“Would stay here again, nice hotel.”

Hampton Inn Memphis Southaven
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Southaven
Key West, Florida
“Would stay here again, nice hotel.”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

This hotel is very nice. The staff was super and very friendly and helpful. Our rooms were very clean and the pool area was very nice. The breakfast was the usual for the Hampton Inns but hot and plenty of food. The only problem we had was when we went to check out the elevators were shut down for maintenance and there had been no notice posted this would happen. So we could not get our luggage down to the car for about 30 minutes. Had they just posted a sign saying this would happen at .......time we could have taken our bags down before we had our breakfast. This was poor planning and we had an appointment and we were almost late.
Overall a good stay and would come back again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Indianapolis, United States
Reviewed 10 August 2013

First off the manager failed to communicate during check in that when using a credit card a 50 dollar "Incidental" fee would be placed on the card in hold status to be released upon check out. However, she could not tell us what these incidentals were? I then told her that the card I was holding the rooms with was NOT the card I wanted to use to check out to which she replied no problem. She then proceeds to use the card I ask her NOT to use for billing. effectively placing a 500 dollar hold on that card. I asked her why 500 when the rooms were quoted at 104.00 a night and we were only staying three days? She could not give us an explaination that made any sense. My whole group were military veterans and we asked if there was a military discount available to which she replied flatly NO. We explained that we have stayed in Hamptons all over the world and the most we have payed was anywhere from 70 to 80 dollars per night + tax of course. The whole story is much to detailed and nefarious to write about here. Bottom line the woman was rude and insensitive with 0 people skills and has no business managing anything. Her staff however was very polite, friendly and went above and beyond to help us anyway they could.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

greensburg, United States
Reviewed 30 July 2013

This hotel is an excellent place to stay just look call a head and make sure that there are no ball teams coming through and if they are try getting a room on the top floor if you are looking for quiet.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Omaha, United States
Reviewed 13 July 2013

My husband, daughter and I were in Southhaven because of the sudden death of my father. The staff went out of their way to help us during an extremely difficult time. They will always have a special place in my heart for their care and compassion. Thank you to everyone there. During the last five years we have stayed there multiple times. The staff in this hotel are wonderful.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Fayetteville
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Best Hotel you can ask for, when traveling or just wanting someplace to enjoy and relax. Travel this past two week, our stay at 2 Hampton Inn were excellent. The staff was professional and accomodating. At one Inn, the clerk, changed our rooms, we she saw we have more lugguage than usual. Changing us to a room were we could have access and the ability to get your things in our room, without using the elevator.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

New Jersey
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Stayed there for 2 nites was in the area to visit Graceland & downtown Memphis. The hotel is a quick drive away from Downtown. The price was very reasonable compared to staying at other properties in Memphis. The hotel is a little tricky to get to I passed it twice the GPS didn't do a good job of getting there. The easiest was it to enter at the driveway where the shopping center is Best Buy was my landmark it make it much easy to navigate. The hotel is located in a busy area with lots of restaurants, shopping centers etc. The staff was very polite and helpful. The breakfast area was a small and every seat was taken for breakfast so I went back to the room and went down after the crowds cleared. The property is a little dated compared to other Hampton Inns I have stayed at. Due to the location and if the price was right I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Prairie, United States
Reviewed 29 June 2013

This was my third visit to this Hampton Inn. This was also my least satisfactory visit due to damp floor which caused a problem for me since I like to go barefoot in my room. This also caused the room to have a damp smell to it. I've been with Hilton/Hampton for almost seven years. This wasn't enough of a set back to turn me off from Hilton/Hampton properties, but I probabloy won't stay at this particular Hampton again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family