“Home cooking! Excellent food and great service! We'll be back!”
Review of Country Skillet

Country Skillet
Ranked #34 of 149 Restaurants in Southaven
Price range: US$12 - US$25
Description: We are voted the best breakfast in town.Country ham,saltmeat,red eye gravy. Homeade cheeseburgers,never frozen patties.Dried pinto's and northern beans cooked with our own country ham.And everything is freshly made not from cans or frozen already made up entrees.Mom and pop atmosphere with the oldies music.
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My family had an 11 person breakfast reunion here, many small restaurants cringe at servicing more than 6. We were welcomed and promptly seated. They weren't packed, and it felt like home. Our waitress was friendly, answered all our needs and even recommended the skillet to me when I just couldn't make up my mind. Boy it was awesome! I recommend they double the serving for hungry guys like me and they could make a killin! Great prices too! Next time I'm in town visiting my parents we are going back. Oh.. and the other comment from someone re: being a smoking establishment and stunk... Maybe I'm bias because I smoke but it didn't reek nor smell up the place.

2  Thank RyHoward

Reviewed 19 July 2013

Only go here if you want your food smothered in cigarette smell. It was so strong my wife and I had to leave after a few minutes. It is their choice on allowing it and my choice to never return.

3  Thank lumpsdad
Shirley L, Owner at Country Skillet, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2014

We are a non smoking facility now and apologize for your last visit and hope you will give us another chance.

Reviewed 3 July 2012

This place offers the best of both worlds....wonderful food and great prices. Its one of the best family restaurants in Southaven.

Reviewed 3 August 2011

I've eat here numerous times and as always, it's great. Country Ham, eggs and hashbrowns with onion and hot biscuits are my favorite for breatfast. Fried chicken livers and Chicken and dumplings are a must. If you like 60's music, Coca Cola memorabilia and black-n-white checkered tablecloths you will love there friendly Country atmosphere.
Entertain the kids with dry erase coloring books as you eat.