“Best Italian Food i have hd for while”

La Rumbla Ristorante
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Hoxton Park
Price range: US$12 - US$23
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Since 2006, La Rumbla has firmly established itself as a unique suburban dining experience. We serve delicious and creative cuisine which is comprised of the best quality seasonal produce. We cater for all special occasions such as birthdays and anniversaries, family events such as christenings, engagement parties and wedding receptions. Our inviting and modern restaurant is suitable for small and large groups with seating available for over 100 people. Our restaurant is conveniently located in Hoxton Park, just off the M7 outside of Liverpool, in South West Sydney. We have plenty of parking and are perfect for a relaxing after-work meal, a special occasion which calls for a three course meal served with good wine, or simply a place to go for coffee and dessert. We welcome you to our restaurant to enjoy the warm atmosphere. Buon Appetito!
Reviewed 20 April 2014

A group of us ( 7) came here after a recommendation from the hotel reception staff where we were staying. The Catholic Club restaurants were full as , so the wonderful Luke from the Mercure Hotel suggested La Rumbla. Well we were all impressed, being out of towners , we were not sure . But it was great, food was great, we all had entrees and mains and all of us were in food heaven.
The service was also top notch. I would recommend La Rumbla to any one who wants great Italian food and great service. A pure gem in Hoxton Park.

1  Thank blondoz34

Reviewed 17 April 2014

We ate here recently wow,lots of choices my hubby had pizza and I had the cheese garlic one....loved it friendly place would return again

Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Food is nice but being in a secluded place which offers no views or anything you would expect the prices to be a little bit less

Reviewed 22 January 2014

This place was disgusting! Atrocious! Uneatable!
No matter how much green tea you have, you will still feel bloated and sick!. My friends and I decided to go to this place for a long time postponed catch up. It was a shame that the meals were absolutely disgusting.

Service – Well at initial stage, the waiter came around and asked if we were ready for entrees. We ordered some entrees and we got them at a reasonable time. I guess they were trying to make a good first impression and then after that it was A DOWN HILL. After a few moments we were asked to order mains which was again at a reasonable time. We ordered drinks when we first walked in and did not get the drinks until LITERALLY after 10 minutes. All we ordered was Lemon Lime Bitters, Water and 2 Cokes, that’s it.... nothing special. During the main meal, my friend ordered a Coke Zero and he did not get his drink UNTIL he completed desert. We had ordered coffee and tea and my mate got his Coke Zero along with his tea..... IS THAT GREAT SERVICE OR WHAT???? What a joke!

Food – Well, I am still feeling sick and it’s been 24hours already. No it’s not food poisoning, it’s just the food was disgusting.
I ordered Mediterranean skewers. The picture in the menu looked beautiful. When the plate arrived, there was 2 skewers and plate was ALL salad. The meat on the skewers.... I WOULDN’T even give to a homeless person. It was so SOOOOO dry! It also had bad fat that I had to use two hands to hold the meat from one side and the other side while still bitting on it to try and pull off the fat. IF YOU read this review and decide to still go, please do not get the skewers.
My mate number 1 ordered King Prawns with rice. There was so much oil on the prawns that you probably could have used the oil to cook 5 large packed of French fries from macdonalds. You can tell from the plate it was oily because the plate was shiny and the rice was absolutely sticky. My mate had to get up and wash his hands from the oil because he couldn’t hold his coke glass as it was slipping from his hands.
My mate number 2 ordered 350g steak. In the picture it had 3 – 4 pieces of steak lined up on top of each other. What he got was 2 pieces of ...... well it will not be appropriate to say the words on this review. The sauce was apparently burnt. Not sure how a sauce can be burnt, BUT APPARENTLY in this restaurant it can...
My mate number 3 ordered whole grilled fish. He enjoyed this and said it was not all that bad. I must admit, you have to give credit where it’s due and the whole grilled fish was nice.

We then had Desert – I couldn’t eat mine. Chocolate crepes was not delicious.

I think the problem of this restaurant is they concentrate more on the presentation of the plate rather than the quality of the meal.

Value – for what we ate..... I think the restaurant should reimburse me for my petrol and stomach cleansing drinks after dining at their restaurant. It was too expensive for the quality of the food. $250 (or a bit more) for 4 ppl. Again though the price may seem reasonable, keep in mind the food quality....

Atmosphere – I think this was average. The restaurant should be changed from formal dining and bad food to more of a Bar Scene and Coffee / Café hangout scene. I don’t think they can mess up making coffee....

The staff here were kind, very presentable and good at taking orders. I think the issue is the chefs and management.
Chefs need to go back to school and management need to hire more bar waiters.

Summary in two words “VERY Disappointing’

Reviewed 13 January 2014

I've been to La Rumbla on a few occasions and have never been disappointed. A few of us went there recently and had the pizza and it was very nice - crispy all the way through which is what I love. All the other mains we saw coming from the kitchen also looked delicious and the serves were quite generous.

A must however is the fried gelato dessert - it takes fried desserts to a whole new level and although there are other desserts on the menu that I would like to try I can never go past the fried gelato as it is absolutely delicious.