“Drinks after work”

Price range: US$0 - US$27
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Went to The Ed for drinks after work (did not know of this treasure!) - what a find! What a fantastic pub - we will be back!! Customer service was excellent and it was the perfect spot to unwind on a Friday after a tough week!

Reviewed 31 May 2018

The "ED" is an iconic pub; restaurant; cellar that caters to all tastes.
The beer garden is large and is great on a nice summers day and the restaurant all good with a menu that would please even the fussiest of eaters.

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

Visited on a Monday afternoon for a late lunch with a group of 14 including my 3 kids. Various meals ordered, the kids fish and chips came out fairly quickly with the rest of the mains served not too long after. I had the pork which was a little dry but the seasoning was spot on and the accompanying flavours were fantastic, a really well thought out dish. Everyone else seemed really happy with their food as well. We were seated in the atrium-type area, which was quite noisy and echoey, with 2 kids and my grandmother having hearing loss it's something we take a bit more notice of. I also visited last year with a friend, we sat in the beer garden on a nice weekday and had a wonderful long lunch enjoying a trio of dips as an entree and the ribeye special for main which was absolutely fantastic!

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Dropped into the Ed for dinner because location was nearby to kids drop and pick up. Offered the last table in the restuarant area as all others had been booked. Otherwise would of eaten in the atrium type area - but it is quite noisy in there. I ordered thai fish cakes entree size - could of had as a main and my husband ordered the lamb special. The meals were great. My entree was big enough with three fish cakes and a small very tasty salad mint coriander pickled carrots yum! My husband had lamb with chorizo and olives and some sort of tomato based sauce - both meals were to die for. Service was great and we walked away with a bill of around 60.00. Both super happy.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

Last night I held my 70th birthday party in the Victoria Room, with 70 plus guests. This is a beautiful room, very elegant. The food was delicious and plentiful, and I received so many great comments about that. The staff, especially Kerry the Function and Event Manager, did everything they could to make this event the success it was. They were friendly, helpful and professional and I cannot speak highly enough of just how fabulous they were. Thank you to all of you - I highly recommend The Ed for any event.