I was booked to stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Ridgeland, MS for nearly a month, by my company, on a business trip.
First, this hotel is not meant for long term stay. Its rooms, amenities and facilities are not meant to withstand more than 1-2 days of stay. Anything beyond that, and large cracks begin to show in the hotel's service and lack of conveniences. In any case, the bad experience I had at the hotel forced me to move out in 5 days.
1. Even though my company had paid in advance for my stay with a corporate card, the hotel staff insisted on me giving my credit card "for incidental expenses". Like a fool I did. And subsequently, the hotel double charged me! Every day, they debited the room charge from my personal card even though they were already debiting it from my corporate card. I must have spoken to 5 people, called dozens of times, reminded them numerous times, and all they said was "sorry, we'll reverse the transactions". Till today, the transactions have not been reversed.
2. The room entry card swipe system would break down every evening! I'd come back from work, swipe my card, and it wouldn't work. I'd have to go down to the reception and have the card reset. On one day, the staff had to call a janitor to to try to jimmy open my room door because it wouldn't open, even with the master key!
3. The breakfast spread was pathetic. No self-respecting guest would eat there for more than a day. Powdered juices, diabetes-inducing pastries, runny eggs, bad coffee, foul smelling milk - in addition to the usual assortment of fruit and pre-packaged cereal. The hotel called it "continental". I call it an insult.
4. Poorly equipped gym. With 2 treadmills and an elliptical. No weights. No multi-gym. Nothing. And the hotel claimed that they had recently refurnished it. I shudder to think what it was before it was refurnished.
5. Flaky wifi internet. As a business traveler, I depend on wifi internet a great deal. At the HIE, the internet would be broken down when I returned in the evening. Even when it was running, the strength of the connection in my room was flaky.
6. Even until the day I left, the manager (Kim) had not turned up to talk about refunding the illegal transactions. That speaks volumes about the place. The evening I checked out, Jasmon at the reception, was very apologetic and offered a free night. My only thought was "yeah, so that you can debit me for one more night?" The poor girl was probably trying to redeem the hotel's ruined reputation, but too much went wrong for that to work.
The only good thing about this place was the friendliness of the staff. Unfortunately, all the friendliness in the world doesn't fix the issues. I would't stay there again. Indeed, I wouldn't stay at any Holiday Inn Express again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Ridgeland - Jackson North Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Ridgeland - Jackson North Area Hotel Ridgeland
- Comfort Suites Ridgeland