“Excellent stay just north of Jackson”

Residence Inn Jackson Ridgeland
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Meeting with business associates, I stayed at this nice hotel for 1 night. The room was spotless and consisted of a nice sitting area with sofa, tables and two chairs, well appointed kitchen, separate bathroom and vanity and separate bedroom with king size bed.
The only problem I had was with the lock which was loose. A young man name Willie came up quickly and solve the problem right away. I notice this young man several times working around the hotel and he was doing a very nice job.
Breakfast in the morning was the usual feast of scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles and assorted fruits and yogurt. No biscuits for this southern boy :(.
Plenty of parking in and around the hotel. Easy access to all major highways and stores. I'd would recommend it to anyone for short or long stay. Looks like they had a nice pool and exercise room also.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
stephanie w, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for your kind words and I will be sure to tell our Houseperson, Willie, that you mentioned him. We are so happy that you stayed with us and had a great experience - we value your opinion! Please let us know the next time you come through and I will make sure that we have some biscuits out for you.

Thanks again and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We were in Jackson for 2 special events so had 2 different stays of almost a week each. The front desk staff were wonderful. They celebrated with us and made us feel very welcome..like we were staying with friends. Both of our rooms were very nice and clean. The breakfasts were good and with the exception of one very crowded Saturday morning, the food was always well stocked. The free wi-fi always worked for us and was very fast.

the hotel was going through some renovations while we were there ...on the floor we were staying on..and even that was handled very well and was not disruptive to our stay.

We will definitely stay here again during a visit to Jackson.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so very much for your kind words! So happy that you enjoyed your stay. We understand that there are many hotels in our area and when you choose to stay with us - we take that personal and want to make sure that you have an incredible experience with us each time you are here. When your travel brings you back to this area, please come see us and enjoy our newly renovated property. Have a great day and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 14 January 2014

After a let down at a sister property, we were sent here to get our correct room request. It was not bad at all...the front desk clerk was very friendly and promised us a delightful stay. I was not disappointed. The only bad thing was the doors did not lock and when you have other people in the room, that IS important. The property is nice, beds were fine, and decor is cute. I really like the full kitchen area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
stephanie w, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

We are so happy that you stayed with us at the Residence Inn - thank you for your kind words about our staff and our hotel.

Our property will be renovated 1st quarter, 2014, so please come back to see us and our brand new hotel. We value your comments! Have a great day!

Reviewed 24 November 2013

This is one of the poorer Marriott properties I have ever stayed in. The check-in (around midnight) took way too long. The clerk was pleasant and apologetic, but why does it take about 20 minutes. The room was okay, but the elevator and common areas were not clean. At breakfast the staff was slow to clean. Trash cans over flowing and no coffee, etc. I am a loyal Marriott guest, but I will not be returning to this hotel. The staff needs training and the hotel appears to be poorly run.

Room Tip: If traveling along I-20, stay at the Courtyard in Vicksburg. A much better option.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank boydpc
stephanie w, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. We value your comments, I assure you we take them and share with our staff so that we can make things better - again, thank you.

I understand you were dissappointed with the level of service provided by our breakfast staff and we truly apologize for this experience. We work hard to ensure the satisfaction of our guests and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. We are working with our breakfast and evening social attendants to prevent this from happening in the future.

This property will be under renovation starting the first part of January, 2014, I hope that if your travel brings you back to this area, you will give us another opportunity to make things right.

Thanks again for your comments - hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed here while traveling with my family and two dogs. The government rate wasn't too bad and the pet fee is $100.
Originally we were put in a handicap room, but I asked to move rooms so we could have a tub for my daughter. Ashley was the front desk assistant and she was more than accommodating and very nice. She even called us when we got to our new room to ensure everything was ok.
The room is a typical Residence Inn suite and was in good condition. Some of the decor is dated compared to other residence inns, but seemed maintained pretty well.
Here are the things we had issues with. I had a few things chained down in the back of my truck that were tampered with but not stolen (probably because they were locked down), and the parking lot does not have any video cameras on it. The second thing is the breakfast was crowded with little kids on a rampage. It was poorly managed and I had to ask for almost everything to be refilled (we went at 9 am on the weekend, well before closing time). I would recommend that there be signs posted notifying adults that kids are to be supervised while getting food. There was even one kid touching every unpeeled hard boiled egg. The lady attending was off putting and didn't seem to care about the state of the breakfast station.
All in all this is average and a good place to stay if you're passing through. If you are trying to stay for a week or so I would look into something a little better and more secure, but admittedly I'm a hotel snob. I give Ashley a 5, the breakfast lady a 2 and the hotel overall a 3.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RTL7986
stephanie w, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

We are so happy that you and your family stayed with us and thank you very much for your kind words about Ashley - she is a jewel! The Residence Inn by Marriott, Ridgeland, Ms will undergo a full renovation starting in January to make sure we have the latest and greatest accommodations for our guests. Please come back to see us so that you can experience our new renovation once it is complete.
Thank you for your feedback on the breakfast, we need to know this so we can make things better for our valued guests - we will definitely address the situation and I thank you very much for bringing this to our attention.

Please come back to see us when your travel brings you this way - we would love to have you and for you to experience our newly renovated property, which should be complteted March 2014.

Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 5 October 2013

I found myself spending a night at the Residence Inn Jackson Ridgeland on a business trip. The customer service was top notch, and the hotel was suitable for the purposes of my stay. The hotel seems to be ideally located, as it is close to lots of restaurants and shopping. The rooms are set up like an extended stay, with a sitting/living area and kitchenette. The bed and sleeping arrangement was comfortable. The free Wi-Fi is always welcome. The breakfast options were suitable as well, with the basics available - juices, coffee, muffins, cereal, fruit, oatmeal. I think I recall seeing some additional hot options as well.
Overall it was a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
stephanie w, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

We are honored that you stayed with us during your business trip and thank you so very much for your kind words about our hotel and staff. Our staff is focused on our guest and customer service is our top priority.

Please let us know when you come back this way as we would love for you to "come back home"!

Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 27 September 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here, they have some wonderful amenities and our room was very comfortable and clean with private bathrooms for double rooms. The breakfast was very good, and they also had an evening social where they serve beer, wine and different choices of food between 6pm and 7:30pm for dinner Monday through Thursday. The hot tub was good, but the water was warm, not hot like I was hoping it would be but I still enjoyed it. You may want to bring your own trash bags, the ones they have are thin and barely hold anything at all. I put two around our broken trash and it still busted and trash went everywhere. We finally had to get one of our trash bags from our truck to pick up the trash and put it into. Over all, our stay was wonderful and we would definitely stay here again if we come back to this area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so very much for staying with us during your visit to Jackson/Ridgeland, and thank you so very much for your kind words about our hotel and staff. Our staff is focused on our guest and customer service is our top priority.

Have a wondeful day!