“Great Cusomer Service and Wonderful Location-right beside I-55!”

Homegate Inn and Suites
Homegate Inn and Suites
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Southaven
Reviewed 5 December 2010

I was recently a guest here, and the front desk clerk, Tasha, was incredibly kind and helpful. She's the most attentive hotel employee I've had in quite awhile. Great customer service, unbeatable price and perfect location!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank KateLynnCarter80
There are newer reviews for Homegate Inn and Suites

Reviewed 21 November 2010

I have stayed in hotels world wide and have never bragged on one but after our stay at The Key west Inn , I decided to let other people know about it. The rooms are clean and spacious a better than usual continental breakfast , I met the owner and was totally impressed with the pride he has in taking care of his guests.I you are planning a trip to Graceland or Beale Street in Memphis this is the perfect place TO CALL HOME for a few days. Just west of I 55 . a short drive to Memphis. OH and THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2010

We had a block of 15 rooms booked for our girl's national cheerleading competition. This property is the closest lodging near the Desoto Civic Center. We booked here because the management told us it was across the road from the Civic Center. It was within walking distance but it is very hard to walk 15-10 year old little girls across a busy highway and then 1/2 mile in 100 degree heat. Check in was fast and the front desk person was pleasant. The first thing you see when you start down the hallway is sticky strips in the corners to catch mice. Not a good sign. Our room was ok. It was a mini suite with a frig, 2 burner stove and microwave. Convenient! Sure! However, there are no pans, plates or utensils. (No coffee pot). It looked like the owner has been doing some improvements. The carpets seemed new and the rooms I visited looked freshly painted. Some problems other people in our party experienced were: dirty sheets and roaches. The linens were old, dingy and thin from many washings. An investment into new linens would be a great improvement. NO BLANKETS ON THE BEDS. Just a sheet and a bedspread. The girls did not care. They had a blast in the nice little swimming pool. My advice would be to ask to see a room before you lay any money down. There are nicer accomodations at the next exit.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed 16 August 2007

This was the only room we could find at the last minute due to the Elvis 30th Anniversary of his death pilgrimage that many fools were making to Memphis. Needed a room at the last minute and found this for $60 at Orbitz.

The facility is fairly new and the room was clean. It served it's purpose well.

The only complaint is that it is a little off the beaten path as far as restaurants - the good ones are 2 miles farther down the road.

There is a Taco Bell and a McDonald's nearby.

The front desk personel were friendly. No complaints there. I'd stay there again if I was in the area. I'm picky about the kind of motel I stay in.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 19 July 2007

We stayed in this hotel during a state softball tournament held in Hernando. It was basically an okay location. It was empty when we arrived Thursday night. We had SEVERAL issues with clocks not working, tub handles falling off, no batteries in remotes(in every room)...all minor complaints but it appeared they basically shut everything off in the room when not rented or ours hadn't been rented in a long time. Breakfast was a gallon of milk and some frozen waffles. The beds were not stripped unless requested. It just seems as if every corner was cut. We had a run in with the front desk person at checkout because we were being charged a weekend rate mid week because we didn't need the room the Saturday night as we had originally been told. He was very rude and indignant. We got several different answers as to what the rate was, what the cancellation policy was. Everything was handled very unprofessionally including handwritten room assignments. I don't think anything was ever verified on the computer. This place is not the worst place ever but very much overpriced. I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southaven
Quality Inn
Holiday Inn Southaven - Central
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#7 of 17 in Southaven

Been to Homegate Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Homegate Inn and Suites

Address: 5115 Pepper Chase Dr, Southaven, MS 38671-7406 (Formerly Key West Inn and Suites)
Region: United States > Mississippi > Southaven
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Southaven
Price Range: £42 - £60 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Homegate Inn and Suites 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Homegate Inn and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.