“Used to be better but under renovations now”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson-Ridgeland
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I stayed there two years ago an it was great. Now the place is getting worn down. The pool had to be closed for a couple of days, stains on the carpets an hallways, leaking faucets, broken dishwasher. While I wa there they started renovating half the hotel and were bringing in all new furniture and appliances. A big hit is the Monday thru Thursday dinner. It's nothing luxurious but it's a warm meal, with salad bar and beer/ wine. Ms. GiGi that prepares the food is so awesome and really makes you feel welcome every night.

• Stayed: August 2012
VictoriaHopkins853, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson-Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the condition of our property during your visit. As you noted, we have begun a full property renovation which will address all of the issues you mentioned. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience our work may have caused you. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you and show off our new guest experience if your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 10 September 2012

Ok, going to start this review off with the only two positives for this stay...First, the bed was very comfortable, but that is always to be expected in a Hilton property. The second, was the ceiling fan in the bed room. Having a fan made my stay really feel like home. But the good ends there...This property is going through some much needed renovations, but I am not sure that alone will fix their issues. To start, I will mention the obvious, the needed upkeep and repairs...the carpet through out, guest rooms, hallways, elevator, etc are disgustingly dirty and stained. The room over all was in pretty bad shape, and the furniture had lots of stains on it. The housekeeping didn't seem to care too much, because when I checked in, there was fruit left in the fridge, water or liquid stains on all of the wood furniture, and towels missing. Also, there was just a sense that the room had not been very well cleaned. The lobby and eating area were very hot and uncomfortable, making it not pleasent to spend much time in these areas. But probably the one thing that made this stay really bad...the food. The food was just plain nasty...nothing was fresh (except the bananas) and had a bad taste. And on top of that, the evening reception was only Monday-Thursday, what's up with that? What's more, even when they did have the manager's reception, the beer was warm...come on people, at least have cold beer on tap, if nothing else. So, would I stay here again? No, not just no, but heck no!

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank pickytraveler2011
VictoriaHopkins853, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson-Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

First allow me the opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences and issues you experienced during your stay. You willingness to share your thoughts is appreciated. We are committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guests, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Our property is currently undergoing renovations to address many of the concerns you had during your stay. Your willingness to share your experience is genuinely appreciated. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve your future lodging needs, as we would like the opportunity to provide you the level of service you expect from the Homewood Suites by Hilton Brand. Again, thank you for your feedback, and trust that if you allow us to serve you in the future you will find it very rewarding.

Reviewed 11 August 2012

This site is actively going through renovations, but I was not told this when I called to discuss my reservation in July, or would have not stayed at this location. When I checked in was told they could not honor a high level room request because 3rd floor was under renovation. However, my travel companion was given a 2nd floor room because she was a diamond member.

Initial impression of the first room, heavily perfumed, antiquated furnishings/appliances. What odor are they trying to hide? Air-conditioning blowing out warm air and no working clock in my 1st floor king suite. Changed rooms due to air-conditioner issues, and almost changed hotels. In the 2nd room older appliances, furniture, and dirty, frayed rug. Internet services would only work in wireless mode, not ethernet connected, which is has a faster speed. When I went to use the shower, drain was slow, water level filled to the top of my ankles. I just love to shower in my own dirty water.

Discovered hall way, main lobby and dining room areas not well air-conditioned, felt like 75+ degrees. I was treated to cold decaf coffee, the last portion of cold scrambled eggs, and an empty apple juice dispenser to start my day. Found the breakfast service was very undesirable. On my second day there was more attention to the food, but decaf coffee was stone cold. The food quality is very poor.

When I went to check out on 8/10 @ 12:00p, the manager was not available. The same front desk clerk was there. She was pleasant and cooperative, but not apologetic about the motel's shortcomings. In spite of being comped 1 night for this sub par experience, will not be visiting a Homewood Suite for a long time to come and will be placing a formal complaint with Hilton. When I went up the street to a Hilton Hotel to speak to a manager about this, was told that Homewood Suites was a franchise and had a different management team, so would not process a complaint, on my behalf.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
VictoriaHopkins853, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson-Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

First let me take this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. You willingness to share your thoughts is appreciated. We are committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I trust the action taken on our behalf will bring a sense of resolution and satisfaction concerning this matter.

Our property is currently undergoing renovations to address many of the concerns you had during your stay. Your willingness to share your experience is genuinely appreciated. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve your future lodging needs, as we would like the opportunity to provide you the level of service you expect from the Hilton Brand

Reviewed 5 August 2012

We stayed one night in this Homewood Suites, on our way from Missouri to Gulf Shores, AL. We had requested a rollaway for our son, and it was in our room upon arrival. Pool was clean, room was clean, hotel staff was friendly. The continental breakfast was very good, with both hot and cold choices. We enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Helpful to request a non-smoking room, ours was on first floor, easy to access from main door.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
VictoriaHopkins853, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson-Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our Homewood Suites Jackson/Ridgeland. Your comments are greatly appreciated! I am pleased that you were able to experience all of the wonderful amenities we have to offer at Homewood Suites, including our wonderful staff. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit in our area!

Reviewed 28 July 2012

Hotel could be great. Hallway carpet was heavily stained and dirty. Room had bad odor. I stay about 60 nights per year in hotels, and will not stay here again. Front desk checkin seemed like she would rather be working anywhere else. Disappointed Hilton diamond member.

• Stayed: July 2012
VictoriaHopkins853, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson-Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. You willingness to share your thoughts is appreciated. Homewood Suites by Hilton-Jackson/Ridgeland is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Our property will undergo renovations in August 2012 to address many of the concerns you had during your stay. Your willingness to share your experience is genuinely appreciated. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve your future lodging needs, as we would like the opportunity to provide you the level of service you expect from the Hilton Brand.

Reviewed 28 July 2012

I am a Diamond member and have been for about 10 years.. This has got to be the most incorrect description of a hotel.. This is not even as good as a Hampton Suite or a LaQuinta. The hotel is dirty, the rooms are dated and dirty.. The appliances, cabinets, rugs,etc are old and just not up to what a Homewood Suites standards would be. I chose this hotel because my customer is literally across the street.. I will drive the extra miles to another Hilton property even with the inconvenience.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 25 July 2012

This hotel has some pluses, such as large rooms, great dinner and convenience, but I must admit some of the other posts were correct. I entered the dining area around midnight and found a medium sized cock roach and 2 smaller ones. These were probably brought on by families bringing food back to their room and not disposing correctly... but I simply put all of my food into the frig and sealed it. One post talked about the heavy comforter, which was made for the Antarctic, but I simply got the extra blanket and used it instead. There were some stains in the carpet and the walls need some TLC. Staff was friendly, and I will possibly stay here again in the future, but it won't be my first choice again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
VictoriaHopkins853, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson-Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

First, allow me to say thank you for your feedback of our Homewood Suites by Hilton property. We take each comment under great advisement. Our deepest apologies for the issues you experienced during your stay. We are committed to providing you, our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance.

Our property will undergo renovations August 2012, which will address most of the concerns you expressed. Other concerns were addressed accordingly through specific departments. We hope by the changes that are due to come, you will allow us the opportunity to provide the qualities and services that are expected from our brand.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgeland
Home2 Suites by Hilton Jackson/Ridgeland
Hilton Jackson
#2 of 39 in Jackson
Residence Inn Jackson Ridgeland
Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson-Ridgeland? Share your experiences!