Residence Inn Jackson Ridgeland
Staybridge Suites Jackson(Ridgeland)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$64
Hotels.com
US$112
US$118
All reviewswelcome reliefboth bedroomsbasketball courtclean place to stayone bedroom suitestove topexcellent propertybreakfast offeringsfull kitchenan extended stayfront desk staffother guestsnice poolsausagebiscuitsfree breakfastsleeper sofa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 March 2013

I normally stay in the Pearl/Flowood area, however on this trip I needed to stay closer to Madison/Ridgeland. I had never stayed here before, but always do like the Residence Inn's and Homewood Suites when I can afford them.

The staff was SUPER friendly and nice. Made me feel very welcome and appreciated. The rooms were very spacious and clean. It was your typical Suite based hotel with living room/kitchen area and then bedroom. Internet was really great while I was there too. That's important.

Just a couple negatives that I would mention. 1) The breakfast was not very good while I was there. The eggs looked great, but were warm at best. The waffle machine was absent, but there was a space for one so maybe it was just out of order at the time. Then there were your standards, fruit, yogurt, bagels, toast. Also had grits, sausage, potato cakes and these little ham/egg English muffins. My coworker said these ham muffins were ok, basically tasted frozen then microwaved. Every place has bad days, so I wouldn't let this truly impact your decision.

2) The shower rod was one of those curved rods and they had installed it backwards in my opinion as the curved part bowed into the shower thereby making the shower smaller and the bathroom bigger in appearance. I think it was just my room that was like that b/c my coworkers was installed the other way he said. That just really bugged me though as my shower felt small and cramped.

3) And finally, the soft water. This is a common thing in Jackson and not Residence Inn's fault. I've not determined where the line is between what parts of town have this problem and which parts don't. Soft water is a huge annoyance for me, I feel like I can never get the soap off my body.

Negatives aside, I loved this hotel and I will most likely stay here again. I will though continue my search for a nice hotel that doesn't have the soft water issue in Jackson.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 January 2013

When we last stayed here it was dirty but several months had gone by and it is very convenient, so we tried it again. My fault. The room was even dirtier and in worse condition so we gave the front desk person a written list of the problems as we went out with family on Sat. AM. When we returned nothing had been touched, there was dust everywhere the carpets had not been vacuumed and the worn furniture remained. I won't stay here again. Fortunately there are many choices nearby

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
stephanie w, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2013

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your suite and I appreciate you letting us know. I want to apologize for this experience you had - We work hard to ensure the comfort and satisfaction of our guests and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I hope that if you travels bring you back to the area that you will consider giving us another opportunity by staying with us again.

Reviewed 30 November 2012

This is a very nice, Marriott company standard suite-style hotel. My room was huge and very nice. The staff was warm, friendly and welcoming. The location was near my meetings and the major highways. My host was also staying at this hotel, and I stayed here on his recommendation. I would recommend this hotel and would return.

Some more details: My room was a two bedroom, two bathroom suite. It had a nice sized living room and a kitchen area. The three flatscreen TVs were plenty for me. Though I only needed to use one. I picked the bedroom with the double bed; I left the larger bedroom with the king sized bed untouched. The living room area had an excellent workspace with good, free, WIFI. It worked well, except in the evening hours after dinner. It got pretty slow.

The front desk area had a good 24 hour snack shoppe (pop, microwave food, ice cream, junk food). In the dinning area they served very nice cheese/crakers snacks around dinner time and a full breakfast in the morning. All complementary. The lobby had a business work area where we were able to print some materials for our meetings. This is pretty normal Marriott style service.

For this trip, the closer, preferred hotels were either all booked or more expensive. So for me, the choice was here or a hotel much further away from my meetings, but cheaper.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
stephanie w, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

We are honored that you stayed with us during your business trip and thank you so very much for your kind words about our hotel and staff. Our staff is focused on our guest and customer service is our top priority.

Please let us know when you come back this way as we would love for you to "come back home"! Happy Holidays to you and your family from the Residence Inn by Marriott - Jackson, Ridgeland, MS.

Reviewed 20 November 2012 via mobile

Staff friendly and helpful, lobby fireplace very inviting and comfortable. Great breakfast set up, with variety and taste. Rooms with kitchen, wifi, comfortable beds and great shower heads. Grocery shopping service free of charge. Well lighted and ample parking

• Stayed: November 2012
stephanie w, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

We are so happy you stayed with us! Please let us know when your back in this area - we would love for you to stay with us again. Have a wonderful Holiday Season!!

Reviewed 18 November 2012

I was supposed to stay at the Staybridge down the street, to arrive and realize I'd been walked to this hotel. Must say I was pleasantly surprised. Staff was friendly, room was clean and comfy. I was only here for one night, but will stay here in the future. Great location and super helpful staff!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Thank you so much for staying with us! If your travel brings you back to the Jackson-Ridgeland area, we would love for you to "come back home" and stay with us.