“Very nice hotel”

Days Inn Southaven MS
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Southaven
Reviewed 22 November 2012 via mobile

Very nice and clean hotel.my room was spotless clean and there breakfast was good to but I don't have chance to go beacause I was getting late on my way to Iowa.will stay hear again.thank you for your hospitality.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank joe s

Reviewed 19 November 2012

we stayed there back in August for our convention and the hotel was great. we really enjoyed our stay. rooms were spacy and clean. houskeeping was very friendley and even front desk was very helpfull in giving directions etc. breakfast was nice and i really loved the courtyard in the middle of the hotel. You normally dont see a limited service hotel with such a great view. nice hotel. we had a great stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank nancy o
Reviewed 9 November 2012

I'm from Birmingham and I was here for work and this has been the worst experience I have ever had at a Days Inn. This is probably the one stay that will make me think twice before i book a Days inn again! the caulk around the shower is moldy and dirty, and the lid of the toilet was not a match to the bowl (wrong size) , i killed 3 spiders and an unidentified bug in this room.... I told the front desk and they came in with a can of raid...really O Wow. And as for housekeeping, two of the five days I was here I returned to my room to find a "do not disturb" sign on the door to find that absolutely NO housekeeping had been done and i don't ever use those! Those signs usually find themselves in a drawer, they hadn't even replaced the towels....really that was just pure laziness by the housekeeping staff Not impressed and i wont be staying here ever again

Room Tip: stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2012

After Hotels.com sent me to a hotel across the street from this one with the assurance that it was pet friendly, it was a relief that Days Inn actually was pet friendly.
The clerk was extremely helpful and I was even given help with my bags. Loved the room and the service! There was even a beautiful reflection pond.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I'm from the Memphis area and needed a place to stay for four days while I had some work done on the house. My wife booked us in this hotel she was thinking it was on the other side of Southaven close to Hwy 301. But it's right off state line rd not a great place to stay. If we wouldn't have lost the cost of one days stay we would have canceled our reservation so we decided to stay one night here is what we found, as soon as you open the door to our room we were knocked down with the smell of deoderazier that was sprayed in the room. The room was very old and worn needs to be remodeled bad. The AC did not work good. It never really cooled the small room. The beds were comfy but the covers were old and worn. The bathroom is so out of date we thought we stepped back to the 60's. The shower/tub was old and had worn out places in it. The toilet was just as bad. The TV was a old 24 inch tubed set. The pool was a nice size but the water was yellow so we never went in even thou their we're lots of kids in it. ( might be why it's yellow ) Ha Ha. The best thing I can say about this hotel is the staff were great and we felt sorry that they had to work in a place like this. For the reviews I saw that said this hotel was great or good the people must work here or they are use to staying in dumps. Sorry but it's the truth.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 26 June 2012

from a mid-range hotel chain. The rooms were clean, although I think the room we were in was due for a deep clean, but it wasn't "I'm afraid to look to close" dirty. Obvious effort had been made to clean the worse spots on the carpet and the linens were spot free. The remote had no back to it and one of the outlets had no power to one of the sockets. This was one between the bed with the alarm and the light, so you had to chose one or the other. Breakfast was a continental, but it was ok. The garbage receptacles were overflowing and the gentleman behind the counter didn't seem to care. My boys and I did enjoy the pool. We'd been in the car for about 10 hours and were ready for a stress reliever. Pool was small, but clean. The pool towels were cheap, and the bath towels just a half step above that, good for exfoliating to say the least. A/C was noisy. The staff were very nice and sociable, but I think more effort could be put into the upkeep of the place. I would stay there again in a pinch, but probably not otherwise.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2012

The hotel wasn't in the best area, but it was conveniently located near the freeway! The receptionist Helen was very dumbfounded and NICE! My family and I were put in the WORSE hotel room they probably had. Dirty bathroom, tub broken, toilet clogged every day, no iron, iron board was filthy, tv volume worked half of the time, part of the bed was broken, everything that was stainless steel was rusty, the outlet next to the sink was coming out and the list goes on! Breakfast wasn't fresh, waffle maker was broken! I will NEVER refer anyone to that rinky-dink hotel every again. PICTURES VERY DECIVING! BIG TIME REMODELING!

Room Tip: Check rooms before you pay!!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family