“I Tried, Really, I Tried”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis Southaven
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Southaven
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I am a frequent business traveller averaging about 120-130 nights a year. About six nights per month are in the Memphis area. I have tried this motel on several different occaissions as my second choice. Why? Housekeeping. From the housekeeping staff being rude to just not cleaning rooms prior to check in or during my stay. I just returned to my room after a long day and my room was not cleaned. I called the front desk and asked them if they knew why the room was not cleaned. I did not get a "No sir, I'm sorry - is there anything I can get for you." The response was simply "no".

Avoid this motel. They apparently have no interest in fixing a very obvious problem. I have spoken to the front desk on three seperate occaissions over the past 24 months. I have stayed at Soviet era hotels in Russia and had better service.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
tdsmoot, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis Southaven, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis Southaven.

You indicated in your response that your room wasn't serviced as well as my staff being rude. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Torrance Williams
Fairfield Inn & Suites
twilliams@chartwellhospitality.com
662-349-6640

Reviewed 25 January 2014

We stayed here one weekend night. The room was comfortable. Chose this hotel also for the free airport shuttle back into Memphis airport. Used the Laundry machine at the end of the corridor. Enjoyed fresh cut pineapple salad, warm prepared food and salsa sauce at breakfast (uncommon stuff). Dining area included an option to eat at a long dining table (serving 5 on each side) while watching the news - cool. Chain restaurants and Walmart are within a 5-10 minute easy walk. Nothing bad to say.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marathon308
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Should be a category 1 motel not a 2. The room was not well cleaned. The carpet was some what dirty, bathroom was ok. Parking was at either end of the building not in the front or rear, making it a long walk to your car and back. Breakfast was fair to good ( coffee was fresh, strong, and good quality ). The staff was friendly and professional. Very little sound proofing between rooms, we could hear the person next door snoring ! I just didn't feel that the motel was quite up to par for a category 2 Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2013

My family traveled for the not-so-joyous occasion of a funeral. We had to make group reservations with only seven days advanced notice and we were accommodated. The breakfast was plentiful with hot and cold options, fruit, yogurt, juice, coffee, tea, etc. Ms. Donna, the breakfast ambassador, was wonderful!! I felt safe in the area where the hotel is located and there weren't any loud disturbances in the halls. The beds were comfortable and the shower was superb. The manager who chatted with us before our departure was very friendly and also seemed to "really" want to know what we thought about the hotel, its amenities, and whether we were satisfied with customer service.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Nice hotel just south of the city for the traveler stopping overnight in Memphis. Clean, quiet, and easy to park. Rooms are updated. Close to retail and restaurants (walking distance if you choose). Breakfast is included and caters to all diets.

Room Tip: We like Room 3015's floor plan for a family of four. Two adults in queen/king bed. One teen on...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn Southaven for a baseball tournament and thought the hotel was very nice. The property was recently renovated, and the rooms were definitely a step above the normal Fairfield Inn design standard. The room was spacious and comfortable, although the mattress was a little softer that desired. They have a small pool that worked great after playing baseball all day.

They offered a decent breakfast which included cereals, fruits, waffles, bagels, and breakfast sandwiches.

The location of the hotel is very good, with many restaurants located nearby. It is also close to Memphis and the airport. We would definitely considering staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This was a great hotel. We stopped there on way to New Orleans, hotel was very full with motorcycle tourists but it was very quiet. We checked in about 8:30pm. Executive King room was nice, bed was a little soft which was fine for me - hubby would have preferred a little more support. Several restaurants and movie theaters close by. We took advantage of the movie theater since we never do at home. Breakfast the next morning was standard (waffles, cereal, toast, bagels etc....) but not crowded, well stocked and clean. Would recommend to others and I tend to be a little picky. :)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple