“Don't go in school holidays”
Review of Scienceworks

Scienceworks
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Spotswood
More attraction details
Owner description: Scienceworks makes science an adventure! Through our changing exhibitions, programs and shows, Scienceworks is the perfect day out for curious minds and active bodies! Inside: Imagine tomorrow today in the interactive and innovative Think Ahead exhibition; Take the sporting challenge and learn about the science behind moving your body; Designed especially for 3 - 8 year olds create your own city in Nitty Gritty Super City exhibition; Journey to the stars and beyond at the Melbourne Planetarium; Learn about electricity and lightning through spectacular demonstrations in the Lightning Room; Go on a guided tour of the historic Spotswood Pumping Station; Discover the evolution of Spotswood in the Spotswood Industrial Heritage Walk (mobile tour), and that's just start!
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

This was our first visit to Scienceworks, visiting from interstate. I took my 4 children, ages 5-12.
While it would appear there are lots of activities to do, the place was overrun by out of control, pushy children. So aside from waiting for some time to have a go on the different activities, it was very difficult to experience most of the exhibits.
The outside amphitheatre had rubbish lying everywhere - apparently it's too difficult for people to put their rubbish in the bin (my children spent 5 mins cleaning up other people's rubbish).

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"great family day"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I went to this museum for my trip to Melbourne. I took a train to Spotswood from Southern Cross and walked about 15 minutes. I arrived after 2pm which means I missed the lightning show and thd planetarium. However the exhibitions inside are wonderful. Its relatively high tech but allows a lot of hands-on interaction. I would come here again to see the lightning show and planetarium.

1  Thank Budleee B
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Absolute must for children. Lots of interesting activities that will keep children occupied. Interactive and fun, never gets bored for them. Definitely worth the travelling out of the city centre.

2  Thank highfever88
Reviewed 27 June 2014

A wonderful interactive informative affordable day out - supposedly designed for children but our teen and us adults also learnt a lot, and enjoyed having a go at the many challenges. A small downside was that at times we were overrun by school parties who were not always under control. But great to see the young and older enjoying this wonderful asset.

2  Thank Ian G
See more reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Husband and I took our 2year old there just to check it out.It turned out to be an awesome day for our little daughter where she had fun in the kids area section in scienceworks for kids 2years plus.They had so many awesome playful equipment which keeps them very busy and also use their brain a bit.The place was buzzing with happy kids so our little one was enjoying herself with other kids.

3  Thank Gilbert85