Holiday Inn Express Ridgeland - Jackson North Area
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$129
US$116
Residence Inn
Staybridge Suites Jackson(Ridgeland)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$64
Hotels.com
US$118
Home2.com
All reviewschose this holiday inn expressthe breakfast areastaff was friendly and helpfulbreakfast attendantwould stay here againbed was very comfortablemorning breakfastlarge roomnext morninghotel is locatedup to datefront desk staffsausagegreat place to stayjacksontargetinterstate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 April 2014

when we arrived we had a small issue with our room.
it wasn't anything that we couldn't deal with but Kim and the staff there
totally took care of us! we ended up extending our stay and so they thru us a HUGE
discount !! we didn't ask for it they just did it.

Breakfast was good.
The beds and room were great. TV is cool, free HBO !
, wifi all that were great.
Good location right next to Target and Applebees.
we would stay there again. thanks so much
Michael Hunter

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike H
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We came into the room and if it wasn't so late we would have checked out! The floor hadn't been vacuumed since the last guest. The bathroom floor was filthy and we had to try and clean it before walking on. The wash cloths and towels we used were very soiled. We needed to clean the tub shower before we could use it. There was free breakfast available, but after our impression of the room we decided we wouldn't risk it by eating here. I have never been in an Holiday Inn property that was so poorly kept.

Room Tip: ask to inspect the room before tou take it for the evening.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gl1960
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ridgeland - Jackson North Area, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear gl1960,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please allow us to apologize for the over-all issues you had during your stay. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. We have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M

Reviewed 1 March 2014

I was booked to stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Ridgeland, MS for nearly a month, by my company, on a business trip.
First, this hotel is not meant for long term stay. Its rooms, amenities and facilities are not meant to withstand more than 1-2 days of stay. Anything beyond that, and large cracks begin to show in the hotel's service and lack of conveniences. In any case, the bad experience I had at the hotel forced me to move out in 5 days.
1. Even though my company had paid in advance for my stay with a corporate card, the hotel staff insisted on me giving my credit card "for incidental expenses". Like a fool I did. And subsequently, the hotel double charged me! Every day, they debited the room charge from my personal card even though they were already debiting it from my corporate card. I must have spoken to 5 people, called dozens of times, reminded them numerous times, and all they said was "sorry, we'll reverse the transactions". Till today, the transactions have not been reversed.

2. The room entry card swipe system would break down every evening! I'd come back from work, swipe my card, and it wouldn't work. I'd have to go down to the reception and have the card reset. On one day, the staff had to call a janitor to to try to jimmy open my room door because it wouldn't open, even with the master key!

3. The breakfast spread was pathetic. No self-respecting guest would eat there for more than a day. Powdered juices, diabetes-inducing pastries, runny eggs, bad coffee, foul smelling milk - in addition to the usual assortment of fruit and pre-packaged cereal. The hotel called it "continental". I call it an insult.

4. Poorly equipped gym. With 2 treadmills and an elliptical. No weights. No multi-gym. Nothing. And the hotel claimed that they had recently refurnished it. I shudder to think what it was before it was refurnished.

5. Flaky wifi internet. As a business traveler, I depend on wifi internet a great deal. At the HIE, the internet would be broken down when I returned in the evening. Even when it was running, the strength of the connection in my room was flaky.

6. Even until the day I left, the manager (Kim) had not turned up to talk about refunding the illegal transactions. That speaks volumes about the place. The evening I checked out, Jasmon at the reception, was very apologetic and offered a free night. My only thought was "yeah, so that you can debit me for one more night?" The poor girl was probably trying to redeem the hotel's ruined reputation, but too much went wrong for that to work.

The only good thing about this place was the friendliness of the staff. Unfortunately, all the friendliness in the world doesn't fix the issues. I would't stay there again. Indeed, I wouldn't stay at any Holiday Inn Express again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank kunalashar
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ridgeland - Jackson North Area, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear kunalashar,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. We have sent you a private message to address your concerns further.

Pam G

Reviewed 27 February 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel, but I was disappointed. We had a 2-queen bed suite which was definitely spacious, but there were lighting and cleanliness issues. The suite had two rooms, and the first room was extremely dark, so dark it would be useless to try to read while sitting on the sofa. The bathroom with toilet and tub was also very dim. The tub was very clean, however. One thing I noticed was that the carpet had lint all over it even in the hallway. The carpet appeared new, but needed vacuuming. There was a used roll of toilet paper on the floor by the bed, and there appeared to be a "booger"-looking object on the bed which I flicked off.

The breakfast was fine with the hot cinnamon rolls. All in all, though, I don't know that I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ridgeland - Jackson North Area, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Dear arewenotmen,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the accommodations you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We were glad to see you enjoyed the breakfast. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D

Reviewed 27 February 2014

First, the staff was very pleasant and helpful. The lobby and breakfast area very nice. The breakfast attendant was very efficient and pleasant! Would be nice to be able to open window in room for fresh air, but they were bolted shut. Again, room clean, but needs refreshing. We would stay here again due to access of restaurants and interstate.

Room Tip: Ask for room opposite interstate.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple