“OK for Expense accounts that don't need Internet”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Starkville
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Starkville
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Miserably slow "high-speed" internet connections. When I complained about it, the staff at the front desk at first acted like I just didn't know how to use my laptop. Once I demonstrated that I knew what I was doing, they got on the phone to their manager and adjusted my room rate downward. So, I didn't feel like I was getting ripped off anymore, but I also couldn't do any business from my laptop for the weekend.
Also, they charge a $50 NON-REFUNDABLE pet fee. I was in town for a dog show & my small, non-shedding dog is cleaner than the average human guest. I will not be staying here for next year's dog shows. Big mistake, HIE. Huge. I've got to go shopping now.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank PattyHNashville_TN
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Starkville, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2013

Dear PattyHNashville_TN,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am pleased your concerns about the internet connection was addressed during your stay. My apologies for falling short of your expectations with the services you received. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Karen C

Reviewed 21 December 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel for a weekend while attending graduation ceremonies. It is your usual Holiday Inn Express. The room was an adequate size. The continental breakfast was well presented though there were no cinnamon rolls on Sunday. The front desk staff was efficient when we came to check in. The hotel is located behind a Ruby Tuesday restaurant so you must look for the sign to locate the hotel. The university is a short drive from the hotel as long as there isn't a lot of traffic for an event. Rates may be more for special occasions.

Room Tip: One side faces the rear of a restaurant across a parking lot. The other side faces the pool.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 December 2012

This hotel is your stereotypical Holiday Inn Express. Nothing amazing about the location.

Pros:

Rooms are Spacious
Comfortable Bed
Nice TV
Great Location near MSU
Staff will bend over backwards for you! So Nice and Engaging.

Cons:
The Workout Room is very OLD! Needs Updating.
Breakfast was decent..
Carpet on floor was crazy dirty!

I will be staying here again!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 November 2012

The hotel is lovely, new looking. Friendly staff. Lovely lobby area and breakfast area. My only complaint is the internet connection is horrible and slow. Other than that, would highly recommend. Just don't plan on using your computer much!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2012 via mobile

Stated in room 328 the lumpiness bed I ever slept in. Man throw that thing inthe dumpster. The staff was nice and helpful. Good location near everything. Room was nice and clean. But that bed was terrible.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank MichaelFussell
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Starkville, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2012

Dear MichaelFussell,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced over the bed and the air conditioning unit. Whilst, we appreciate you bringing these unsatisfactory circumstances to our attention. This is definitely not up to our standards and we are constantly working on improving the quality of service provided. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Karen G.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

Great price, fantastic staff, well maintained and clean room make this a top pick. Their pancakes chime was down during my stay.....bummer.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2012

My fiance and I were on vacation visiting some old friends of ours at MSU, we stayed for 3 days and asked time after time to get our room serviced and was told by the manager he would have them cleaned when we get back from dinner we arrive to a dirty room we called down and said we would get a 50% refund the following day and that they apologized for the inconvenience . Next day comes and the day manager says we would not be getting a 50% refund rather 10% . Pretty embarrassed when friends arrived n the floors had not been vaccumed or sheets changed . No microwave, refrigerator just a basic room with 10 channels. I highly advise you NOT to go here . We are currently looking for another hotel in starkville .

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Chass4101
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Starkville, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

Dear Chass4101,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I deeply apologize that your room accommodation and the service that you received during your stay fell below your expectations. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen C