Homegate Inn and Suites
Agoda.com
US$141
Homewood
HotelQuickly
All reviewsplace to stayfront desk clerknext morningdanishshopping
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 June 2011

We were given a smoking room when we wanted a non-smoking room. The smoke stench was thick. The bed was old and the mattress was terrible...very little padding. The room was stifling hot when we entered. We put the air on and by two in the morning, the room was cold. The bedspread (there was no blanket) was too heavy and bulky. We did request a lighter blanket and got one the next day. If we could have left, we would have, but we had a wedding to attend and just didn't have the time or energy to pack up and find another place. I am writing this for those who are contemplating a stay here...FIND A DIFFERENT HOTEL!!! Have I mentioned the "deluxe" continental breakfast, yet? Cold cereal and three pastries (not kinds of pastries, but three individual pastries). I had to get the young man at the desk to remove his headphones to service the breakfast area. We left and went to I-Hop to eat breakfast. Thirty bucks! Tack that on this wonderful stay, thus far! Have I made my point? In case you missed it....GO STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE, ANYWHERE ELSE!!

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank dougiepoo54
Reviewed 14 March 2011

I was totally disappointed when I arrived because it looked nothing like the pictures online. The female attendant that evening when I checked in was nice but after that, I got terrible service. The Indian guy at the desk after hours was rude(and wasn't discreet about it) and didn't want to do anything thing for me. All I wanted was a cold bottle of water, and he displayed a funky attitude because he had to stop eating his big bag of Lays chip and get off the stool he was sitting on, then the rooms were small for a double and the drain in the bath tub took ages to run out and we had trouble getting fresh towels when needed. It was suppose to be a nonsmoking facility and the hallway on the first floor was funky with the essence of cigarette smoke. To add insult to injury, we found small roaches in the bathroom and one happen to be on my bath towel wen I was about to wash my face. I only stayed there because there were no other hotels in the area with rooms at the last minute for me and my family at a price under $100 per night. My son spoke and said good morning and the "people" that worked there during the day either didn't speak good English or they would just look and stare at us as if something was wrong with us. I was outraged. Never again will I stay somewhere different cause the price is good and it looks good online. I usually stay at Marriots and Extended Stays and I have learned my lesson--stay with what I know and use to.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank laketa76
Reviewed 27 January 2011

It was a decent place to stay for the money. The only problem we have is that what they charged on our credit card is different from what the receipt says. Not sure if they charge a $75.00 booking fee online or what the deal is. My hubby is checking it out - So it might be wise to call this hotel beforehand if reserving a room.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2010

I was recently a guest here, and the front desk clerk, Tasha, was incredibly kind and helpful. She's the most attentive hotel employee I've had in quite awhile. Great customer service, unbeatable price and perfect location!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank KateLynnCarter80
Reviewed 21 November 2010

I have stayed in hotels world wide and have never bragged on one but after our stay at The Key west Inn , I decided to let other people know about it. The rooms are clean and spacious a better than usual continental breakfast , I met the owner and was totally impressed with the pride he has in taking care of his guests.I you are planning a trip to Graceland or Beale Street in Memphis this is the perfect place TO CALL HOME for a few days. Just west of I 55 . a short drive to Memphis. OH and THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple