Holiday Inn Southaven - Central
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Comfort Suites(Southaven)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskduring happy hournice hotelmemphis airportfull service hotelgreat stopmemphis areahotel roomnewer propertyflight pathgreat staffthe young ladyone night stayshopping and restaurantswould definitely stay here againnight's sleepclean rooms
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 March 2009

Yes lots of fedex planes fly overhead, but they are not a distraction in the room. Hotel is new and clean. Front desk appears overwhelmed at times, but friendly and eager to help.
Walls are quite thin so noisy neighbors are a real problem if you have kids trying to sleep.
Restaurant food is average but staff was great, especially Nancy.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2009

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times now and each time the stay has gotten worse. First off....the location away from the interstate and main roads is nice but they fail to tell you that you are right in line with Memphis International so the Fed Ex planes are coming in one after the other late at night which makes sleep difficult. Secondly..each time I've stayed I had to call down for a blanket,alarm clock,etc...each time was in the evening and it took a good while to get these items. The last time I had to go down to the desk after a period of long waiting for a blanket fo find what looked like to be a manager texting on her phone and said "oh sorry I was about to bring your blanket". I'm a platinum member and asked for an upgrade this last time and the female desk clerk said there are none available at this time but yet the parking lot was empty. Come to think of it the parking lot has been empty each time I've stayed. Guess that should have told me. Overal it's a nice hotel as far as the layout and design but between the planes all night long and the general careless attitude of the front desk I will not go back and would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Reviewed 18 February 2009

Don't count on sleeping during the week as a steady stream of Fed Ex jets land constantly from 10-12 pm and begin taking off in equal numbers at 4 am. Unlike locations by other airports where passenger service rarely comes in after 10 pm or departs before 6 am, this was like sleeping on the tarmac! There is no "satisfaction guarantee" or your money back at this location! If you book here, bring your Bose ear phones to block the "thunder."

Reviewed 8 February 2009

I have stayed at this hotel four (4) nights a week for the past five(5) months. The staff here is great. This is truly my home away from home. The food in the restaurant is great. The room is cozy and the bed feels like my bed at home. Anything you need is just a quick phone call away. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 21 January 2009

The rooms were okay and even though I am a Platinum Member and the motel appeared to be on the empty side no priority upgrades were available. Hmmmm? Maybe too difficult to check into.

I ate dinner and breakfast at the motel and for dinner the catfish was edible but barely. It was overcooked and heavily breaded and very salty. I received a flat soft drink to accompany the meal.

Breakfast was unbelievable. I am unsure what I was finally served after about a 20-25 minute wait. It was supposed to be some type of egg but I am unsure. I also had another flat soft drink to wash it down with.

The motel is nice and located good for my business transactions and I will continue to stay there. Beware the restaurant as there are many much better very close to the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)