Courtyard by Marriott Memphis Southaven
US$98
Travelocity
US$141
Homewood
All reviewsvery clean and comfortable hotelbaptist hospitalstaff was helpful and friendlybeale stfront desk ladyworkout roomwalking distancethe rooms were nicenice place to staydowntown memphispropertiesgracelandmattressarkansasjenniferconveniencehighway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 November 2013

This is by far the best hotel experience I've ever had! The rooms and services were great as expected but what really blew me and my fiance away was the kind and friendliness of the staff - something that I've never experience before in my life. My fiance and I were headed to a friends wedding and when we came down from our room ready to leave we said to each other, "let's have the staff take a picture of us." As we entered the lobby and were about to ask the staff three of them were ohhhing and ahhing on how good we looked together :) Without even asking them to take a photo, they offered to take a picture of us with their phones & ipads. They asked about the wedding and where genuinely interested in this special occasion we were spending with our close friends. They quickly emailed us the photo and we were on our way with a smile starting the evening. When we returned to the room late at night we were greeted by an 8 x 10 framed picture of us that the staff took earlier in the evening!! We were overwhelmed at their kindness at this incredibly kind gesture, and whenever we are in MS we'll be staying here!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I spent one night in this hotel as I had a very early flight the next morning. The hotel is in good shape and the staff was very friendly. They also had free coffee in the morning, which some Courtyards have discontinued. My only negative is that the bed linen is very thin and the pillows worn. As is the case in many Courtyards it is difficult to watch TV from the bed.
The area surrounding the hotel is loaded with fast food and casual style restaurants, along with a few big box stores.
I highly recommend staying in Southaven when in need of an airport hotel in Memphis.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Stayed at Courtyard at Southaven for 4 weeks in June/July 2013 for business, had a very good stay. The hotel was going through a remodel. Rooms were good and neat. The lobby was the older style of courtyard but good. The staff at this hotel was excellent, great service and attention to detail of their guests. Nice stay close to airport.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I recently did a solo trip to Horn Lake/Southaven and got an amazing rate for a Courtyard. The room was much larger than I was expecting and very clean. The staff was really great, and when I checked in they gave me a free bottle of water.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel August 15 and 16 with Marriott points and they put us in a room with newly painted walls.The smell of paint was fresh. I can not be they would put people in a room with this smell.They could air it out before putting anyone in there to sleep.We were in a rush to get somewhere we did not say anything to them.My husband was having a bad headache and vomiting when we left on Saturday ,we think it was from paint fumes in our room.Also our room never got cleaned and I ask 2 maids in the hall for fresh towels so my husband could dry off ,he was in the shower at that time they just looked at each other like it was a big deal.At 6 in the evening Ithink my room should of been cleaned with fresh towels already.Is this what I get for using points at this hotel??The rest of hotel was clean and our room was clean when we got there.Beds were horrible at this property.Poor rating for putting us in a room with strong paint fumes!!

Room Tip: Make sure it is not freshly painted.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple