“sufficient but ask for a room away from train crossing”

Holiday Inn Express Ridgeland - Jackson North Area
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Brooklyn
“sufficient but ask for a room away from train crossing”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Typical Holiday Inn Express with friendly service. There is a very modest pool and exercise facility and it is not located in an area conducive to an outdoor run. The rooms was fine and air conditioning worked well.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the train
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ridgeland - Jackson North Area, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear vnBrooklyn,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are so pleased you liked you enjoyed your stay with us. However, we would like to apologize for the shortfalls you have noticed during your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This was our first time staying at a ihg in Jackson, Ms. Believe me when I say I would never stay there again, My husband did the checking in, I always tell him to ask for late check out by us being members. After he parked we all proceeded to walk in I noticed upon entering that there was a lot of teenage boys there but at the time I thought nothing of it. When we made it to the room I had to use the bathroom I do this a lot by me being pregnant. When I flushed the toilet I noticed it had a foul odor I'm guessing that's due to poor cleaning. The beds were extremely firm made it hard to rest althou we would find out about an hour after check in that we wouldn't get any rest even if we had a descent bed to sleep in. Those teenage boys were so loud come to find out it was 6 different teams there any they had no home training or any off court sportsmanship. They were bouncing balls, talking loud, slamming doors, jumping, kicking things and they had the tv on blast. I called to report it to the front desk and she told me all she could do is ask them to be a little quite I don't believe she asked them because they got even louder come to find out there's only four floors and they were on every floor except the 1st floor. We were on the fourth floor it just got worst so I went to the front desk to address the matter again this time it was a different worker she offered to walk the hall to see where the noise was coming from and she even asked to move us I declined because it was 2 am and I have 2 kids and I'm pregnant didn't feel like doing that and besides there's no way a place of business should be ran like a circus act. Even after she knocked on doors they still acted up so I gave up on that then around 2:30 am a train passed it was so loud I don't know who was louder the train or the kids. The pancake maker was broken and they really didn't have enough food to accommodate everything you asked for she said she was out of. So some of the teams were checking out doing breakfast so I decided I would watch a little tv before we check out but every holiday inn we have stayed in I always call the front desk the morning of check out to make sure they put us down for late check out as we requested I called around 10:15 am and I was told that we had to check out at 11:00 because they have a lot of rooms to clean and that they only give late check out to platinum members only I have never heard that one before because we have stayed at plenty of ihg and we always get the 2:00 pm check out. On this ihg website check out is suppose to be at 12:00 pm and not 11:00 pm it was the worst stay ever. The hallways and the elevators were extremely hot.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank 6578
Bentonville, Arkansas
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Easy check in, even though we were late, but during the check in process my card was lost. I continued to call back all week and even though they said they looked, the card never turned up. It was very concerning and they were friendly, but never called me back as I had to keep calling.

The breakfast was good and our room had 2 beds and a sleeper sofa which is great for a family. Not a bargain place, but nice quality and safe area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank FreedomTravel
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ridgeland - Jackson North Area, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear FreedomTravel,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate your kind comments regarding our room accommodations and breakfast service. It seems that we were not able to execute an exemplary performance with regard to guest services. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information about your stay.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Faith R
Hammond, Louisiana
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I understand properties need to re-model and upgrade! When I am making a reservation 300 miles away the fact that they are doing that may change my decision to stay there. IF they would give out the info! The contractors were not in the way or over loud with the power tools....(Yeah Right), but the main problems were they had several doors "propped" open and a lot of the common areas were close to 90*. If you are going to shut down the entire floor of common areas air conditioning....maybe you should not rent rooms on that floor. At the "free" breakfast it appeared there were several of the people there that were not patrons of said hotel, And in on corner there was a group that was getting SCHOOLED for a court appearance from a loud boisterous attorney. Not one of my better stays at HIE. and I'm a Gold rewards member, repeat consumer.

Room Tip: Stay off the floors that they are working on AC.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank racepair
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ridgeland - Jackson North Area, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear racepair,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the condition of the common areas prevented you from fully enjoying your visit. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Jackson
Reviewed 14 June 2014

The general manger is very rude and I'm looking into talking to the person over her. Front desk treated me ok so did housekeeping. But I'll never seen mangers be so rude to guest and the people who work for them I was told from a friend of mine to NOT stay here and boy was she right. The sweet lady at breakfast is the only person I can truly say love her job.

• Stayed June 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ridgeland - Jackson North Area, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Jodistx,

Ben J
Charlotte, Michigan
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed here recently and it was a great place to stay. The rooms were clean and roomy. Beds were comfortable. They are remodeling. The front desk was amazing. They are friendly and will help you in anyway they can. The location was ok and there was a Logans Roadhouse right by the hotel. It was a peaceful stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
NE, Arkansas
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I was scared to death to book this hotel after reading some of the reviews but I went ahead and booked and I could not be happier. This is not to say that the hotel doesn't have any issues...they do...but after my stay I was very happy with my choice and I would stay here again no problem.

This hotel is clean and the beds and pillows are wonderful. Our room was large and the bathroom was huge. Perfect water pressure from the shower and a quiet peaceful low noise room is what we got when we stayed here. I was thrilled. All the staff was very friendly and I felt safe and secure the whole time. This is what you expect from a Holiday Inn. Well done Ridgeland Staff you guys run a great place!

Having said that let me also point out a few areas that could be improved on.

Breakfast sucked. No other way to say it. It was awful. We were served powdered eggs and no fresh fruit worth eating. No yogurt and hardly any choices in juices. It's fine if you like waffles and pastries but I really enjoy a lighter healthier breakfast and I just didn't find anything that looked good. The coffee tasted burned as well. Meh …Maybe all the good healthy things were picked over before we arrived?

Our room was wonderful but the rod for the curtain was broke and made closing the window all the way harder. Not to mention it looked odd. I would think someone would have noticed this and fixed it because it is very noticeable.

Okay now for the biggest gripe with the hotel and it's not even the hotels fault. GPS can't find this place. We just lucked out and found it. I have no tips on how to find it because we got lost then..boom..There we were. So just know before you book that you need to channel a bit of Louise and Clarke to find the hotel. Once you do find it you will be glad you booked. I felt it was money well spent.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family