“Misleading Ads and Pics.”

Days Inn Southaven MS
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Southaven
“Misleading Ads and Pics.”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I'm from the Memphis area and needed a place to stay for four days while I had some work done on the house. My wife booked us in this hotel she was thinking it was on the other side of Southaven close to Hwy 301. But it's right off state line rd not a great place to stay. If we wouldn't have lost the cost of one days stay we would have canceled our reservation so we decided to stay one night here is what we found, as soon as you open the door to our room we were knocked down with the smell of deoderazier that was sprayed in the room. The room was very old and worn needs to be remodeled bad. The AC did not work good. It never really cooled the small room. The beds were comfy but the covers were old and worn. The bathroom is so out of date we thought we stepped back to the 60's. The shower/tub was old and had worn out places in it. The toilet was just as bad. The TV was a old 24 inch tubed set. The pool was a nice size but the water was yellow so we never went in even thou their we're lots of kids in it. ( might be why it's yellow ) Ha Ha. The best thing I can say about this hotel is the staff were great and we felt sorry that they had to work in a place like this. For the reviews I saw that said this hotel was great or good the people must work here or they are use to staying in dumps. Sorry but it's the truth.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bennett, Iowa, United States
Reviewed 26 June 2012

from a mid-range hotel chain. The rooms were clean, although I think the room we were in was due for a deep clean, but it wasn't "I'm afraid to look to close" dirty. Obvious effort had been made to clean the worse spots on the carpet and the linens were spot free. The remote had no back to it and one of the outlets had no power to one of the sockets. This was one between the bed with the alarm and the light, so you had to chose one or the other. Breakfast was a continental, but it was ok. The garbage receptacles were overflowing and the gentleman behind the counter didn't seem to care. My boys and I did enjoy the pool. We'd been in the car for about 10 hours and were ready for a stress reliever. Pool was small, but clean. The pool towels were cheap, and the bath towels just a half step above that, good for exfoliating to say the least. A/C was noisy. The staff were very nice and sociable, but I think more effort could be put into the upkeep of the place. I would stay there again in a pinch, but probably not otherwise.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Milwaukee,WI
Reviewed 29 May 2012

The hotel wasn't in the best area, but it was conveniently located near the freeway! The receptionist Helen was very dumbfounded and NICE! My family and I were put in the WORSE hotel room they probably had. Dirty bathroom, tub broken, toilet clogged every day, no iron, iron board was filthy, tv volume worked half of the time, part of the bed was broken, everything that was stainless steel was rusty, the outlet next to the sink was coming out and the list goes on! Breakfast wasn't fresh, waffle maker was broken! I will NEVER refer anyone to that rinky-dink hotel every again. PICTURES VERY DECIVING! BIG TIME REMODELING!

Room Tip: Check rooms before you pay!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2012 via mobile

Booked this a week in advance...got there after driving 8 hours and it was no in a good area. I did not feel safe there with my kids so I asked to transfer to another days inn further down the road...they said no and charged me for the room anyways!!! Not the way to do business! I even called days inn corporate and they refused to help also! Scam...do not stay here!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Momof2Gurlz
Reviewed 21 April 2012

This hotel was great. The staff was super friendly and helpful. It's located right off the interstate in an extremely safe neighborhood and only minutes from Memphis. The breakfast was marvelous! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed April 2012
Arkansas
Reviewed 3 September 2011

First time I've ever stayed at this particular Days Inn. I'm often in Southaven for a dog show, but stay elsewhere. No longer. When I checked in, the lady at the front desk was so extremely nice and kind. Only drawback was I was on the 2nd floor and had to do the stairs. There was a very nice maintenance man who offered to help me schlep my stuff up the stairs, but I declined. Next time I show in Southaven, I'll stay there! And I told quite a few of my dog show friends they should really be staying there.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
kansas city
Reviewed 21 July 2011

This place is not close to any nice stores or restraunts. It does not look as nice as the picture and its not clean like the picture. Old fixtures and smelly, stained carpet. The toilet kept backing up and we had to request and keep a plunger in the room. Dont be fooled, you only want to stay there if you are passing through and dont pay more than 50 dollars for this motel.

• Stayed July 2011