“Definitely Worth Staying the Night”

Holiday Inn Southaven - Central
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Southaven
Little Rock, AR
“Definitely Worth Staying the Night”
Reviewed 5 June 2009

This Holiday Inn is like Paradise in the middle of a busy area. It is hidden, but that is a plus because it is not very far from a great shopping and restaurant area.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Check in went smoothly. The staff assured me if I needed anything they would be more than happy to get it for me.

The room was clean and smelled fresh and there was not a hint of smoke!!! That was a PLUS!!!! The bed was very comfortable and the crisp white sheets were nice. It is apparent the staff takes pride in the hotel.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Southaven, MS.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 April 2009

Located in an area of light industrial businesses and distribution centers, the Holiday Inn Memphis-Southaven may not be the best place for those seeking fast access to the Beale Street entertainment district. But for someone like me, who was just passing through and seeking a location close to the highway--with lots of restaurant options and free parking--this place more than fit the bill. And the sights of Memphis are only 15 minutes or so away.
This particular Holiday Inn is one of a new generation of hotels, with flat-screen, high-definition TVs, high-quality bath products, great beds and a modern look throughout. It is a great value when compared with 90's-era, tired-looking Hamptons and Courtyards.
I definitely heard the air traffic, but it wasn't loud enough to keep me awake. I can't comment about the poor reviews of the restaurant since I didn't try it, but there are a bunch of other places close by.
My final comment is that, though it's a brand-new hotel, it was built on the cheap, as many of these pre-fab buildings are. Things are already starting to come apart (e.g. the shower walls). But as long as the management keeps up with the maintenance, it should remain a good option for this part of the Memphis area.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
VA
Reviewed 16 April 2009

The hotel was nice, clean, well maintained and the few times that I had a problem, they were handled at once.

My only regret was that, on the third (3rd) night I was there, a rowdy group of teenagers moved into the room across from me and kept me up till 1:00 a.m.

When I complained, I was graciously moved, HOWEVER, when a guess is being disturbed, it should have been them who was moved, not me.

Or, as a Priority Club Member, I should have at least been upgraded.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Southaven, MS
Reviewed 2 April 2009

This is a great new, modern and clean full service hotel. A great pace to stay near the airport. I also really like the way Holiday Inn has updated many of their older hotels. I stay at Hampton Inn when I'm in smaller cities and don't mind driving out at night for dinner but when I'm in a big city it is nice to stay at a Holiday Inn because I can get a good meal at the hotel and the accomodation costs are reasonable.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 24 March 2009

This relatively new hotel in the Southaven area is as attractive as most in Memphis. Contemporary earth tones and metallics throughout this modern hotel make for a very pleasing stay. In addition to this eye candy, a bar with happy hour, comfy beds, nice desks and huge walk-in showers in some of the rooms make this hotel a travelers' delight. The staff was also very friendly.

Holiday Inn Southaven is located in the heart of Southaven's restaurant and shopping epicenter. Strategically placed just off Airways Blvd., the hotel is a quick and easy drive from Memphis International Airport. Concerning the airport overhead traffic mentioned in nearly every review, our stay was on a Saturday night; and no air traffic was heard. As a former resident of Southaven, I know that all hotels in the better part of Southaven are in the flight path of the airport; overhead air travel is very hard to avoid in this area.

The only negatives that I experienced were no wake-up call as requested and the desk clerk failed to mention that my room only had a walk-in shower.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
Athens,GA
Reviewed 23 March 2009

Yes lots of fedex planes fly overhead, but they are not a distraction in the room. Hotel is new and clean. Front desk appears overwhelmed at times, but friendly and eager to help.
Walls are quite thin so noisy neighbors are a real problem if you have kids trying to sleep.
Restaurant food is average but staff was great, especially Nancy.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
Jackson,MS
Reviewed 3 March 2009

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times now and each time the stay has gotten worse. First off....the location away from the interstate and main roads is nice but they fail to tell you that you are right in line with Memphis International so the Fed Ex planes are coming in one after the other late at night which makes sleep difficult. Secondly..each time I've stayed I had to call down for a blanket,alarm clock,etc...each time was in the evening and it took a good while to get these items. The last time I had to go down to the desk after a period of long waiting for a blanket fo find what looked like to be a manager texting on her phone and said "oh sorry I was about to bring your blanket". I'm a platinum member and asked for an upgrade this last time and the female desk clerk said there are none available at this time but yet the parking lot was empty. Come to think of it the parking lot has been empty each time I've stayed. Guess that should have told me. Overal it's a nice hotel as far as the layout and design but between the planes all night long and the general careless attitude of the front desk I will not go back and would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business