“Nice Location, but Average.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Starkville
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Starkville
Dallas, Texas
“Nice Location, but Average.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2012

This hotel is your stereotypical Holiday Inn Express. Nothing amazing about the location.

Pros:

Rooms are Spacious
Comfortable Bed
Nice TV
Great Location near MSU
Staff will bend over backwards for you! So Nice and Engaging.

Cons:
The Workout Room is very OLD! Needs Updating.
Breakfast was decent..
Carpet on floor was crazy dirty!

I will be staying here again!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Midlothian, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2012

The hotel is lovely, new looking. Friendly staff. Lovely lobby area and breakfast area. My only complaint is the internet connection is horrible and slow. Other than that, would highly recommend. Just don't plan on using your computer much!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Gray, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012 via mobile

Stated in room 328 the lumpiness bed I ever slept in. Man throw that thing inthe dumpster. The staff was nice and helpful. Good location near everything. Room was nice and clean. But that bed was terrible.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank MichaelFussell
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Starkville, responded to this review, 9 October 2012
Dear MichaelFussell,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced over the bed and the air conditioning unit. Whilst, we appreciate you bringing these unsatisfactory circumstances to our attention. This is definitely not up to our standards and we are constantly working on improving the quality of service provided. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Pembroke Pines, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

Great price, fantastic staff, well maintained and clean room make this a top pick. Their pancakes chime was down during my stay.....bummer.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

My fiance and I were on vacation visiting some old friends of ours at MSU, we stayed for 3 days and asked time after time to get our room serviced and was told by the manager he would have them cleaned when we get back from dinner we arrive to a dirty room we called down and said we would get a 50% refund the following day and that they apologized for the inconvenience . Next day comes and the day manager says we would not be getting a 50% refund rather 10% . Pretty embarrassed when friends arrived n the floors had not been vaccumed or sheets changed . No microwave, refrigerator just a basic room with 10 channels. I highly advise you NOT to go here . We are currently looking for another hotel in starkville .

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Chass4101
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Starkville, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Dear Chass4101,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I deeply apologize that your room accommodation and the service that you received during your stay fell below your expectations. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

I stayed here for a week for a class for my job. It is 5 minutes from Missisissipi State U. My room was nice on the third floor. Decor was muted neutral with lots of outlets and good lighting. King bed was comfortable and firm with a light blanket and plenty of pillows. They have digital thermostats to control the air. The bath lighting was a little dark away from the mirror but plenty of room to spread out toiletries on the granite countertop. They give you plenty of bath gel, lotion, conditioner, etc. but no shower cap, so bring it if you need it. There is a "rain" style shower with good pressure (pull all the way up!). There is no free happy hour at the hotel anymore, but they have a hot breakfast bar with eggs, bacon, biscuits, gravy, and healthy stuff too. I always took mine to my room so I could watch TV. There is a coffeemaker in the room, hairdryer, iron and board. The wireless internet worked well. Pool gets lots of sun in afternoon. I didn't use the health club, just went walking around the area. There are lots of chain restaurants in the area, 3 in the parking lot. The only thing I did not like was no refrigerator or microwave. I did have a cooler, but running to get ice all the time does get old.
The maids were nice and did a good job. I asked for a later checkout at the front desk and they gave me some extra time so I could come back and change clothes for the trip back.

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor are closer to breakfast, pool, health club, etc. I liked being on the...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Mexilady
Opelika, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

We have stayed previously at this hotel. It is in close proximity to the University. Staff is friendly; breakfast is typical HI Express breakfast, but good and plenty of it. Rooms are nice and big. Rooms temperature controlled by wall thermostat. Comfortable bed. Internet access, slightly slow. Within walking distance of Wendy's, Ruby Tuesday's; Arby's.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room that is away from the elevator and the ice machine! I like quiet!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business