“Excellent Service”

Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Southaven
Spring Branch, Texas
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

We enjoyed our stay here. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Highly recommend!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
tdsmoot, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Memphis Southaven, responded to this review, 16 November 2011
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel and staff. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Inside Sales Manager
Residence Inn Southaven

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
West Memphis, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

On 10/25/11, we held our board meeting at this property. Kim Knopp, Director of Sales, and the entire staff were great. They were very professional and helpful throughout our daylong meeting. Each member of our staff was greeted as they entered the lobby and were directed to the meeting room. The meeting room itself was immaculate and very well organized complete with refreshments. The staff checked on us regularly to ensure everything was in order. Several of the members who had accommodations at other hotels were so impressed, they asked the desk person if it would be possible to see a room for future consideration. The rooms were immaculate also. Each of those members stated they would definitely stay at this property in the future, while visiting the Memphis area. At the conclusion of our meeting Mr. Mike Higginbotham, property manager, greeted our group to ensure things had gone smoothly. I would definitely recommend this property and meeting room for those looking for a location in which to hold small business meetings with comfortable and clean lodging with truly friendly and courteous service.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel and staff! We are happy your meeting was a sucess. We look forward to serving you and your company needs in the future! On behalf of our entire staff again "THANK YOU!"

Sales Manager
Park City, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2011

I stayed in this hotel with my wife. The hotel was great and the staff was nice. The FedEx planes flew right over the hotel between about 2 - 6AM when the regular airport closed. This was very loud and disturbing. We bought some earplugs and slept fine the next night. Do the same!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Dublin Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

We stayed 2 nights in a 1 bedroom unit which was excellent, very clean, comfortable, spacious and fully equipped, even had a dishwasher. Staff very helpful. Located on the edge of a mall area shopping area along with a few other similar hotels, but there were several eateries very close by which was handy if you did not want to drive anywhere. Not close to the city, but then it was a quiet location, very safe and cose to the main highways, free parking and internet access.

Room Tip: All rooms seem great
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
tdsmoot, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Memphis Southaven, responded to this review, 7 October 2011
Thank you for you kind comments about our hotel and staff. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope if you ever return to the area you will be our guest again. We take pride in serving our guest and delighted you enjoyed your stay.

Inside Sales Manager
Costa Mesa, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

I travel to Memphis on business regularly each quarter, and I've tried a number of hotels in the area. We have a distribution center between State line and Shelby Drive, so Southaven has been a good spot for hotels without having to fight traffic to get to the distribution center in Memphis. I've been staying at the Southaven Residence Inn regularly over the past four or five years, and have found it to be a comfortable place. I have never had any issues with the rooms, and the staff has always been very helpful. I like the location because it is somewhat rural but still close to the city, and there are plenty of decent restaurants and shopping nearby. I'm not sure why there are so many negative reviews - I have not had a bad experience in my years of staying here. A couple notes however... One, if you have not traveled to the Memphis area before, the overall levels of service and maintenance are not what you may be used to, but it is something I have encountered all over the Memphis area regardless of the hotel I have stayed at. Memphis is just different - get used to it. Second, make sure you pick up some bottled water - the tap water has an off taste to it.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Lexington, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

I stay at Residence Inn quite a lot, but I have only written reviews of them once or twice because usually there isn't much to say. They are typically quite good, and things don't normally compel a review one way or the other. But this is so disappointing that people should be warned since I'm guessing many people choose this hotel because of the brand promise. Even by a brand other than Marriott this hotel would be disappointing.

The first thing we noticed is the pool was murky and cloudy. I have a pool myself and I know that water, when properly maintained, does not look like that. Stay away from the pool.

Second, the breakfast was the worst I've ever had at a Residence Inn. The waffle maker was broken so half the batter dripped out when it was turned over. The selection was very poor, and many items (like milk and coffee) were regularly out of stock.

I also noitced small things like the up/.down lights in the hallway by the elevator were held on by duck tape. Generally speaking to poor maintenance.

The television was very old school, probably circa 1992. The channel selection was poor, and almost all channels came in with static and interference.

Then, the mornng we left the toilet would not flush. My wfie went to the looby to use that toilet and it too would not flush. When I informed the person at the front desk she said "OK, I'll let them know." No apology, nothing.

First, the staff are fairly sour and generally unfriendly/unhelpful. When I checked out I was asked if I got the bill that was left under my door. I said no I did not (although i typically do get the bill under the door). She seemed like she didn't believe and asked if I wanted "another copy." This suggests that maybe I was lying about not getting a copy of the bill, and she acted like it was some inconvenience to deal with me for a copy of my bill.

Also, the rooms were very small. I've stayed at more urban RIs before (e.g., Manhattan, etc.) and the rooms tend to be smaller. But this is by no means in the city center. For a hotel out in the burbs I would expect the rooms to be much larger than these, based on what I've seen at all the other RIs I've stayed with.

Poor maintenance, poor upgrades, and unfriendly staff. A bad combination all around. Lots of other hotel options closeby by, go with any one of them and I'm sure you'll be much happier. Marriott should seriously reconsider this property.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Palooka32
tsmoot, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Memphis Southaven, responded to this review, 20 July 2011
Dear Valued Guest,
First let me apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay at our hotel. I can assure you this is not the level of service we are accustomed to deliverying. However, in order for me to investigate these issues further, I would like to ask you to contact me directly at the hotel as these type of comments are anonymous to us and give no specific times, dates, etc. for us to trace for follow-up action.
Also, if you will contact me directly at 662-996-1500, and ask for me, Michael Higginbotham, we can discuss the matter personally and insure appropriate corrective action.
Again, my sincere apologies for these issues and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Michael Higginbotham Email: mhigginbotham@chartwellhospitality.com

Travellers are raving about these Southaven hotels

Wetumpka, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2011

We stayed here while traveling back from Las Vegas. Didn't get enough casinos in LV, so we stopped here to be close to Tunica. The drive isn't too bad since the new interstate highway is done. Took about 30 minutes. The property was nice, but we had 3 adults in the suite and only two bath towels in the room. The maid left her old scrub rag hanging on the door handle to the bedroom. Other than that, the breakfast was quite extensive for hotel food. They had a bit of trouble keeping up with the coffee, however.

Room Tip: Book online
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family