Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis Southaven
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Southaven
Topeka, Kansas
“gary b”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Should be a category 1 motel not a 2. The room was not well cleaned. The carpet was some what dirty, bathroom was ok. Parking was at either end of the building not in the front or rear, making it a long walk to your car and back. Breakfast was fair to good ( coffee was fresh, strong, and good quality ). The staff was friendly and professional. Very little sound proofing between rooms, we could hear the person next door snoring ! I just didn't feel that the motel was quite up to par for a category 2 Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 20 November 2013

My family traveled for the not-so-joyous occasion of a funeral. We had to make group reservations with only seven days advanced notice and we were accommodated. The breakfast was plentiful with hot and cold options, fruit, yogurt, juice, coffee, tea, etc. Ms. Donna, the breakfast ambassador, was wonderful!! I felt safe in the area where the hotel is located and there weren't any loud disturbances in the halls. The beds were comfortable and the shower was superb. The manager who chatted with us before our departure was very friendly and also seemed to "really" want to know what we thought about the hotel, its amenities, and whether we were satisfied with customer service.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Nice hotel just south of the city for the traveler stopping overnight in Memphis. Clean, quiet, and easy to park. Rooms are updated. Close to retail and restaurants (walking distance if you choose). Breakfast is included and caters to all diets.

Room Tip: We like Room 3015's floor plan for a family of four. Two adults in queen/king bed. One teen on...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Atlanta
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn Southaven for a baseball tournament and thought the hotel was very nice. The property was recently renovated, and the rooms were definitely a step above the normal Fairfield Inn design standard. The room was spacious and comfortable, although the mattress was a little softer that desired. They have a small pool that worked great after playing baseball all day.

They offered a decent breakfast which included cereals, fruits, waffles, bagels, and breakfast sandwiches.

The location of the hotel is very good, with many restaurants located nearby. It is also close to Memphis and the airport. We would definitely considering staying here again in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This was a great hotel. We stopped there on way to New Orleans, hotel was very full with motorcycle tourists but it was very quiet. We checked in about 8:30pm. Executive King room was nice, bed was a little soft which was fine for me - hubby would have preferred a little more support. Several restaurants and movie theaters close by. We took advantage of the movie theater since we never do at home. Breakfast the next morning was standard (waffles, cereal, toast, bagels etc....) but not crowded, well stocked and clean. Would recommend to others and I tend to be a little picky. :)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I travel to Memphis twice a month and have been searching for a hotel in reasonable proximity to the Memphis airport, where I feel secure and have access to restaurants. This hotel fills the bill in that regard. Most of the hotels that are closer to the airport surround themselves with 10 foot iron fences for good reason, so it was refreshing to stay at a hotel where I could get up and go for a run in the morning. The surrounding area has a number of chain restaurants and fast food choices. Shopping is abundant in the area. The hotel is clean and the check-in was efficient. The breakfast is the standard Fairfield offering.
The hotel has been recently renovated and the furnishings are in great shape. The exercise equipment, though, is dated and needs to be replaced. The guest bathrooms are, at first glance, clean, but on further inspection lack attention to detail (floor behind the toilet, corners of the bathroom).
Overall though this is the right place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sherpa2286
Yukon
Reviewed 20 July 2013

This is a wonderful little Inn. The staff is excellent, far above most of the five star hotels that I have stayed at, the Hyatt and Westin included. I am talking about in every area - check in, breakfast, housekeeping, and even maintenance. I don't think I walked past the front desk without them wishing me a pleasant day or offering to help me. Sylvia has the personality, employer’s dream of finding; she has an old school charm that just makes you feel comfortable and draws you in, so warm and welcoming. I wish I knew some of the other front staff's names because they were all exceptional there. The Fairfield was spotless, which was wonderful for me, because I am somewhat of a germ freak! Housekeeping really does a great job, I looked at everything and it all looked exceptional. On my second visit, I forgot my pillow and blanket (for the airplane) and Mary B. took it downstairs and had them call me, instead of just throwing it away (I love that pillow!) The Fairfield had a nice breakfast, with a fabulous woman, named Donna, who made us feel like we were special company; she cleaned our table and anticipated our every need! !!Wow!! The room, I would say was pretty close to the same size as the larger hotels, has a refrigerator and the bed was just as comfortable - so you aren't really giving up anything there. You heard a little noise from the airport, but if you stay by the airport you expect that! You do save big time on price! There are so many places to eat close by, as well as just about any kind of food you would want as well. If you need to do a little shopping - there are several little shopping areas close by too. This place is awesome and if you aren't staying here then YOU ARE MISSING OUT!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business