“2 BR/2 Bath suite perfect for our group”

Residence Inn Jackson Ridgeland
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Our 2 bedroom 2 bath suite with full kitchen and living area with sleeper sofa was perfect. It appeared to have been recently remodeled (not sure about other rooms). Beds were comfortable. Entire area was very clean. The only negative was feather pillows that were in the room when I specifically indicated NO down or feather in my reservation.

3 TVs were all flat screen hi-def.

Breakfast had an unbelievable array of choices--both hot and cold. There was even fresh fruit to top waffles! Breakfast area is small but we had no problems with finding tables at the time we went--probably missed the earlier business groups.

Area is safe with plenty of restaurants and shopping close by.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 June 2013

Just completed a 4 night stay at this hotel. Staff was very courteous, rooms were good, clean, and good size. Room was very quite and it appeared to be a very safe area to stay in. Only complaint is they only give half the points for staying that most other Marriott properties give. If you are a Marriott Rewards member, get ready for the cut in points.......

Room Tip: stay close to elevators, long walk to end of halls if not.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our way to dropping our son at overnight camp. Overall it gave us exactly what we needed for an overnight stay. The location is just off of I-55, which is convenient. The front desk staff was courteous and helpful. The room was clean and plenty big for the four of us. The beds were horribly uncomfortable. I woke up in the middle of the night with a terrible back ache. They have very little support.

As for the breakfast, I'm learning that these mid-level hotels with a free breakfast used to go all-out to woo you with their breakfast offerings. Not anymore. You're lucky if the utensils are clean and there is anything fresh being offered. I ended up just eating a bowl of cereal. My kids enjoyed the waffles, as did my husband. But don't stay here expecting any kind of real breakfast. It just wasn't that good.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2013

No problems with the room (other than the toilet paper roller ready to fall out of the drywall -- room 400 if anyone from the hotel is listening). Also, the hotel, at least our room, is in dire need of some new TV remotes. Even the hotel had to put instructions taped to the remote for the guests to figure out ("Press INFO and POWER to Turn TV On"). Come on!

The ladies behind the front desk counter were all friendly. The lady who made the complimentary breakfast for everyone in the morning is all smiles and was happy to take people's dishes. Very nice hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Visited this property while in Jackson Mississippi for a family reunion. Check In was effortless and easy, the hotel looked relatively new but had a strange odor in the main hallway. The HOT breakfast buffett was typical micro wave fare with a waffle maker and "boiled" eggs as support.

The room was small for a suite but clean and smelled fresh. All in all this was a good stay for a night, just glad I didn't have to make this an extended stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2013

When I tried to check in, I had to wait about 4-5 minutes while the 3 members of the staff finished their laughing, etc., in the back room. Two of the the three were exiting/leaving and indicated "someone will be with you"...Clearly, I was not the priority...their departure was the priority. Interesting enough, later that evening I tried to get a key re-keyed that would not work and sure enough...I had to roust the staff from the back room. I guess they didn't get the memo that the customer is out front...Very unfortunate. The rooms were ok, but I was turned off with worn-out furniture sitting out back. There was also garbage bags, full of garbage, just sitting out back...next to the furniture that was being rained on. Naturally, cats/animals during the night had torn open the sacks and helped themselves to the chicken bones, etc. It is clear to me that the staff believe it is ok to dump large sacks of garbage in the rear instead of putting the garbage where it belongs...in the dumpster that was 30 feet away...oh...did I mention there was another couch sitting behind the dumpster...being rained on. It's clear to me that this Residence Inn is not being managed well and the employees do those things that are comfortable for them...but not for the good of the property. I would steer clear of this poorly run facility.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
stephanie w, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

I genuinely appreciate your feedback and want to extend my sincere apology to you - our guest are top priority and so sorry that we failed you upon arrival. Thank you for bringing this to our attention so that we can make sure that this does not happen again. The Residence Inn is in the process of replacing furniture in our suites and the couch and chair were placed outside while new ones were brought in, we had a scheduled pick up for the furniture, which required it to be out back overnight. If your travel ever brings you back to this area - I would love another opportunity to win your trust back - again I sincerely apologize.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

We almost always stay at a Residence Inn when traveling. This met one completely met our expectations. We only had two issues. The first being that we did not have a remote for the bedroom. I had to ask for it 3 different time before finally receiving one. My son wanted to hook up his 'XBox' to the television, but I was told by the front desk that we needed a 'master remote'. I asked how did I go about getting one and was informed that maintenance had it and I would have to get it from them myself. (I still don't get that one)

Those issues aside, I did enjoy my stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your feedback - we genuinely appreciate you letting us know about the remote - please know that this not the norm and so sorry that the remote was not in your suite and you had to be inconvenienced - one should have been delivered to your suite. We take it personal when you stay with us and want you to know that you are always welcome! Please contact me when your travel brings you back to the Jackson/Ridgeland, MS area - I would love to meet you.