“Great deal for the price..” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 140 Restaurants in Southaven
Cuisines: American, Fast food
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Billed as "How the South does fast food."
Birmingham, AL
“Great deal for the price..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

This was a pleasant suprise. Got the porkchop, okra, pinto beans, rice with gravy, and cornbread. The porkchop was excellent! I didn't care for the spice in the pinto beans or the sweetness of the cornbread; but there were several other selections. Another person at our table got the potatoes and they looked really good. When you want something different but still fast food, this is a great place to go.

• Visited March 2014

Walls Ms
“Abbay's meals”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

For a real reasonable meal if you don't mind plastic plates adn forks, this is a reasonable place to eat and good food, wife and I ate there on Sunday for $14 + tax and had plenty to eat

Visited December 2013
Savannah, Georgia
“Good Food - Reasonable Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

Good variety of "home style" cooking. They have very good service and often fill orders within 2 minutes.

Visited June 2013
Hernando, Mississippi
“Talked up a bit too much........”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

I stopped in for lunch and had no idea what to expect. I had heard the food was really good so I tried it out. They had a good menu selection but I was skeptical about fast food called "home cooking". I chose the chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, fried okra, macaroni and cheese with a roll. The food came out before I could make my drink which really surprised me. Upon getting seated I realized why it was so fast. I understand that most restaurants precook food but the potatoes were obviously instant. The okra was far from freshly cooked, the breading was soft and chewy. The macaroni and cheese had no taste. It was very pale in color and watery. The roll was tough and the chicken fried steak was warm at best. I was really hoping to find a new place to eat home cooking in the area. I was really disappointed in this place and doubt I will go back. It is slightly cheaper than Cracker Barrel or Dale's which are in the area as well, but there is no comparison in the quality of the food. I will pay the extra buck or two to eat somewhere that I can enjoy my meal.

1 Thank Bigdaddy71100
Oakland, Mississippi
“What an unexpected surprise!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

My husband & I stopped by because it was the closest thing we had. We ordered the country fried steak, mac & cheese, sweet potato casserole and rice & broccoli casserole and diner roll for me and the pork chop, mac & cheese, spicy broccoli and mashed potatoes & gravy for my husband. Everything was delicious! I was not expecting much since I had tried another location and the food was bland. But here, everything was very well seasoned. I loved the we both ate a home meal menu and spent only $18.00, including drinks and taxes. The service was excellent and very speedy. The place ws very clean, even though we were there at 6:30pm. I will definately go again next time in the area.

• Visited January 2013