“THE BEST HOTEL EXPERIENCE EVER” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Home2 Suites By Hilton Memphis - Southaven

Home2 Suites By Hilton Memphis - Southaven
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Southaven
Memphis, Tennessee
“THE BEST HOTEL EXPERIENCE EVER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

From beginning to the end, from booking to check-out, everything about the process was lovely. Christopher Golden leads an amazing team of energetic and passionate workers. Love fills the air at Home2. It's like a 2nd Home. The rooms are spacious. The beds are comfortable. The design and decor is second to none. From complimentary coffee and tea to complimentary Wifi, there is a clear desire to satisfy each guest. They move swiftly. Neither check-out nor check-in is a gruesome process. This hotel is situated right in the midst of everything one could possibly need while on vacation. Although many businesses surround the hotel, I was is still able to achieve tranquility and quietness. The black out shade is amazing! The bed is absolutely comfortable. The pillows felt like the comfort that I imagine when I fly above and look at clouds. Home 2 is a second home here in the MidSouth for me.

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank Minister Cortne... R
Christopher G, Executive Rooms Division Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Memphis - Southaven, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Hi Courtney!
Thank you for your excellent review of Home 2 Southaven and on our AGM Christopher. We are so happy that you enjoyed the facilities and our services. We know that you all were here for a musical convention and we are glad to know that you were able to utilize our services. Thank you so much and please visit us in the near future.

Melissa Gordon
Executive Rooms Division Manager
Home 2 Suites Southaven
662.349.8804

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Harrison Township, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

The rooms are large with full size refrigerators, dishes, dishwasher, and large microwave. Our king bed was very comfortabled. There was nice outdoor seating which was a nice way to get out of the room. They were so friendly it was almost strange. We will be staying here again as we have family in the area.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank skytate
Christopher G, Assistant General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Memphis - Southaven, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Hi Skytate!

We are all aliens from the Planet Hospitalion! (LOL) ;O)...just kidding, Skytate, we are just a group of individuals who enjoy providing comfort and service to others. So in this case, strange is good! Thank you for such a great review and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Christopher Golden
Assistant General Manager
Home 2 Suites Southaven
Star
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

After reading all the great reviews on trip advisor, I was highly disappointed in this hotel. The first room had fleas and had not been cleaned. There were finger prints, shoe prints and it smelled like smoke in the room (although it's non smoking). They moved us the another room directly in front of the elevator (although I requested to be away from elevator). We were also on the 4th floor, which is suppose to be pet free, however our neighbors in the next room had a pet. We had a concert to attend and did not get back until about 1:30Am. Shortly after, a flea bit me twice on the leg. If we could've gotten a room at another hotel, we would have left. But everything was booked. Then we went down for breakfast about 9 and it was pure chaos. The guy working the breakfast area turned the juice machine off before I even got my drink. Breakfast wasn't suppose to be over until 10. There was still a lot of people down there eating. When I asked him about it, he was rude and it took him 10 minutes to finally turn it back on. Another lady was complaining because he took the waffle mix away and it was not time for breakfast to be over. I guess he was ready to leave. The pool smelled horrible and was the nastiest I've ever seen. It was closed the day we left, I was scared to ask why. It is very close to everything and the location seemed safe. But that is my only positive thing to say. The hilton looked much nicer right across the road. We were offered one nights refund. However, I will not stay here again.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Robert M, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Memphis - Southaven, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Christina M,

I want to thank you for being our guest and for sharing the issues that you experienced during your stay. Although I certainly regret the problems that occurred during your stay with us, I am very glad that you shared your concerns. By allowing us the opportunity to address the situation, we can prevent a recurrence and a future guest’s disappointment. We have had our pest control company on site to inspect our rooms and ensure that any issues are corrected. I am also terribly sorry for the experience that you had in breakfast and have my management team working more closely with the staff to ensure this does not reoccur.

We would like the opportunity to make up for our short comings during your stay with us. If and when you are in the area again please contact me directly for a complimentary nights stay and I will be most happy to personally make your reservation and ensure that you have a trouble free stay with us the next time. It is our goal to exceed guest’s expectations and I am certain that should you give us the opportunity to do so, the next time, we will not fall short.

Again, if there is anything that I can do for you, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.

Robert McKinnon
rmckinnon@vistahost.net
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

I have been here for a week for training at the airport. The minute I stepped in the hotel I was captured. Very modern and clean. The rooms are excellent and the saline pool is great. My main focus is on Christopher at the front desk. Never have I received such friendly service at any other hotel. He is impeccable and not to mention how good looking lol! I certainly recommend! Also can't forget Dennis the shuttle driver, so friendly. He got us around all week!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Courtney N, Director of Sales at Home2 Suites By Hilton Memphis - Southaven, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Kaytlin T,

Thank you for reviewing us! I am pleased you enjoyed your time here. I will make sure to let Dennis and Christopher know how much you enjoyed them during your stay. We look forward to having you with us again soon!

Best Regards,
Courtney Nelson
Director of Sales
Hot Springs, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Home 2 for a week during a training seminar. I came in and was greeted with a smile from Christopher. After checking in I grabbed a complementary apple with Nutella spread and headed towards my room. I had my fair share during my week stay. Christopher G. always made sure I had my shuttle prepared or even called a taxi when needed, he was a great help. The night shuttle driver Dennis was also on his "A" game all week. He always had a good story during our rides and was quick about picking me up. Not only was the service good the rooms were awesome, inside was a Keurig, two very comfortable beds, an alarm clock with charging dock, black out blinds, and plenty of storage space. All in all my stay at the Home 2 was great, a big thank you to Dennis and Christopher, along with the rest of the staff.

1 Thank Alex G
Dear Alex G,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Home2 Suites by Hilton Memphis-Southaven. We love to hear feedback from our guests. I will make sure to pass on your compliments to Christopher and Dennis. They will be so pleased to hear all the wonderful things you said! We hope to have you with us again soon!

Best Regards,
Courtney Nelson
Director of Sales
Muscle Shoals, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a night with our kids for a weekend zoo trip. Check in was quick and easy. I liked the security of the hotel with the keyed elevator and locked outer doors at 9 pm. The hotel was in a great area with lots of shopping and places to eat next door. It was in a convenient and comfortable location in order for us to visit the zoo. The only thing we would have preferred to be different is for the pool area to be larger. There were a lot of kids there and for our small kids it was just too crowded. We still plan on staying there again the next time we go.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Hi Heather S!
Thank for your awesome review of Home 2. The Memphis Zoo is awesome and we are happy that you and your family were able to check it out, please come and stay with us again in the near future. Safe Travels
lithia springs
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

While the hotel is new, the service, w/ the exception of Melissa in housekeeping, is sorely lacking. The front desk person upon check in was rude and looked put out that she was being interrupted in socializing w/ another person. There was a lot of noise from the pool area & someone jumpting & running over the check in area. None of which seemed to be of a concern to her. There were outside guests using the facilities, and some who tried to get us to let them in w/ our key. The room was nice, but my husband & kids did not like the bathroom door, which slid & didn't have locks. The bed slept great, and again, you couldn't ask for a nicer person in Melissa in housekeeping. When trash was left in our room by a previous guest, she was so apologetic & immediately took care of the problem. She remembered us the next day & spoke & was very friendly. The manager beside her never acknowledged us. If you want nice, friendly service, we didn't find it here. Clean, but no service.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kingsoftravel
Greetings Kingsoftravel

I am sorry to hear about your experience with us. The lack of service that you experienced is completely unacceptable. I have spoken to the individuals involved and coached them so that other guests do not have a similar experience to yours. I am pleased to hear that you had a favorable encounter with Melissa who I am proud to say is our new Housekeeping Manager! Again, I apologize for the issues that you experienced and if there is anything else that I can personally do for you, please let me know.

Robert McKinnon
rmckinnon@vistahost.net
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southaven
Candlewood Suites Memphis - Southaven
Hilton Garden Inn Memphis Southaven
Holiday Inn Southaven - Central
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#4 of 16 in Southaven
Hampton Inn Memphis Southaven
Drury Inn & Suites Memphis Southaven

Been to Home2 Suites By Hilton Memphis - Southaven? Share your experiences!