“A little dated but clean, well staffed & convenient”

Hampton Inn Memphis Southaven
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Southaven
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We were in Southaven to watch my nephew's little league baseball tournament. We chose this hotel because it was in an area we were already familiar with from a previous visit and the price was right, plus we've always had good experiences with Hamptons. I checked in alone as my husband was still working and had not yet traveled over. The front desk couldn't have been nicer during the check in process and very graciously held a key at the desk for my husband in case I was not around when he arrived that evening. The room was at the end of a hallway so it was very quiet, despite all the baseball teams staying on our floor. When I got in I was very hot from being at the ballpark so I cranked up the AC and got the room cooling. It worked very well and the room was comfortable in no time. Everything was in good working order and appeared to be very clean. I did notice that there was a lot of airplane traffic overhead and I could hear the planes very distinctly while sitting on the sofa watching TV. I worried that this might be disruptive later in the evening but either the plane traffic settled down (which I think was the case) or I had just become accustomed to it - either way, it was not a problem from that point forward. We did eat breakfast at the complimentary breakfast bar the next morning. I have to say that for a hotel breakfast, it was very good. The eggs were fluffy & tasty and everything seemed very fresh. The decor in the rooms could stand an overhaul - it seems a little dated/dark but it was not worn or dirty. If I had one complaint it would not be about the hotel itself but about finding the location. Using Google navigation as my GPS and the address provided by the hotel upon reservation, it tried to have me turn R from the main road onto the street next to the hotel, except that they don't connect - if you're looking for this place, understand you will need to turn in at the light where the shopping area containing Best Buy is and then take a side road or two. Not hard to find but you can't trust the GPS!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jmt1177

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Our team stayed together for a week during the Little League World Series. The hotel put us on the same floor and the guest services were fantastic! We would definitely stay here again if we are in the area. Close to Memphis attractions, shopping, and dining.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pam B
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Most of reviews for this location are decent so we must have had an unusual stay. Our room was nasty! First Impression was the smell. Smelled like musty mothballs or old clothing or, , , Really can't describe the smell. When we walked into the room, the carpet was sticky. Our shoes felt like they was sticking to the carpet. The linens was clean and beds comfortable. Breakfast was Hampton inn breakfast good. Staff was friendly and willing to help.
Because of the condition of our room, I would not stay at this facility again.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Memphis is difficult to navigate in the middle of the day, and much more painful if you are there in the middle of the night and have never been in the city before. These are the best desk folks in the world, especially "Sheranda". They talked me through a strange city late at night and had my room waiting and ready. Couldn't ask for anything more.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2014

very nice quiet... not difficult to find if you plan correctly. breakfast needs a meat added to menu. Staff friendly room nice ice machine on second floor inoperative, but otherwise a comfortsble stay would stay there again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is just like any other normal Hampton Inn. It is close to Airport even though it's in MS. There are plenty of places to eat near it. The biggest positive is that it's exactly what you expect from a Hampton. The biggest negative is that the airport shuttle starts too late for early morning flights so you have to take a taxi (because you also can't return a rental car at MEM prior to about 6:10 am.) I have stayed here 3 times.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Exergy
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This hotel is less than 5 miles from the airport and offers many more options in walking distance than hotel that are closer to the airport. the staff is wonderful and helpful! I stay here a couple times a year when I am in Memphis for buisness and I am always happy with the choice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business