“Gelaine in Starkville, Home of Mississipp State University”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Starkville
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Starkville
Jackson, Mississippi
“Gelaine in Starkville, Home of Mississipp State University”
Reviewed 5 March 2013

I was in Starkville visiting a friend whom I hadn't seen in over 28 years. I was very impressed with staff here. Ms Sherrie Hooper, front desk clerk was very professional, friendly and helpful. She and other staff members including, Antwan were very attentive. There was one housekeeper, whose name eludes me, who made sure I had plenty of towels and offered her services for any additional needs I might have had. The room size was adequate and bed slept very well. I really enjoyed the continental breakfast each morning.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
NASHVILLE
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Miserably slow "high-speed" internet connections. When I complained about it, the staff at the front desk at first acted like I just didn't know how to use my laptop. Once I demonstrated that I knew what I was doing, they got on the phone to their manager and adjusted my room rate downward. So, I didn't feel like I was getting ripped off anymore, but I also couldn't do any business from my laptop for the weekend.
Also, they charge a $50 NON-REFUNDABLE pet fee. I was in town for a dog show & my small, non-shedding dog is cleaner than the average human guest. I will not be staying here for next year's dog shows. Big mistake, HIE. Huge. I've got to go shopping now.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank PattyHNashville_TN
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Starkville, responded to this review, 2 February 2013
Dear PattyHNashville_TN,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am pleased your concerns about the internet connection was addressed during your stay. My apologies for falling short of your expectations with the services you received. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
georgia
Reviewed 21 December 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel for a weekend while attending graduation ceremonies. It is your usual Holiday Inn Express. The room was an adequate size. The continental breakfast was well presented though there were no cinnamon rolls on Sunday. The front desk staff was efficient when we came to check in. The hotel is located behind a Ruby Tuesday restaurant so you must look for the sign to locate the hotel. The university is a short drive from the hotel as long as there isn't a lot of traffic for an event. Rates may be more for special occasions.

Room Tip: One side faces the rear of a restaurant across a parking lot. The other side faces the pool.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 16 December 2012

This hotel is your stereotypical Holiday Inn Express. Nothing amazing about the location.

Pros:

Rooms are Spacious
Comfortable Bed
Nice TV
Great Location near MSU
Staff will bend over backwards for you! So Nice and Engaging.

Cons:
The Workout Room is very OLD! Needs Updating.
Breakfast was decent..
Carpet on floor was crazy dirty!

I will be staying here again!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Midlothian, VA
Reviewed 22 November 2012

The hotel is lovely, new looking. Friendly staff. Lovely lobby area and breakfast area. My only complaint is the internet connection is horrible and slow. Other than that, would highly recommend. Just don't plan on using your computer much!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Gray, Louisiana
Reviewed 15 September 2012 via mobile

Stated in room 328 the lumpiness bed I ever slept in. Man throw that thing inthe dumpster. The staff was nice and helpful. Good location near everything. Room was nice and clean. But that bed was terrible.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank MichaelFussell
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Starkville, responded to this review, 9 October 2012
Dear MichaelFussell,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced over the bed and the air conditioning unit. Whilst, we appreciate you bringing these unsatisfactory circumstances to our attention. This is definitely not up to our standards and we are constantly working on improving the quality of service provided. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Great price, fantastic staff, well maintained and clean room make this a top pick. Their pancakes chime was down during my stay.....bummer.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business