“Nice enough hotel, but overpriced unless maybe on business in the area”

Holiday Inn Southaven - Central
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Southaven
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Nice enough hotel, but overpriced unless maybe on business in the area”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel as a family. The rooms were fine and the staff friendly. The pool was fine but did not include a hot tub.

This hotel did cost about 20% more than the average Holiday Inn Express (not an Express) and did not include breakfast. Unless I was on business and needed to be immediately in this area, I might look elsewhere for a better value.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Laura S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Southaven - Central, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. As noted, we are a full service hotel, not a limited service hotel like the Holiday Inn Express. We offer additional conveniences such as room service, in house restaurant and lounge, banquet/ catering services for large functions. As with all full service hotels, pricing is a bit more than the limited services hotels. Again, thank you for your compliments and we hope that you and your family visit us again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

This HI is tucked back off the busy streets but close to everything, we even walked half mile to Starbux. Hotel is new and very clean, well maintained, very warm and friendly desk staff. Pool area clean and well maintained as well. Love the new HI concept with food available. Second stay here and will definitely return when in the area.

Stayed July 2014
Thanks for the great review. Glad our staff made your visit pleasant and you had the time to enjoy our pool and restaurant. We look forward to seeing you again.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Very nice facility. appears to be a new hotel
room was nicely appointed and very nice
Good service
room rate was high compared to similar HI properties
restaurant service was good
food was good
I did not attend the breakfasts

Room Tip: take front desk's advice
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jan M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southaven - Central, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for the great ratings and comments. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Enjoyed my two stays(so far) at this hotel. The front desk and restaurant groups are friendly, professional, and courteous. Leon was especially helpful during both stays. I appreciate a hotel where they recognize me and remember my name when I return. I'll be back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Jan M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southaven - Central, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for the rave review! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again real soon.
Saint Charles, Missouri
Reviewed 14 June 2014

First, our reservations were messed up. My husband just had back surgery, and required handicapped bath facilities, for which we made reservations. A regular king room is what they initially tried to give us. The young man waiting on us was not even apologetic. They were able to find a handicapped room with two queens, instead. Then they told us to park in the rear. There was a ramp to a sidewalk that ended and did not go to the door. You would have had to roll a wheelchair over grass to reach the door. The room was very nice, but when I put the car in front to load our bags and my husband, the loading spot is on a hill. There was no one to assist, and my cart rolled away while I was assisting my husband. I would not recommend this hotel for handicapped individuals or seniors.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Jan M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southaven - Central, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for taking time to talk to me today. I am glad that we were able to get you and your husband into an ADA compliant room. As we discussed on the phone today, please give us a call when you are about 10 minutes from the hotel. We would be happy to have someone watch for your arrival and assist you with loading/unloading and park your car. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Malibu, California
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The group at the front desk, Laura, Brandon and the others were very helpful. They were very pleasant, helpful, professional and courteous. We needed a room for four nights, Friday - Monday) and had booked it for three because the hotel was full on Saturday. When we arrived the staff was very helpful and was able to accomodate us for Saturday due to a cancellation. Thank you for the great service!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Laura S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Southaven - Central, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thanks, our team prides ourselves in accommodating all of our guest. Thank you for all your kind comments about our staff. We will be sure to share them with our team. We are glad that we were able to extend your stay. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Atlanta
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stayed here with my Mother for one night. She had a medical emergency while on a road trip in Oklahoma, so I flew to Fayetteville, Arkansas to take care of her at a local hospital. We were en route to Atlanta and stopped here for rest. Laura at the front desk recognized that my mother was weak and went out of her way to make her feel comfortable and relaxed. She made sure we were near the elevator, had two beds, an accessible room, bottled water, etc, etc. After a much needed good night's sleep, we checked out and Laura again helped us. I asked if there was a Kinko's nearby or a copier in the hotel, I wanted a copy my Mother's medical records before I took her to a hospital near her home in Atlanta. Laura offered to do it for us. Five minutes later, we were on the road with plenty of rest and reassurance that Mom's medical records wouldn't be lost in the shuffle of multiple doctors. It doesn't get any better. Also, a server in the restaurant named Misty asked me what brought me to town, I told her the story, and she was so nice and sweet. The kitchen had closed, but she found me some peanut butter crackers and said "it's the least I could do." The next morning I had a delicious breakfast and Misty let me make my Mom a plate to take to the room. I don't know why everyone is so warm and friendly, but I really wish there were more people like Laura and Misty in hotels across the country. Thank you both so much for everything!!!! You made a terrible situation a little better.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Laura S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Southaven - Central, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thanks so much, for your very kind words. Our staff takes pride in making our guests feel at home. We are truly sorry to hear about your mother, but glad that we made your stay here memorable. We are glad that you left rested and enjoyed our restaurant. . Looking forward to seeing you again in the Southaven / Memphis area.