“Clean comfortable and the staff was great!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson Ridgeland
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Memphis, Tennessee
“Clean comfortable and the staff was great!”
Reviewed 28 June 2010

I really enjoyed my weekend stay at this property. It was very clean, comfortable and the staff was friendly and accomodating. Breakfast was adequate. I had no complaints and was actually pretty surprised by the level of service at this location. Good for a weekend stay with teenage son, 7 year old and hubby. It worked well for us!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Olaysha

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Daphne, Alabama
Reviewed 22 January 2010

This property is off the beaten track near the end of a road off the main drag, which is why it's quiet. We've been here before, near large shopping/restaurant/services area but with the hot dinner offered Mon-Thu, you won't need to leave. We were traveling through on our way to the beach without knowing anyone in town, so even on Christmas Eve the dinner buffet was superb and the attendants were happy to be there. Our 1-bedroom suite had granite counters and beautiful furnishings. Odd was the unopened soda left in the refrigerator and the sliver of soap left behind in the shower that housekeeping did not dispose of.

Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank ksheff-travel
Mississippi
Reviewed 10 December 2009

Wonderful hotel and wonderful staff. I choose Homewood Suites in Ridgeland everytime I am in Jackson, MS. Hotel has been updated since I first started staying there and it is even better.

The staff is very accomodating with every request. Breakfast is great as well as the light dinner in the evenings.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank LBW88
Saint Louis, Mo.
Reviewed 12 August 2009

I was concerned about staying here due to the comments of others, bit I found them to be unfounded. The reservation service on the phone and the font desk service when we checked in was excellent. The 2-room suite was well layed out. It was clean, orderly and nothing missing.
Breakfast the next morning was above average compared to many other hotels where we've stayed.
We will stay here the next time we're in the area. Numerous restaurants and shopping are in the area. Good location.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WillRogers
New Orleans
Reviewed 22 July 2009

Our multi-week stay in this place was OK. It was horrible until we just became accustomed to the incompentence of the staff and bought our own cleaning supplies. When we first arrived, the room had not been cleaned - it was MUSTY and the gross green sofa almost sticky so that you didn't want to touch anything. The bathroom was atrocious and we had to use flip flops when we showered as to not touch the bath tub. In the ensuing weeks, they never cleaned it right and only made the bed and barely tidied a bit.

When I finally had a day off to make sure they did a proper cleaning, I had them come in no less than THREE times and it still was not done adequately. In two weeks they had not vacuumed or mopped or even swept the floor once and dirt and dustballs were actually accumulating on the floors. And I am not a picky person but hair and scum on the floor, a dirty toilet and brown stuff in the bathtub is something that just jumps out at me on cursory examination. Yet this is how it was left when I specifically asked them to clean it well and left the room to give them plenty of space to do their thing.

The head of housekeeping came in twice and examined the problem, apologized effusively, and then when I got back it was almost the same as when I left. The last time she came, she said she'd do it herself to make sure it was done right. Well, sure enough, when I got back, there was hair and scum on the bathroom floor and the toilet had not been scrubbed STILL.

The manager didn't have a care in the world. They just talked real nice and offered all kinds of free stuff to compensate for the problems. It seems like all these people are zonked on valium and/or are all family who hook each other up with jobs or something because I didn't detect the least bit of competence or care in these people. They are as kind and friendly as the day is long but they just don't know how to run a hotel or train people or hire people who know how to do a simple job. I mean the head housekeeper can't see dirt in front of her face and doesn't know what a clean room looks like.

The breakfast and little dinners they served were nice and I give them a star for effort here. But, of course, they were frankly just bordering on edible most of the time because the people preparing the food don't really know how to cook.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Mississippi
Reviewed 25 February 2009

I stayed at this hotel only because someone had some extra Hilton honors points they weren't using, so I cashed in on them. I was 100% pleased with the entire stay. The rooms were cozy, accomodating, and had very comfortable beds and pillows. The room had two flat screen TVs which were very nice. The staff was great and helped out a lot. The biggest compliment I have for this hotel is that the breakfast was amazing. High quality meals every morning were served, as well as a free dinner at night. Another great plus about this hotel is that it's convenient to everything on County Line Road in Ridgeland (north Jackson), but it is on a side road, so it is not directly affected by the traffic. This was a great stay, and I look forward to going back.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank dtses
ALABAMA
Reviewed 27 September 2008

Friendly hotel staff made my stay a better experience in what was otherwise an average hotel with a quality price tag.

Hotel exterior is fresher than interior. Hot, full breakfast is of average quality. Manager’s light evening meal was hot and free. Room carpets and walls needed cleaning. Pool was cloudy. Bed was surprisingly comfortable! Two flat panel TVs in each suite. Kitchen has stove, micro, and full size fridge. Maid staff was the same as you’d find anywhere.

• Stayed September 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank JAMESD843