“Cute and but that was about it”

Magnolia Inn and Suites
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Southaven
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I booked this hotel to attend a dog show in Southaven, booking it on Bookin.com So on my way of a 7 hour drive I get a call from the hotel that says they don't have the room I booked because I didn't book it directly with them. If I had called them directly they would hold the room I booked but because I did it online they didn't have to save it. Then I get there and they tell me if I had called directly the dog show rate would have been less, so I said you are going to honor that right? They did not. Poor customer service on their part. My husband wanted coffee one morning and finally gave up after 15 minutes of waiting while the girl told him I will get to it when I get to it, again poor customer service. The breakfast was soso, the beds were hard, the room was hot. Not somewhere I will ever return. The walls are also paper thin.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Donna_Bledsoe

Reviewed 4 August 2014

My husband and I wanted a quiet getaway for a night.. We booked the only themed room available "Heart to Heart" just for the Jacuzzi tub. Room could be decorated a little better(border doesn't go with theme, cupid theme is cute but could really be amped up), and some décor was a little worn.(curtains had some worn spots that light showed through, velvet on bed frame had wear and some small holes, wallpaper had spots that were coming off). The Jacuzzi was nice, but could have been a little more power in the jets as well as the water was slow to fill the tub.. Continental Breakfast was not much to speak of, saw some cereal and muffins, coffee, milk and oj.. Now with that being said; Check in was easy and clerk was very friendly. Room was very spacious, clean, quiet and bed was comfortable... was also in a nice area with several restaurants within walking distance..So for the money we paid, it was worth it and we would go again for a quiet enjoyable getaway.

Room Tip: Themed room cute for newly weds or couple wanting a little romantic getaway.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 22TJD12
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Checking in was ok got to the room and it was hot . I think they should have the air on especially in the summer with a heat index off 100 .. Awful. Anyway to my surprise I always take the comforter off of the bed because as we know they are hardly ever washed. I had no blanket you know the one that is soft and keeps you warm when you have the A/C as low as it will go. So I had no choice but to use the comforter . Well the coffee is so weak or they use an awful brand but you might as well just go across the street to Mc Donald's if you want a GOOD cup of coffee and you might as well pick up breakfast because theirs is just pastry and who wants to cook a waffle? I don't The room was not all that clean kinda old and dirty lookin. I don't ever recommend this place also it is not in a good area of town. P.S. he owns the one next door as well. take it for what it is worth.Be cautious of the wifi. and pay in cash. Don't know what happened but CC was skimmed it happened in SouthHaven and I had only gone to Outback,Chilis,CVS so go figure . I think there was a man in the middle somewhere . Pay cash .

Room Tip: pay cash take your own blanket and a good bottle of Lysol spray.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Diana T
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here before with no problems so was surprised to see a review about bedbugs. I went ahead and booked a stay. I had no problems whatsoever. Clean, same as I've come to expect. Already booked my next stay.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Julie H
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed at the Inn on June 28, 2014 on our return from a trip to southern Ms. and had stayed on our way down on June 20. The rooms are good size and very clean. They are also quiet and you cannot hear doors banging from other rooms which is unusual for a moderately priced hotel. The Inn is in a great location - immediately off I-55 and there is a good restaurant across the street in walking distance. There are plenty of eating places within a few minutes drive.

The free continental breakfast is not very much but is OK and you can cook great Belgium waffles in just a couple of minutes which is very nice.

We enjoyed our stay and we will stay there again. Dave at the front desk was great in setting up our return reservation so thanks Dave - Don Wag

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Our room smelled like mildew. There was a mold/mildew/ slime filled paper towel tucked into a hole in the ceiling. To top it off, there was a mouse traps in the hallway. The breakfast was nothing special. However, they had a waffle maker, which was a plus.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ig0psycho
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed there on my way to Missouri, and on my way back home. The early check in is great, was able to check in by 2:30 pm both ways. The hotel is old, but the rooms are clean and comfortable. Easy access to the interstate is a plus. Free internet, flat screen TV, free continental (although limited) breakfast. Would recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southaven
Quality Inn
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Horn Lake
Holiday Inn Southaven - Central
Candlewood Suites Memphis - Southaven
Courtyard by Marriott Memphis Southaven

Been to Magnolia Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!