected to diseases in the toilet, and when I woke up I sneezed like crazy. I was forced to sleep there because the front desk did not answer the call for me to cancel the room and check out, and I lost 2 hours in the morning trying to get out of that hotel, which made me late on my schedule. I don't know yet what the filthiness in that room has on my health but if they don't refund my money I will have no choice but to take legal action. I have tried to call the hotel several time but they are not answering my calls. This hotel is safety and health hazard and it need to be shut down. DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOTEL. There is a hotel across the street (Days Inn) which is about 10.00 more. I would rather pay 100.00 more than stay in this Econo Lodge. I hope they will be shut down soon.

Room Tip: •"Rooms on the south side are quieter"
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank becky B
Sudhir B, General Manager at Econo Lodge North Ridgeland, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Guest,

We are deep;y sadden to hear about your stay in our establishment. We are in the process of improving our level of customer service on a daily basis. We hope that you will give us another chance to earn your trust once again.

Sam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Picayune, Mississippi
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I have seen reviews of this hotel so I didn't know what to expect; but I was very pleased when I arrived and checked in. The hotel is an older property but the rooms are clean, and the beds are comfortable. And for the price (around $57) that's pretty much all I need. The room had microwave and fridge and it was in a convenient location to many restaurants and shopping places. And the staff was great, very friendly and eager to make sure I had a pleasurable stay. Will be back next time I'm in town.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jason R
Sudhir B, General Manager at Econo Lodge North Ridgeland, responded to this review, 28 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words following your recent stay at our hotel. I was thrilled to read that we were able to assist you multiple times during your stay, which made your stay even more enjoyable. Please come and stay with us again the next time you come to Ridgeland.

Madison, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I have travel all over the USA working in the Gas an Oil field, There for I stay at a lot of hotel/ motels The staff is very friendly and the Hotel is very nice. I have not had any problems with anything here. The entire area is very clean and the pool is outstanding. They have a on site staff that is there for you 24/7.
Prior to working in the Gas an Oil field I work in hotel Restaurant so I know what I am looking for in a place to be comfortable. This is one of the best

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We have always believed that travelling on business is a stressful endeavor, and if we are able to provide customer service that would lessen some of that stress, then we are on the right track.

We look forward to another opportunity to have you at our property, and once again, thank you for your positive comments!

Best Regards,
Saucier, Mississippi
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My husband and I were extremely tired and ready to find some place to rest before heading out on the Natchez Trace. We were looking for a place that was "pet friendly" and this was. The desk clerk was very friendly and the price was reasonable. The hotel was conveniently located to the interstate, to a Wal-mart and to restaurants. However, the room was not very clean and slightly "outdated". Not sure I would stay here again, unless they cleaned up quite a bit. Property was clean just not our room.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Sudhir B, General Manager at Econo Lodge North Ridgeland, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
I am so sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. It appears that we definitely failed when it comes to housekeeping. My staff and I reviewed your comments and have taken appropriate action to resolve each issue in the room you occuppied. In addition, we are re-evaluating our inspection processes to ensure these type of issues do not occur in the future. Again, we are terribly sorry that your first experience with us was not a good one, but invite you to give us another try. We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve and provide a better experience.
Mesquite, Texas
Reviewed 20 July 2013

When we arrived on 7/19/2013, we checked in and was put in a room upstairs at the front of the building. We walk up the stairs to our room and noticed the door semi opened and when we looked inside the beds were not made and the room was filthy. Also it was 3 guys who were trying to get into there room right next door to ours and couldn't with there key card even though they just received it. So we go back to the check in desk and told the young lady and she assigned us another room in the back on the first floor. Already i'm regretting the purchase of the hotel before we even drove to the back to check out the new room. I also noticed it wasn't many cars there. When we got to the new assigned room and walked in we immediately noticed what looked like a blood stain on the white blanket and also in the bathroom blood and #2 stains in the toilet. By this time I was pissed and I called "hotels.com" to see if I can cancel my reservation for the room and pay the difference on something nicer. The representative called the desk at "Econo Lodge" to cancel the reservation and the person at the desk had her on hold for a good 3-5min until the person at the desk told the "hotels.com" rep that they were busy with customers. My temper started getting even shorter because there was hardly anyone staying there for them to be that busy. Especially when I drove around the front to see the person that was suppose to be at the desk outside doing nothing. To make a long story short "hotels.com" was able to contact them finally with me on the other line and standing at the front desk in order for me to cancel the room at no charge. I guess I got lucky that I booked through "Hotels.com" and Econo Lodge didn't charge "Hotels.com" yet. I ended up getting a room at "Staybridge Suites" that is walking distance and down the street from Econo Lodge. It was a HUGE difference in quality. It's like going from a trailer park to a gated community. .....Moral of the story "DON'T STAY @ ECONO LODGE NORTH RIDGELAND". They don't even deserve 1 fully colored green circle on the rating. Too bad I couldn't give them a 1/4 of a green colored circle.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. Spend the extra money. Staybridge Suites is real nice. Like an apartment
Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank snooze1971
Thank you for your review of our property. As of August 2013 we are under new management, but we obviously have some work to do, in terms of guest satisfaction. I can assure you that your comments are taken seriously, and that I will personally takes steps to correct the issues that you have outlined.
I believe that we have come a long way since, in terms of customer service and facility enhancement (As many recent reviews will attest to), but we still face challenges and issues.
We hope that you will give us another opportunity to have you as our guest, and I can assure you that you comments will be addressed.

Kindest Regards
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 8 March 2013

My husband and I were visiting Jackson 2 weekends ago. By the time we finally arrived after a 8.5 hour drive, I wanted to get into a room FAST! We grabbed a bite to eat at the Ridgeland, Ms Applebee's. The econo lodge was right across the street & looked ok so we decided to check it out. I have had some absolutley horrible expeiences at hotels so I make a habit of requesting to check the room out before I commit to staying there. Previously I have caught an attitude from some hotel employees about wanting to see the room before I rent it. The young lady at the front desk was awesome & completley understanding she showed us a room that was near the office & for around 57$ it wasn't bad at all. Clean, comfy beds, plenty of towels which some budget hotels aren't too good at accomodating. We requested a 7:30am wake up call, which again some previous budget hotels I have stayed at have had a problem giving me a wakeup call. Lets just say we were woken up bright & early at 7:30! They offer a free complimentary breakfast, I had a bowl of Raisin Bran & a delicious Rasberry Danish. Upon check out were asked how the stay was, not many desk clerks take the time to ask that these days.
I happy to give this hotel a well deserved B+ in my book :)

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Leland, Mississippi
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I asked for a non-smoking room, which I got with a painted over sign. I thought at first that the room just had a bad cigarette smell with Smoking rooms on both sides. I turned up the air to try to get the smell out and get the room cool. My son and I left to get supper (which was another disaster to review). When we returned, the smell was still bad, but I was tired and wanted to get a little rest before volunteering began. There was no alarm clock, so I picked up the phone to get a wake up call NO DIAL TONE. I took the phone to the front desk and complained. After being told that they would have to swap rooms, which I didn't do, I was given 2 phones to try. Neither phone worked -- Safety Hazard!! I got my son to set alarm on his cell phone as a backup to mine so we would get up on time. When I got up the next morning and went to the bathroom, the toilet seat had been left up and MOLD was staring me in the face!! It was horrible! That was the reason for my chest hurting, nose stopped up, and throat filled with drainage. I got ready as quickly as possible and packed my bags. I would have to go home and get medicine so I didn't end up in the hospital. I really had errands and shopping to get done after the volunteer work was complete, but this was not possible because the room made me sick. I had to call the *.com that I booked the hotel thru just to get the second night hotel bill taken off my credit card. The *.com said I should have received a full refund, but the hotel refused. STAY AT YOUR OWN HEALTH RISK!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank kkenty
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgeland
Red Roof Inn Jackson North - Ridgeland
Staybridge Suites Jackson
#12 of 16 in Ridgeland
Extended Stay America - Jackson - Ridgeland
Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson Ridgeland

Been to Econo Lodge North Ridgeland? Share your experiences!