“15 to 20 minutes from airport - avoid rush hour”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis Southaven
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Southaven
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is located in a nice are by a hospital and some chain restaurants.

But if you want to be picked up from the airport avoid rush hour. It can take 1/2 for the shuttle to get to the airport.

The staff is friendly, they always have tea or coffee available. Free breakfast is very nice.

The rooms are comfortable and just average comparing to other hotels

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed 28 May 2014

When I checked in, the night clerk asked me to wait while she called up to the room to make sure it was empty. I thought this was odd, but maybe they were having computer problems. I get up to the room and unpack, nothing unusual. As I pulled back the bedcovers I noticed a telltale stain that told me someone had used the room for some exteracurricular activities after it had been made up.
Completely grossed out, I called down to the desk to complain. The night clerk moved me to another room and apologized saying " this hardly ever happens" (I would have felt better had she said "this has never happened before"). I told the manager about it the next morning. I have no idea what they did about it. He comped the room for the night.

Room Tip: You are right in the glide path for the Fed Ex parade. The first floor rooms are a little quieter, e...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jjoy1825
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stayed for 3 days before flying to florida,i;m working in Fairfield inn in Moncton(CANADA) and we stop in Memphis to visit graceland...I was impressed with Donna,the breaskfast attendant,she was super,extra nice..for the rest of the staff they could be more helpfull.,Big thank you to Donna for all you did for us,not only breaskfast but to gave us information we needed.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank muro2014
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We stayed one night on our way to another destination. The room was very clean but had a strong odor of some sort of air freshener. I wondered if they tried to cover up cigarette smoke smell. We were on the third floor and could hear some of the airplanes early in the morning but the other person in the room slept right through it. The water was no where near hot, turned up all the way was still just warm. Breakfast was the usual pastries, yogurt, cereal etc. I would stay there again, but would hope the air freshener smell wasn't there. Our jackets smelled like it the whole next day.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This is my second stay here as it is a short drive into my destination in Mississippi. The amenities reflect the hotels economy. I will continue to stay because the breakfast and coffee is included...unlike Courtyard these days. workout room is small but adequate. The bast part of this place is access to highway 55 and a TON of places to eat and shop.

Room Tip: try for a room on the east end away from highway.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
tdsmoot, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis Southaven, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis/Southaven. We are delighted that your stay with the Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis Southaven was enjoyable.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

POS: Hotel was very clean, nicely and newly remodeled. The staff were very friendly, always with a smile on their face. When we spoke with them on the phone they were above and beyond helpful and friendly. Our room was impeccable - clean and nicely decorated. The beds were comfortable. We slept well in them. The breakfast was fair, edible. The waffles were the biggest hit.

NEG: This hotel is just over the boarder from the Memphis airport where, at 3:30 am the FedEx Planes begin their every 5-15 second take off and most fly directly over the hotel. If you are on the 3rd floor, as we were, you will hear the rumbling quite clearly, every 5-30 seconds for an hour or so. We, thankfully brought our 'white-noise' with us and it did not affect us much. Many need to know that this is a possibility when you check in. I wish the staff would have informed us in full disclosure.

No children's channels on the tv.

Also, we were with a group. Two parties of our group arrived late [10 pm] and when they arrived they did not have one of our parties reservations. They were booked at the Fairfield Inn in Memphis. OUr rooms were booked as a block. The reservations made at the same time, but this family did not have a room. They had to go and stay at the hotel next door because there was no room. Not good.

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor. Our group members who stayed on the first floor did not hear the airplanes...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis Southaven.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with the noise of the planes. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

I was glad to hear that our staff was friendly and helpful. We look forward to and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

twilliams@chartwellhospitality.com
662-349-6640

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I am a frequent business traveller averaging about 120-130 nights a year. About six nights per month are in the Memphis area. I have tried this motel on several different occaissions as my second choice. Why? Housekeeping. From the housekeeping staff being rude to just not cleaning rooms prior to check in or during my stay. I just returned to my room after a long day and my room was not cleaned. I called the front desk and asked them if they knew why the room was not cleaned. I did not get a "No sir, I'm sorry - is there anything I can get for you." The response was simply "no".

Avoid this motel. They apparently have no interest in fixing a very obvious problem. I have spoken to the front desk on three seperate occaissions over the past 24 months. I have stayed at Soviet era hotels in Russia and had better service.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

You indicated in your response that your room wasn't serviced as well as my staff being rude. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

twilliams@chartwellhospitality.com