“Exceeded My Expectations”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Starkville
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Exceeded My Expectations”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

This was my first stay at a Microtel, and I was pleasantly surprised. This hotel is on the east side of Starkville, so it is separated from most of the retail and restaurants. However, it is very close to MS State and the freeway. The hotel is new, clean, and includes nice-sized lobby and breakfast areas. The staff is exceptional (particularly the manager and breakfast staff). They are very courteous and efficiently attended to our every need. We will try to stay here again when our LSU Tigers return to Starkville.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Angelle B, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Starkville, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Wow! Thank you so much, LSUGoose! I have to say that our LSU fans were a pleasure to host, and we appreciate you taking time to give feedback on your stay. Please do visit us again, and let me know if you all will be in the area before the next MSU/LSU matchup as I would be happy to make some suggestions for some nice activities in the area.
Thank y'all for staying with us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Michie
Reviewed 16 September 2013

When my wife & I got to the hotel, the clerk told me that I had booked 2 rooms, which I had not. My confirmation showed clearly that I had only booked 1 room, but she continued to rudely argue with me about it. The next morning at 6 AM, the maid was cleaning the room directly above us. She stomped aroung like there wasn't another person anywhere in the hotel. I thought that both of these instances was extremely unprofessional. VERY POOR STAFF & I WILL NOT BE BACK to this Microtel!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Angelle B, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Starkville, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Ryan B,
I want to thank you for staying with us and also for taking the time to share some of your concerns. Guest satisfaction is very important to us at the Microtel, and I am sorry that your stay with us was not pleasing to you. As for the online reservations you made, I am uncertain as to why two separate reservations came through for you if it was your intention to only book one. I do invite you to call us next time as we will be more than happy to make your reservation by phone as to ensure you have no other internet booking issues.
Also, I apologize for the noise made by the guest above you; I always try to address any known excessive noise situations, and I instruct my staff to do the same. To ensure our guests' comfort as much as possible, we never schedule housekeepers before 9:30am on the weekends.
It is my hope that you will look past these two unfortunate coincidences and decide to stay with us again as I would love for you to enjoy a comfortable and satisfying stay at the Microtel and to experience the warmth and hospitality of our staff, as noted by many of our reviewers.
Thank you.
Memphis
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I enjoy my stay at this location. The staff was great with assisting the handicap elderly. It was greatly appreciated.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Orange Park, Florida
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Clean, comfortable and great continental breakfast. In fact I just booked a 6 night stay at Wyndam I was so impressed with my last stay. Don't waste your hard earned cash when you can get the best for less.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Starkville, Mississippi
Reviewed 26 August 2013

My family stayed at the Microtel in Starkville while visiting old college friends and colleagues for the weekend. The front desk was managed well, housekeeping was readily available to help us with supplies, and the hotel was well-kept.

Our room had exactly what we needed - fairly comfy beds, a micro-fridge, and clean air pumping through the A/C unit. We also took advantage of the swimming pool and had a blast. The breakfast was just what we needed.

Overall, you can't go wrong with this place. It's on the eastern side of town, a few miles from restaurants and events, but you have to remember that Starkville isn't really that big.

This place is just right for us!

Room Tip: I would recommend getting a room facing the back of the building (and the pool) just to avoid the en...