“Great hotel, Great Location”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson-Ridgeland
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Reviewed 3 January 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 days in December 2012. We had a double/suite. The staff, room and location were all fantastic. This hotel is right in the heart of the shopping and restaurants. Definitely try Burgers and Blues down the street. Breakfast is standard fare and good.

My only issues would be it can get a bit noisy if you are on the first or second floor. It can't be helped though. You just have to deal with the moving around above you. Also, there should be a towel rack by the bathroom sink. It's really odd that they neglected to do that when planning the space. And lastly, to the one housekeeper who seemed annoyed when I said good morning to her: I know it's not always easy to get up and come to work, but it reflects poorly on the property when the employees are acting like you are bothering them. She was the exception though, not the norm. Everyone else was friendly and cordial.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank miltowntraveler
Farah J, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson-Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Dear Guest,

Please accept my sincere apology for you experiencing less than satisfactory service while staying here at the Homewood Suites - Jackson- Ridgeland. I have discussed these issues with both my housekeeping and maintenance staff. I would like to invite you to give us another try if you are in the area again so that you can experience the wonderful service that so many of our guests have grown to love! Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again.

King Regards,

Farah Jessop

Reviewed 10 December 2012

Our stay at the Homewood Suites was wonderful! We were here for 13 weeks while our home was being remodeled in Jackson.

Even though there was extensive hotel remodeling in progress, the staff continued to be positive and the workers were sensitive to guests. We were impressed that the hotel cared enough to upgrade the property and the charming results are obvious.

The staff-- housekeeping, desk, kitchen, management, maintenance--were so professional with such warm hospitality. We will always remember Renita, Kim, Khande, Gary, Karolynn, Gigi, Pam,Chelsea, John, Brice, and Ruby. We thank Victoria for making our reservations.
What a special group of caring people who took such good care of us and always made us feel at home.

If you need a place to relax for one night or 100, the Homewood Suites is an excellent choice.
You can exercise in the fitness center while your clothes are washing in the laundry room, have dinner or breakfast in the dining room, and then return to your room to watch T.V. and sleep in a really comfortable bed that has quiet surroundings.

It's been a wonderful experience that we will never forget and for which we will always be grateful..

Marilyn

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger and more private.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lita W
Reviewed 4 December 2012

I stayed at this propery with my wife and toddler. The property was undergoing renovations; however, this did not detract from the stay. The staff was friendly and attentive to our needs. The first room we checked into had a few pet hairs. We were moved across the hall. For some reason, however, the front desk did not update their computer system to reflect our move to a new room. Thus, when we attempted to access the wireless internet and use the phone, we could not. The front desk finally remedied the problem. The second room we moved into had a cord missing from the phone - which was odd. A housekeeping attendant brought us a new cord and the phone worked fine. I'm not sure why the staff never noticed this beforehand. The room was nice. I wouldn't recommend a one-bedroom for anyone traveling with 3 or more people. It is just too small. Two adults in a one-bedroom suite is about all the guests the room can accomodate without feeling a little tight. The breakfast seating area was large and the breakfast options decent. The ramp that leads to the back door was poorly designed; it's too narrow and has hard to navigate turns.

Overall, the property is nothing to brag about but it is better than average

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2012

I've read previous reviews and I'm so glad I didn't have any of those issues! Our room was very nice and well kept. The only thing was, our fridge didn't work very well. Nothing would freeze in the freezer.
This hotel was in a great location to restaurants and shopping centres. But one great thing was, Mon-Thurs you don't really have to go anywhere! Breakfast and dinner are included! And everything was very delicious. **SHOUT OUT TO MS. GIGI...she was an AMAZING lady who made us feel at home. I saw several ppl going to hug her upon check out!
The front desk staff was very nice and helpfu. The only bad things I can really say about this place are: 1. Our room smelled like dog food. We sprayed, but each time we left the room closed up, the smell returned. 2. The housekeeper was very unorganized. Each day something strange happened. Day one, she left all the dirty towels sitting on top of the desk. Day two she left all of her cleaners on the bathroom counter. Both days, hair was left all over the towels...very off putting for a germophobe such as myself.
ALL IN ALL...I really enjoyed my stay here. I would definitely stay here again when in the area!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I have always been pleased with the Homewood Suites, but I should have known things would not be best when I called the day before to upgrade to a 2 bedroom suite and the guy who answered told me (without his even checking) there were no 2 bedroom suites, only to call back later and they told me there was one.

I wanted a non-smoking room. As soon as I opened the door, it smelled of smoke. Under the sofa sleeper, there was an opened used condom package. The coffee maker had coffee and the grounds left in it.

We had met my college daughter for an overnight stay. She was looking forward to a home cooked meal. In the kitchen, and I use that term loosely, there was only 1 frying pan, no sauce pans, no sharp knives, no pircher. There was no dishwashing liquid. I ended up going out and buying 2 sauce pans, dishwashing liquid, Febreeze to spray the room. The only reason I didn't have to buy other things was because I had the foresight to take them with me.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
VictoriaHopkins853, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson-Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2012

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the amount of cooking utensils in your room and apologize for this experience. We work hard to ensure the comfort and satisfaction of our guests and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working diligently to ensure that all rooms are properly equipped with all brand standard approved utensils to prevent this from happening in the future. Please also accept our apology for the reservation issues you experienced. I hope that if you travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 14 October 2012

Because of work in the area, I have stayed there several weeks. The towels I have gotten are dirty and smell. If it gets wet the smell is even worse and confirms they have not been laundered.
Lipstick that had not been through a laundry confirmed it. I now bring my own towels when I stay. My stays have been on the 2nd floor north side so it may be housekeeping for that area only. The remodeled rooms are otherwise clean.

While staying one week, I asked the lady at the front desk to make my reservation for the next 3 weeks. She admitted she was having problems but she would make them and send an email. I was still at the hotel and she did not bother to tell me she didn't make them. I found out I didn't have a reservation when I tried to check in on line.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of the linens in your room and apologize for this experience. We work hard to ensure the comfort and satisfaction of our guests and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. Please also accept our apology for the reservation issues you experienced. I hope that if you travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 8 October 2012

We had issues after checking in. I didn't realize that I would be immediately charged $20/night for incidentals (of course, this comes off later on). Then I realized I was double charged which caused an issue. The manager had to call my bank, and then I had to call my bank. I was without that money until the next morning when I had to call the bank for a second time. Basically, it just caused a headache as soon as we arrived and I was very annoyed.
Aside from that, the rest of our stay was nice. The suite was very comfortable for our 3-night stay. We loved having the sitting area with the kitchen, even though we didn't use the dishwasher, stove or microwave for anything. It was still nice to have just in case. And the full-size fridge with freezer was very nice.
Renovations were going on down the hall but it wasn't really any bother to us while we were in our rooms. I believe the renovations only go on during the week days and during business hours. I'm not sure if our room was newly renovated or not, although I thought that maybe it was.
We had an issue with our door. We had to really push it hard to get it to close all the way, and pull really hard to get it to open. I kept joking that I would probably end up falling backwards over the sofa one day from having to pull so hard to open the door. I doubt all doors are like this... but I'm thinking the renovated our room and maybe the paint or something is causing the issue.
The hotel was in a great location. There was a lot around which was great. The area was also very safe.
We loved the complimentary breakfast every morning, but we especially loved the evening meals with beer/wine. I couldn't eat meals every night because I don't eat beef or pork, but I was able to enjoy one good meal there. Otherwise, it was nice getting a salad and beer/wine. We LOVED Gigi. She was very helpful with telling us about Canton and other area's she recommended. Her husband was also helpful with advice on places to go. She is the sweetest woman ever and I know we'll both miss her.
We may have had issues in the beginning, but we would definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel. It was very comfortable and clean.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
VictoriaHopkins853, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson-Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconvenience you experience during your visit. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience we may have caused you. We are very happy that you enjoyed the complimentary services and wonderful staff. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you in the future if your travels bring you back to the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgeland
Home2 Suites by Hilton Jackson/Ridgeland
Hilton Jackson
Hilton Jackson
#1 of 39 in Jackson
Drury Inn & Suites Jackson Ridgeland
Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland
Residence Inn Jackson Ridgeland
Hyatt Place Jackson/Ridgeland

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson-Ridgeland? Share your experiences!