Holiday Inn Express Ridgeland - Jackson North Area
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewschose this holiday inn expressthe breakfast areastaff was friendly and helpfulbreakfast attendantwould stay here againbed was very comfortablemorning breakfastlarge roomnext morninghotel is locatedup to datefront desk staffsausagegreat place to stayjacksontargetinterstate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I understand properties need to re-model and upgrade! When I am making a reservation 300 miles away the fact that they are doing that may change my decision to stay there. IF they would give out the info! The contractors were not in the way or over loud with the power tools....(Yeah Right), but the main problems were they had several doors "propped" open and a lot of the common areas were close to 90*. If you are going to shut down the entire floor of common areas air conditioning....maybe you should not rent rooms on that floor. At the "free" breakfast it appeared there were several of the people there that were not patrons of said hotel, And in on corner there was a group that was getting SCHOOLED for a court appearance from a loud boisterous attorney. Not one of my better stays at HIE. and I'm a Gold rewards member, repeat consumer.

Room Tip: Stay off the floors that they are working on AC.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank racepair
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ridgeland - Jackson North Area, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear racepair,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the condition of the common areas prevented you from fully enjoying your visit. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 14 June 2014

The general manger is very rude and I'm looking into talking to the person over her. Front desk treated me ok so did housekeeping. But I'll never seen mangers be so rude to guest and the people who work for them I was told from a friend of mine to NOT stay here and boy was she right. The sweet lady at breakfast is the only person I can truly say love her job.

• Stayed: June 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ridgeland - Jackson North Area, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Jodistx,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed here recently and it was a great place to stay. The rooms were clean and roomy. Beds were comfortable. They are remodeling. The front desk was amazing. They are friendly and will help you in anyway they can. The location was ok and there was a Logans Roadhouse right by the hotel. It was a peaceful stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I was scared to death to book this hotel after reading some of the reviews but I went ahead and booked and I could not be happier. This is not to say that the hotel doesn't have any issues...they do...but after my stay I was very happy with my choice and I would stay here again no problem.

This hotel is clean and the beds and pillows are wonderful. Our room was large and the bathroom was huge. Perfect water pressure from the shower and a quiet peaceful low noise room is what we got when we stayed here. I was thrilled. All the staff was very friendly and I felt safe and secure the whole time. This is what you expect from a Holiday Inn. Well done Ridgeland Staff you guys run a great place!

Having said that let me also point out a few areas that could be improved on.

Breakfast sucked. No other way to say it. It was awful. We were served powdered eggs and no fresh fruit worth eating. No yogurt and hardly any choices in juices. It's fine if you like waffles and pastries but I really enjoy a lighter healthier breakfast and I just didn't find anything that looked good. The coffee tasted burned as well. Meh …Maybe all the good healthy things were picked over before we arrived?

Our room was wonderful but the rod for the curtain was broke and made closing the window all the way harder. Not to mention it looked odd. I would think someone would have noticed this and fixed it because it is very noticeable.

Okay now for the biggest gripe with the hotel and it's not even the hotels fault. GPS can't find this place. We just lucked out and found it. I have no tips on how to find it because we got lost then..boom..There we were. So just know before you book that you need to channel a bit of Louise and Clarke to find the hotel. Once you do find it you will be glad you booked. I felt it was money well spent.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank eryngobra
Reviewed 22 April 2014

when we arrived we had a small issue with our room.
it wasn't anything that we couldn't deal with but Kim and the staff there
totally took care of us! we ended up extending our stay and so they thru us a HUGE
discount !! we didn't ask for it they just did it.

Breakfast was good.
The beds and room were great. TV is cool, free HBO !
, wifi all that were great.
Good location right next to Target and Applebees.
we would stay there again. thanks so much
Michael Hunter