“Comfortable stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
“Comfortable stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

We had issues after checking in. I didn't realize that I would be immediately charged $20/night for incidentals (of course, this comes off later on). Then I realized I was double charged which caused an issue. The manager had to call my bank, and then I had to call my bank. I was without that money until the next morning when I had to call the bank for a second time. Basically, it just caused a headache as soon as we arrived and I was very annoyed.
Aside from that, the rest of our stay was nice. The suite was very comfortable for our 3-night stay. We loved having the sitting area with the kitchen, even though we didn't use the dishwasher, stove or microwave for anything. It was still nice to have just in case. And the full-size fridge with freezer was very nice.
Renovations were going on down the hall but it wasn't really any bother to us while we were in our rooms. I believe the renovations only go on during the week days and during business hours. I'm not sure if our room was newly renovated or not, although I thought that maybe it was.
We had an issue with our door. We had to really push it hard to get it to close all the way, and pull really hard to get it to open. I kept joking that I would probably end up falling backwards over the sofa one day from having to pull so hard to open the door. I doubt all doors are like this... but I'm thinking the renovated our room and maybe the paint or something is causing the issue.
The hotel was in a great location. There was a lot around which was great. The area was also very safe.
We loved the complimentary breakfast every morning, but we especially loved the evening meals with beer/wine. I couldn't eat meals every night because I don't eat beef or pork, but I was able to enjoy one good meal there. Otherwise, it was nice getting a salad and beer/wine. We LOVED Gigi. She was very helpful with telling us about Canton and other area's she recommended. Her husband was also helpful with advice on places to go. She is the sweetest woman ever and I know we'll both miss her.
We may have had issues in the beginning, but we would definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel. It was very comfortable and clean.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
VictoriaHopkins853, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this review, 12 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconvenience you experience during your visit. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience we may have caused you. We are very happy that you enjoyed the complimentary services and wonderful staff. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you in the future if your travels bring you back to the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

I stayed there two years ago an it was great. Now the place is getting worn down. The pool had to be closed for a couple of days, stains on the carpets an hallways, leaking faucets, broken dishwasher. While I wa there they started renovating half the hotel and were bringing in all new furniture and appliances. A big hit is the Monday thru Thursday dinner. It's nothing luxurious but it's a warm meal, with salad bar and beer/ wine. Ms. GiGi that prepares the food is so awesome and really makes you feel welcome every night.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
VictoriaHopkins853, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this review, 8 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the condition of our property during your visit. As you noted, we have begun a full property renovation which will address all of the issues you mentioned. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience our work may have caused you. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you and show off our new guest experience if your travels bring you back to the area.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012 via mobile

Ok, going to start this review off with the only two positives for this stay...First, the bed was very comfortable, but that is always to be expected in a Hilton property. The second, was the ceiling fan in the bed room. Having a fan made my stay really feel like home. But the good ends there...This property is going through some much needed renovations, but I am not sure that alone will fix their issues. To start, I will mention the obvious, the needed upkeep and repairs...the carpet through out, guest rooms, hallways, elevator, etc are disgustingly dirty and stained. The room over all was in pretty bad shape, and the furniture had lots of stains on it. The housekeeping didn't seem to care too much, because when I checked in, there was fruit left in the fridge, water or liquid stains on all of the wood furniture, and towels missing. Also, there was just a sense that the room had not been very well cleaned. The lobby and eating area were very hot and uncomfortable, making it not pleasent to spend much time in these areas. But probably the one thing that made this stay really bad...the food. The food was just plain nasty...nothing was fresh (except the bananas) and had a bad taste. And on top of that, the evening reception was only Monday-Thursday, what's up with that? What's more, even when they did have the manager's reception, the beer was warm...come on people, at least have cold beer on tap, if nothing else. So, would I stay here again? No, not just no, but heck no!

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank pickytraveler2011
VictoriaHopkins853, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this review, 12 September 2012
First allow me the opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences and issues you experienced during your stay. You willingness to share your thoughts is appreciated. We are committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guests, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Our property is currently undergoing renovations to address many of the concerns you had during your stay. Your willingness to share your experience is genuinely appreciated. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve your future lodging needs, as we would like the opportunity to provide you the level of service you expect from the Homewood Suites by Hilton Brand. Again, thank you for your feedback, and trust that if you allow us to serve you in the future you will find it very rewarding.
Mobile, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

This site is actively going through renovations, but I was not told this when I called to discuss my reservation in July, or would have not stayed at this location. When I checked in was told they could not honor a high level room request because 3rd floor was under renovation. However, my travel companion was given a 2nd floor room because she was a diamond member.

Initial impression of the first room, heavily perfumed, antiquated furnishings/appliances. What odor are they trying to hide? Air-conditioning blowing out warm air and no working clock in my 1st floor king suite. Changed rooms due to air-conditioner issues, and almost changed hotels. In the 2nd room older appliances, furniture, and dirty, frayed rug. Internet services would only work in wireless mode, not ethernet connected, which is has a faster speed. When I went to use the shower, drain was slow, water level filled to the top of my ankles. I just love to shower in my own dirty water.

Discovered hall way, main lobby and dining room areas not well air-conditioned, felt like 75+ degrees. I was treated to cold decaf coffee, the last portion of cold scrambled eggs, and an empty apple juice dispenser to start my day. Found the breakfast service was very undesirable. On my second day there was more attention to the food, but decaf coffee was stone cold. The food quality is very poor.

When I went to check out on 8/10 @ 12:00p, the manager was not available. The same front desk clerk was there. She was pleasant and cooperative, but not apologetic about the motel's shortcomings. In spite of being comped 1 night for this sub par experience, will not be visiting a Homewood Suite for a long time to come and will be placing a formal complaint with Hilton. When I went up the street to a Hilton Hotel to speak to a manager about this, was told that Homewood Suites was a franchise and had a different management team, so would not process a complaint, on my behalf.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
VictoriaHopkins853, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this review, 14 August 2012
First let me take this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. You willingness to share your thoughts is appreciated. We are committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I trust the action taken on our behalf will bring a sense of resolution and satisfaction concerning this matter.

Our property is currently undergoing renovations to address many of the concerns you had during your stay. Your willingness to share your experience is genuinely appreciated. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve your future lodging needs, as we would like the opportunity to provide you the level of service you expect from the Hilton Brand
Sedalia, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

We stayed one night in this Homewood Suites, on our way from Missouri to Gulf Shores, AL. We had requested a rollaway for our son, and it was in our room upon arrival. Pool was clean, room was clean, hotel staff was friendly. The continental breakfast was very good, with both hot and cold choices. We enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Helpful to request a non-smoking room, ours was on first floor, easy to access from main door.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
VictoriaHopkins853, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this review, 7 August 2012
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our Homewood Suites Jackson/Ridgeland. Your comments are greatly appreciated! I am pleased that you were able to experience all of the wonderful amenities we have to offer at Homewood Suites, including our wonderful staff. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit in our area!
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

Hotel could be great. Hallway carpet was heavily stained and dirty. Room had bad odor. I stay about 60 nights per year in hotels, and will not stay here again. Front desk checkin seemed like she would rather be working anywhere else. Disappointed Hilton diamond member.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
VictoriaHopkins853, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. You willingness to share your thoughts is appreciated. Homewood Suites by Hilton-Jackson/Ridgeland is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Our property will undergo renovations in August 2012 to address many of the concerns you had during your stay. Your willingness to share your experience is genuinely appreciated. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve your future lodging needs, as we would like the opportunity to provide you the level of service you expect from the Hilton Brand.
Franklin, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

I am a Diamond member and have been for about 10 years.. This has got to be the most incorrect description of a hotel.. This is not even as good as a Hampton Suite or a LaQuinta. The hotel is dirty, the rooms are dated and dirty.. The appliances, cabinets, rugs,etc are old and just not up to what a Homewood Suites standards would be. I chose this hotel because my customer is literally across the street.. I will drive the extra miles to another Hilton property even with the inconvenience.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business