“If you want the best, Go to the best !”
Review of Hotel Chester

Hotel Chester
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Starkville
Biloxi, MS
“If you want the best, Go to the best !”
Reviewed 19 October 2010

My huband & I ( Barry & Kitty Barq from Biloxi, MS) have stayed at the The Historical Hotel Chester in Starkville, MS for many years and all the home football games for Mississippi State University. We have been a guest many times and Mr Dave Mollender (the owner) has always greeted us at the hotel lobby door and to assist with your luggage, if needed.They have wonderful rooms, a great bar and resturant and they are the only hotel in that area that has full service. I feel the rooms are very cleanand pleseant and the most wonderful thing I discovered which this nicley placed in the sink area was a "La Fresh Makeup Remover Wet Wipes" I love these wipes to remove my makeup and it is great on eye makeup area too! I have traveled all of the United States, Cananda and Europe and have never had the luxury of something so nice to take my makeup off with. I am going to order some for my home.
The Hotel Chester is right down town Starkville, surrounded by walking distance resturants, night entertainment, shopping stores of all kinds and "The MSU Book Store," where all MSU items and clothes can be bought.
Remember, if you are in town for business or pleasure there is no better hotel to stay at than The Historical Hotel Chester, phone 662-323-5005.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kittybarq
Kayla-hotelchester, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Chester, responded to this review, 8 February 2016
We thrive off customers like you! Thank you for your kind words.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Biloxi, Mississippi
Reviewed 2 July 2010

Hotel Chester exceeded my expectations! The front desk was friendly, the staff was exceptional and the food at Sushi on Main was EXCELLENT! Although the hotel is old, the rooms were very clean, the bed was comfy and the made to order breakfast was a great treat since it's also complimentary. I gave the room 4/5 because I like my room dark and it only had blinds with no blackout curtains, but I will definitely stay at Hotel Chester again!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Simply2Serve
Oakland, California
Reviewed 6 February 2010

On a cross-country trip, my girlfriend and I stopped off in Starkville, MS, and stayed at the Hotel Chester based on the reviews we found online. Sometime great reviews lead to inflated expectations, but we were very happy to find this hotel to be quiet, spotlessly clean, with very comfortable beds. What made it truly stand out from the other accommodations on our trip was the friendly and caring attitude of David, the owner, who made sure we had secure parking for our fully-packed car, and treated us more like guests in his own home than paying customers. ..And the hot cooked to order breakfast (included in the price) was a great bonus!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rich1M
We're so glad you enjoyed your stay at The Hotel Chester!
Dallas/Ft.Worth, TX
Reviewed 6 August 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Historic Hotel Chester and had a wonderful time. The service was the best we had on our trip and we will stay there again when in the area. The food was outstanding, rooms are extra clean and great value. This place is a must stay!!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jean-johnny
We take pride in our staff and restaurant. THank you for your kind words, we hope to see you again in the future.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 22 June 2009

I stayed here with my daughter for her orientation and had a wonderful stay. My room was clean and the bed was very, very comfortable. Next morning we had complementary breakfasts, individually cooked and served a beautifully decorated dining room called the Library.
The hotel gives out daily complementary pass to the MS State University's own state of art health club, yes we went and exercised with latest equipment. The hotel chester also owns and a Real Japanese Sushi Restaurant but offers light American food as well.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
Tuscaloosa, AL
Reviewed 8 June 2009

We chose Hotel Chester in Starkville as a place to escape our own town, about an hour away in Alabama. It was one of those "one-tank" trips and Starkville, for people our age, is a pretty fun town to visit.

The clerk knew my name when I walked in the door - I don't know if he's just that good, or if they were having a really slow weekend, but I enjoyed that touch. Our room was a king, and on the smoking deck overlooking the roof - a bit of a disappointment, in that the balcony wasn't private and didn't overlook anything of interest. The saving grace was a quick trip down some stairs to a secluded courtyard behind the hotel - I escaped there this morning with my coffee and sat there watching birds for the better part of an hour, and even enjoyed a bit of conversation with another couple visiting.

Parking was located around the block, but close enough for us. You can park to load/unload in front of the hotel, and there is handicapped parking available up front as well. The lot in which we parked was well-lit, which made me feel at ease.

Overall, the place was clean... the staff, friendly and eager to please... the room and bed were comfortable, as is evidenced by my decision to remain in bed rather than journey down for breakfast. I'll definitely come back here again on future visits. And... somewhere I read a review of this place saying the person couldn't access the Internet... I took my Mac, which played very nicely with the hotel's network - both wired AND wireless - without a hitch.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ge0cacher
Germantown
Reviewed 7 June 2009

Arrived hungry, late and was suprised to find a friendly front desk clerk offering a room service!! Great Sushi from the hotel restaurant, Sushi On Main. Next morning, I had the best eggs benedict and my wife had French Toast, sausage and Grits, all complementary (FREE). Three nights stay was too short for us but we will not stay anywhere but here

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
We appreciate your kind words!