“Loved this inviting place!”

Hilton Garden Inn Memphis Southaven
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Southaven
Jackson, Mississippi
“Loved this inviting place!”
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

I loved this hotel! The decor was beautiful and modern. The lobby area and outdoor areas very beautiful and comfortable plush seating. I enjoyed my time sitting outside in the mornings. There was an onsite bar, and restaurant. The rooms were a tad bit small but very nice, new and comfortable. I LOVED the adjustable mattress because I love a hard firm mattress while my mom likes soft. The bed was comfortable. Everything was clean. The staff were VERY friendly. Free Wi-Fi and a nice business center. I didn't use the indoor pool or hot tub but it seemed okay. The fitness room was one of the biggest I've seen. The ONLY thing that I didn't like about this hotel was no free continental breakfast! I was not made aware that breakfast was 9.99 until AFTER I went down. All I was told when checking in was that breakfast was available until 10:00am. I guess one should expect to pay for breakfast at a Hilton. It looked good, but I had the free coffee and ate breakfast somewhere else. Overall LOVED this place.

• Stayed August 2013
Katherine C, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Memphis Southaven, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
So glad to hear that you loved our property and hope you will return soon. The Hilton Brand standard is to serve the Full American Breakfast in our On Property Restaurants. Most complimentary breakfast are from a self serve dining area. Hilton prefers to offer Ful service to all our guest. We want to cater to all your needs because you are our Special Guest. Thank you for choosing Hilton.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Southaven, United States
Reviewed 28 August 2013

My family & I were in Southaven for an unexpected funeral. The hotel is not only always clean but the front desk staff and housekeeping staff were wonderful and very responsive. I have stayed here many times and will continue to do so.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Katherine C, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Memphis Southaven, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad we could offer you a great experience during your time of grieving. I hope your next stay is under better conditions.
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn on the last night of a two-week trip that had included seven hotels. Interestingly, the two most expensive of those hotels were the two least pleasant. This Hilton Garden Inn was one of those two. It was hard to find; there were no good restaurants within easy walking distance -- I hiked a pretty good distance to a terrible Japanese restaurant; the room was not filthy but not clean -- seeing hair in the bathtub is unsettling even when you're simply stepping into the shower; the toilet handle had to be held down a long time for it to flush; and, of course, breakfast was not included in the price (not a surprise -- always true of HG Inns). I slept fairly well because it suited me to go on and sleep in the indented place in the mattress. If I moved to one side or the other of that place, I would go rolling back down to the sunken middle. If I had to stay in this hotel again, I'd be ok with it -- would not be horrified. Fortunately, however, that is not going to happen. I saw lots of other choices nearby.

Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
My Sincere apologies that our property did not meet your expectations. We value or customers input. It helps us improve our services and correct any problems. I am a bit confused about your not being able to find a nice restaurant close by. Immediately within eyesight are establishments such as Chili's, Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Log Horn, Outback, On the Boarder, and several others. In addition we have a wonderful full service restaurant right here in our hotel right at our front entrance. Our front desk staff is always willing to advise our guest where to dine if consulted. I hope you will give us another chance to meet your expectations.
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 26 August 2013

This Hotel in in a great location for shopping and eating, The staff is very nice and the beds will make you want to sleep all day.My kids love the pool and I enjoyed the hot tub, very relaxing. They also did some decorating in the lobby and it is amazing.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your nice comments. That's what we want all our guest to feel, "that this is home away from home" when traveling in this area.
North Richland Hills, United States
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Very clean hotel with a willing and courteous staff. I have stayed here on business numerous times over the past two years and have never been disappointed. I have never been dissatisfied with the food service nor the quality of the overall hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

2 Thank Joel D
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your input and value you as a customer. Be safe and prosperous in your travels.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Great hotel for an early morning flight out of Memphis Intl. Would highly recommend staying here. Staff is always very enthusiastic and helpful. Very Fresh breakfast with excellent service from a waitress that has been there for the 4-5 years I have been staying at the hotel. Great value for the money and great central location to area restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Katherine C, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Memphis Southaven, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Thank you for the comments and loyalty. Glad to hear that you have been staying with us for 5 years. It is a good indicator that you are consistantly a satisfied customer. Be safe in your travels until we meet again.
doddsville,ms, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Awful place. Adjustable mattress didnt work and was as hard as a rock.Tv had about three working chanells - most cut in and out. No shampoo in bathroom. Check in clerk walked away and left me standing while she [--] with another employee. Hall had torn wallpaper hanging down. Rotten place for a weekend out.

1 Thank Stephen K
Katherine C, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Memphis Southaven, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your input and sincerely apologize you were disappointed in our service and property appointment. We strive to provide exceptional hospitality and accommodations to each of our guests and we regret this was not your impression. We are in the process of replacing all of our bed matresses at this time. We feel like this will correct the matress problem you experienced. We are also working on the other issues you raised.
We are glad to have been able come to an agreeable solution personally and hope to have another opportunity to show you the complete quality stay you deserve, if your travels bring you back to our area in the future. If we may be of any additional assistance or if you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact our offices directly.