“Southaven,Ms”

Holiday Inn Southaven - Central
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Southaven
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Very nice facility. appears to be a new hotel
room was nicely appointed and very nice
Good service
room rate was high compared to similar HI properties
restaurant service was good
food was good
I did not attend the breakfasts

Room Tip: take front desk's advice
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jan M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southaven - Central, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for the great ratings and comments. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Southaven - Central

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Enjoyed my two stays(so far) at this hotel. The front desk and restaurant groups are friendly, professional, and courteous. Leon was especially helpful during both stays. I appreciate a hotel where they recognize me and remember my name when I return. I'll be back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Jan M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southaven - Central, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for the rave review! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

First, our reservations were messed up. My husband just had back surgery, and required handicapped bath facilities, for which we made reservations. A regular king room is what they initially tried to give us. The young man waiting on us was not even apologetic. They were able to find a handicapped room with two queens, instead. Then they told us to park in the rear. There was a ramp to a sidewalk that ended and did not go to the door. You would have had to roll a wheelchair over grass to reach the door. The room was very nice, but when I put the car in front to load our bags and my husband, the loading spot is on a hill. There was no one to assist, and my cart rolled away while I was assisting my husband. I would not recommend this hotel for handicapped individuals or seniors.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Jan M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southaven - Central, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for taking time to talk to me today. I am glad that we were able to get you and your husband into an ADA compliant room. As we discussed on the phone today, please give us a call when you are about 10 minutes from the hotel. We would be happy to have someone watch for your arrival and assist you with loading/unloading and park your car. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The group at the front desk, Laura, Brandon and the others were very helpful. They were very pleasant, helpful, professional and courteous. We needed a room for four nights, Friday - Monday) and had booked it for three because the hotel was full on Saturday. When we arrived the staff was very helpful and was able to accomodate us for Saturday due to a cancellation. Thank you for the great service!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Laura S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Southaven - Central, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thanks, our team prides ourselves in accommodating all of our guest. Thank you for all your kind comments about our staff. We will be sure to share them with our team. We are glad that we were able to extend your stay. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stayed here with my Mother for one night. She had a medical emergency while on a road trip in Oklahoma, so I flew to Fayetteville, Arkansas to take care of her at a local hospital. We were en route to Atlanta and stopped here for rest. Laura at the front desk recognized that my mother was weak and went out of her way to make her feel comfortable and relaxed. She made sure we were near the elevator, had two beds, an accessible room, bottled water, etc, etc. After a much needed good night's sleep, we checked out and Laura again helped us. I asked if there was a Kinko's nearby or a copier in the hotel, I wanted a copy my Mother's medical records before I took her to a hospital near her home in Atlanta. Laura offered to do it for us. Five minutes later, we were on the road with plenty of rest and reassurance that Mom's medical records wouldn't be lost in the shuffle of multiple doctors. It doesn't get any better. Also, a server in the restaurant named Misty asked me what brought me to town, I told her the story, and she was so nice and sweet. The kitchen had closed, but she found me some peanut butter crackers and said "it's the least I could do." The next morning I had a delicious breakfast and Misty let me make my Mom a plate to take to the room. I don't know why everyone is so warm and friendly, but I really wish there were more people like Laura and Misty in hotels across the country. Thank you both so much for everything!!!! You made a terrible situation a little better.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Laura S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Southaven - Central, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thanks so much, for your very kind words. Our staff takes pride in making our guests feel at home. We are truly sorry to hear about your mother, but glad that we made your stay here memorable. We are glad that you left rested and enjoyed our restaurant. . Looking forward to seeing you again in the Southaven / Memphis area.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Statyed her on a girls trip for one night. The lobby is nice with comfy chairs and a fireplace. The bar area was small but adequate for a quick drink. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. It was off the main street, so that made it quiet. Barely heard any planes flying over. Restaurants were fairly close by but not in walking distance. It looked like a nice pool but it was too cold to go out ther

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Jan M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southaven - Central, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay and "girls night out". You referenced that it was to cold to go outside to the pool area. We do not have an outdoor pool. Our pool is indoor and heated. Please remember to pack a swimsuit on your next visit. You and the girls can spend some time relaxing at the pool.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I have little to complain about with this hotel.

Next time, I'd bring my own pillow if I can, but that's it.

Several reviews complain about airplane noise. You'll hear it depending on the takeoff/landing pattern, but it's not a big deal - take earplugs if you are a light sleeper.

The hotel is in a nice area. While the hotel itself is a bit out of the way, it's very close to a number of chain stores and restaurants - but that also makes it a very busy traffic area until you get to the side road where the hotel is located.

The furnishings were okay, but not overly fancy. The biggest issue is that so many other hotels that are at the same quality and price that offer free breakfast and often drinks at night. They have a breakfast and dinner restaurant/bar, but we did not use it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jan M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southaven - Central, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Thank you for sharing your review and for the compliments on our facility. For future stays please note that we have a pillow menu in the room directory. We can provide you with King, Queen, soft, firm, neck pillows or lumbar pillows. Just let us know and we would be happy to accommodate you. Don't forget to attend the IHG member reception from 5:30-6:30 M-W evenings for complimentary beer, house wine and snacks. See you soon!