“Local Gem”

Nagoya Japanese Cuisine
Ranked #17 of 146 Restaurants in Southaven
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I was in town on business and staying in the Southaven area. When I was sitting at another local bar, I asked the bartender where is a good place for sushi. She immediately recommended Nagoya. She said you get a miso soup as part of the meal.
I decided to give it a try.
I show up and sit at the bar. Nobody is here, which is great. Not crowded at all. I take the nigiri list and order 2 pieces of unagi and order a rainbow roll and a tuna roll.
Both were very good and very fresh in my opinion. Good choice by the local bartender to recommend this place. When I'm back in town, I'll eat here again.

Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

Nagoya is always at the top of my list of restaurants when I'm working near Southaven. Owned by the same folks as my favorite sushi restaurant, Nagoya lives up to their reputation got having great sushi.

1  Thank bitbrain
Reviewed 13 June 2013

There is only one place that has the best Sushi, this isn't it but it is "darn" close. My first experience with Sushi was at Mr. Sushi in Texas. Nagoya comes up very close to Mr. Sushi in Addison.

Reviewed 3 May 2013 via mobile

For the second consecutive year this has been the pre-meeting meal for me and part of my staff while we are here for the Gulf South Conference softball tournament (NCAA DII). We had a variety of rolls and they were DELICIOUS! We tried the Ultimate Roll, Dynamite Roll, Rainbow Roll, and Southhaven Roll. The place was quiet and the server was knowledgeable and tried to help a member of our group that is not a fan of sushi. Mission complete...everyone let happy. Highly recommend!

1  Thank Coach_Atkinson
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Great lil place right across from a *$'s; smaller venue with LARGE sushi and maki rolls. I was there with my subcontractor (they always pay!!) for a lunch/meeting. The rolls we got, 4, were very tasty, the Miso soup great, Edamame nice with sea salt. A total party in the mouth!