“Good, but...”

Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Laurel, Mississippi
“Good, but...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

We almost always stay at a Residence Inn when traveling. This met one completely met our expectations. We only had two issues. The first being that we did not have a remote for the bedroom. I had to ask for it 3 different time before finally receiving one. My son wanted to hook up his 'XBox' to the television, but I was told by the front desk that we needed a 'master remote'. I asked how did I go about getting one and was informed that maintenance had it and I would have to get it from them myself. (I still don't get that one)

Those issues aside, I did enjoy my stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
stephanie w, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback - we genuinely appreciate you letting us know about the remote - please know that this not the norm and so sorry that the remote was not in your suite and you had to be inconvenienced - one should have been delivered to your suite. We take it personal when you stay with us and want you to know that you are always welcome! Please contact me when your travel brings you back to the Jackson/Ridgeland, MS area - I would love to meet you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Plaquemine, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

We had a suite with 2 bedrooms, 1 king, 1 queen, living area and fully equipped kitchen, 2 bathrooms and 3 flat screened TVs. No need to have all restaurant meals, great full breakfast in the morning and we all felt right at home. Front desk staff could not have been more helpful also.

Room Tip: A little noisy at night facing the front because of basketball court, BBQ and pool so maybe a room f...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback for the Residence Inn by Marriott - we genuinely appreciate you staying with us - You are always welcome and we would love for you to stay with us again if your travel brings you back to this area!!! Have a wonderful day and look forward to seeing you soon.
Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

I have never received anything but the finest service at this hotel. I travel for business and am usually in this hotel at least once every month. You cannot beat the staff for making sure that you are comfortable and have everything you could possibly need for your stay. This hotel is always my 1st choice when staying in this area!!! Kudos to the Residence Inn for a top-notch establishment!!!

Room Tip: The rooms that have a fireplace are especially nice. They are in limited supply but are certainly e...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2013

I normally stay in the Pearl/Flowood area, however on this trip I needed to stay closer to Madison/Ridgeland. I had never stayed here before, but always do like the Residence Inn's and Homewood Suites when I can afford them.

The staff was SUPER friendly and nice. Made me feel very welcome and appreciated. The rooms were very spacious and clean. It was your typical Suite based hotel with living room/kitchen area and then bedroom. Internet was really great while I was there too. That's important.

Just a couple negatives that I would mention. 1) The breakfast was not very good while I was there. The eggs looked great, but were warm at best. The waffle machine was absent, but there was a space for one so maybe it was just out of order at the time. Then there were your standards, fruit, yogurt, bagels, toast. Also had grits, sausage, potato cakes and these little ham/egg English muffins. My coworker said these ham muffins were ok, basically tasted frozen then microwaved. Every place has bad days, so I wouldn't let this truly impact your decision.

2) The shower rod was one of those curved rods and they had installed it backwards in my opinion as the curved part bowed into the shower thereby making the shower smaller and the bathroom bigger in appearance. I think it was just my room that was like that b/c my coworkers was installed the other way he said. That just really bugged me though as my shower felt small and cramped.

3) And finally, the soft water. This is a common thing in Jackson and not Residence Inn's fault. I've not determined where the line is between what parts of town have this problem and which parts don't. Soft water is a huge annoyance for me, I feel like I can never get the soap off my body.

Negatives aside, I loved this hotel and I will most likely stay here again. I will though continue my search for a nice hotel that doesn't have the soft water issue in Jackson.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2013

When we last stayed here it was dirty but several months had gone by and it is very convenient, so we tried it again. My fault. The room was even dirtier and in worse condition so we gave the front desk person a written list of the problems as we went out with family on Sat. AM. When we returned nothing had been touched, there was dust everywhere the carpets had not been vacuumed and the worn furniture remained. I won't stay here again. Fortunately there are many choices nearby

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
stephanie w, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this review, 9 January 2013
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your suite and I appreciate you letting us know. I want to apologize for this experience you had - We work hard to ensure the comfort and satisfaction of our guests and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I hope that if you travels bring you back to the area that you will consider giving us another opportunity by staying with us again.
Naperville, Illinois, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2012

This is a very nice, Marriott company standard suite-style hotel. My room was huge and very nice. The staff was warm, friendly and welcoming. The location was near my meetings and the major highways. My host was also staying at this hotel, and I stayed here on his recommendation. I would recommend this hotel and would return.

Some more details: My room was a two bedroom, two bathroom suite. It had a nice sized living room and a kitchen area. The three flatscreen TVs were plenty for me. Though I only needed to use one. I picked the bedroom with the double bed; I left the larger bedroom with the king sized bed untouched. The living room area had an excellent workspace with good, free, WIFI. It worked well, except in the evening hours after dinner. It got pretty slow.

The front desk area had a good 24 hour snack shoppe (pop, microwave food, ice cream, junk food). In the dinning area they served very nice cheese/crakers snacks around dinner time and a full breakfast in the morning. All complementary. The lobby had a business work area where we were able to print some materials for our meetings. This is pretty normal Marriott style service.

For this trip, the closer, preferred hotels were either all booked or more expensive. So for me, the choice was here or a hotel much further away from my meetings, but cheaper.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
stephanie w, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this review, 3 December 2012
We are honored that you stayed with us during your business trip and thank you so very much for your kind words about our hotel and staff. Our staff is focused on our guest and customer service is our top priority.

Please let us know when you come back this way as we would love for you to "come back home"! Happy Holidays to you and your family from the Residence Inn by Marriott - Jackson, Ridgeland, MS.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2012 via mobile

Staff friendly and helpful, lobby fireplace very inviting and comfortable. Great breakfast set up, with variety and taste. Rooms with kitchen, wifi, comfortable beds and great shower heads. Grocery shopping service free of charge. Well lighted and ample parking

• Stayed November 2012
stephanie w, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this review, 27 November 2012
We are so happy you stayed with us! Please let us know when your back in this area - we would love for you to stay with us again. Have a wonderful Holiday Season!!