“Hands down #1” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Memphis, Tennessee
“Hands down #1”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

This is hands down the #1 hotel in Jackson. I stay here every time I visit Jackson.The staff is awesome, breakfast is delicious, and the renovations they've done are amazing! Staybridge is centrally located near several restaurants and shops, and is just off highway 55 if you decided to go outside of this area. I haven't had the chance to enjoy the social they have Tues-Thurs but the menu looks fantastic. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Patrice801, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Jackson, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
It warms our hearts to know that people view us as being #1. Team Staybridge always strives for excellence and we are happy to know that people like you notices our hard work and dedication in providing you with the best home away from home experience as we possibly can. Thank you so much for your compliments. It is our number one goal to make sure all of our guests are extremely satisfied with not only our fabulous establishment but with our services we provide to you as well. Thank you for making us your hotel of choice and we hope to see you again very soon!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying at Staybridge in Ridgeland for four nights (12/28 - 12/31). I will definitely be returning as we had a wonderful experience here. The entire hotel staff was friendly and attentive. The manager (I think his name is Alvin) was very personable and has a great sense of humor. He was very accommodating when we extended our stay by matching our previous nights' rate.

The room appeared to be recently renovated. It was clean and odor free. The kitchenette (full size refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, and mini stovetop with 2 burners) was helpful as we were traveling with children. The beds were comfortable and the two televisions were an added bonus.

The free breakfast consisted of a variety of fruit (honeydew melon,cantaloupe, apples, and oranges), yogurt, oatmeal (with toppings), breads/bagels, muffins, make your own waffles, sausage (3 days), ham (1 day), scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, grits (2 days), home style potatoes (1day), biscuits (1day), and various cereals. The orange juice was out each day but apple and cranberry juices were available. The ladies working in the kitchen were very friendly and promptly replenished items.

We used the complimentary washers and dryers (one washer was not working but there was at least three other washers and four dryers).

The only "compliant" I have is that the wireless was very slow on our last day. I suspect that this was likely due to an increased number or users.

This hotel is definitely one of the best that the Jackson area has to offer. It is conveniently located to I-55, shopping, & restaurants and it is reasonably priced with updated amenities, clean facilities, free hot breakfast, and a friendly staff.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank travelmommy5
We would like to sincerely thank you for your positive feedback. The Staybridge team is very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We are truly happy that not only did you notice the renovation but you appreciated it as well. We do apologize for the internet being a bit slow, but this has been taken care of along with the one washer that was not working. The next time travels bring you back to the Jackson/Ridgeland area, please come get comfortable at Staybridge Suites!!
Niceville, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

We stayed at the Staybridge Suites Jackson for a long weekend with a group of eight - four adults and four kids. We had two rooms - a 2BR and a 1BR.

The Good:
- the rooms were really nice and spacious.
- everything was in good condition and working order
- despite the in-room signs saying that the "light" housekeeping wasn't performed on weekends, it was
- wi-fi worked great
- price. The rooms were very reasonable, especially for the size and amenities

The Bad:
- no matter what we did, the shower curtains (all three of them) couldn't be closed enough to prevent flooding the floors. We had to use towels to mop up messes every time.
- there were no boxes of tissues to be found in either room, which was troublesome for us getting over head colds.
- I called the front desk the day before we checked in to ensure there were DVD players in the rooms. I was told that every room had a DVD player. We had five TVs between the two rooms - not a single DVD player. The front desk was able to round one up for us though.
- their "pantry" is somewhat of a joke unless you're in the need for over-the counter meds or bottled water or diet coke. The freezer cooler that was probably supposed to stock frozen foods and snacks had a single pint of Haagen-Dazs coffee ice cream in it the entire time.

The Ugly:
- breakfast. The first day the breakfast was horrendous - no plates, no silverware, and barely anything stocked. When I inquired, I was told two cooks has called off and two people were running both the front desk and breakfast. It was a really, really bad situation. For example, when they finally re-stocked biscuits, they were still half-frozen in the middle. The second day was better, but nothing great. The food quality was OK at best. The make-your-own waffle batter was so watered down the waffles barely had any flavor. On day 1 the fresh fruit option consisted of bowl with - count 'em - two oranges; on day 2, there was melon too. There was no orange juice whatsoever either day; on day 2, the only juice available was cranberry. One highlight was that they have a soda dispenser available during breakfast, which is good for us caffeine-dependent non-coffee drinkers.

Overall, we liked the Staybridge Suites but were really disappointed with breakfast. While I can understand being in a pickle (when the two cooks called off), the hotel is still responsible for offering breakfast as advertised. From a CNN article in 2010 - " Seventy percent of U.S. leisure travelers consider getting a free breakfast included with the room rate as extremely or very influential in their selection of a hotel or resort, according to the Ypartnership/Harrison Group 2010 Portrait of American Travelers... Business travelers like it too: 63 percent of them say a free breakfast is extremely or very desirable when they choose a hotel or resort, according to the Ypartnership/Yankelovich Inc. 2009 National Business Traveler Monitor." I typically look for a hotel to offer a good breakfast when looking for a place to stay. The Staybridge Suites Jackson came up really short, which is why I'm not sure I'd stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank lionfan91
Patrice801, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Jackson, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
My team and I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We realize that without guest like you giving us valuable feedback we would not be able to make necessary improvements. Our Staybridge team makes it our top priority to ensure that every guest has a pleasurable experience when they stay with us. Unfortunately their where some mishaps that occurred during your stay with breakfast and on behalf of myself and my team I would like to apologize to you because we failed to meet your expectations as a guest. The management staff of Staybridge Suites Jackson/Ridgeland have met and discussed your review and ways we can prevent this from occurring again. We hope that when travels bring you to the area again that you will please give us another try. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the best.
Champaign, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

Staff was super friendly and welcoming. Property was modern, clean and comfortable (a warm fire burning in the lobby fireplace when we arrived!) The room was large with more than we needed for just a night's stay (full kitchen, laundry basket, etc.) The breakfast was the best I've had in a hotel, great selection and delicious, and complimentary! If you are traveling through or staying for an extended time in Jackson or near Jackson you should stay here. This hotel has become our regular place when we're in the area.

Room Tip: Queen suites were very comfy and roomy.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Clint O
Your Staybridge Family would like to thank you so much for your positive feedback. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always our goal as a team to provide everyone that travels our way the best experience possible. It warms our hearts to know that we provided you with the best customer service for you as well as a warm and comfy place to rest while away from home. We definitely look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area!!! Come Get Comfortable at Staybridge Suites!!
Worksop, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

I used this hotel for a one-night stop only. I wish my plans had allowed for a longer stay.

Despite a fairly late hour of arrival, we were welcomed with far more genuine warmth than is typical in most hotels. Despite this reservation being a "Reward Night" (i.e. using accumulated points for a free stay) (and hence theoretically not eligible) my Platinum status was acknowledged with a complimentary upgrade to a two-room suite, which is a far greater gesture than many IHG properties offer, even for paid stays. Excellent.

The suite was roomy and extremely comfortable. We didn't have cause to use the kitchen. (We did note a shortage of crockery which was attended to quickly). The bed afforded a wonderful night's sleep and the bathroom as with everything else was well appointed and spotless. Supplied toiletries were of good standard.

We arrived too late to enjoy the "cocktail hour". In the morning, the complimentary breakfast offering was, we thought, ever so slightly limited - but nevertheless of good standard; certainly quite sufficient to start one's day.

On the basis of this one night, I regretted not choosing to remain here a little longer. And if I have cause to stay in this area again, the Staybridge will be my first choice. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Patrice801, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Jackson, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thanks so much for your positive feedback. We take all feedback, negative and positive, very seriouly and we definitely appreciate yours. Team Staybridge is glad you were able to stay with us and we are extremely glad you enjoyed your stay even if it was just for a little while. Please forgive us for not having crockery in the room for you however we are glad we could take care of you right aware. Your loyalty to IHG is greatly appreciated which is why we took great pleasure in giving you a complimentary upgrade for being a platnium member. When travels bring you this way again, come stay with us and we will take care of you!!!
Roswell, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Excellent Staybridge Suites. The front of house staff was wonderful and funny. The rooms were very clean. The location isn't the greatest - near a sprawling mall area - but we're talking about Ridgeland, MS, a suburb of Jackson. If you're looking to save money they have free dinner on at least Tues, Wed, Thurs, if I'm not mistaken. Nice perk. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

We are so pleased to hear you had a nice stay with us. We take pride "wowing" our guests not only with service but also with a nice, clean, and welcoming atmosphere. If travels bring you back this way, come get comfortable with us again!! We hope to see you soon!!
Enterprise, Mississippi, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

Normally, when I travel to Jackson, I stay at another location. However, on my last visit, my usual place was booked and I stayed here. I was completely surprised at how friendly the staff was, how clean the place was, and how big the rooms were. The room was like a little mini apartment. When I walked in the lobby to check in, Alan said "Welcome Home". How sweet was that? From 5:30-7:30 at night, they serve the guest free food along with free beer on tap, wine or free beverages. From now on, when I go to Jackson, this is where I will be staying.

Room Tip: The way the hotel is set up, if you get away from the elevator, you may have a walk to get to your r...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Patrice801, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Jackson, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dee Z,

The Staybridge Team would like to thank you so much for your positive feedback. We are glad to hear that enjoyed our friendly staff, great reception and clean and spacious rooms. Anytime you visit with us, it is always our goal to make you feel right at home. We definitely look forward to seeing you again in the future. Don't stay away from us too long. Thanks Dee Z and we will see you soon!!