“Not worth the price of the outdoor pool.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Starkville at MSU
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Starkville
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We picked this hotel because it's one of the few in Starkville, MS with an outdoor pool. We also were traveling with kids and they provide a free breakfast. We arrived about 30 minutes early before check-in. Front desk staff was not what I'd call friendly but professional. When they allowed me to check in but not go to my room (seriously?!) but didn't even offer to let us put our luggage someplace or rest in the lobby, I should have known we were dealing with inexperienced staff. We went away and came back 30 minutes later to discover a couple of large groups also checking in.
This is fairly new hotel but already maintenance seems to be having a difficult time keeping up. Stairwells smelled musty or of some odd odor. Floor on main level needed to be cleaned. Elevator was a slow as Christmas and only one in operation for the building. Pool area was clean but needed to be swept and there were NO pool towels. OK, not a huge deal but really, if I'm paying a little more per night, they should have this small amenity.
The worst was breakfast which was SWAMPED with people. Staff couldn't keep up with demand for food or coffee. No one was cleaning tables as they were vacated by guests.
Next time I'm through this area with my kids, I'll save a few bucks and some stress and stay at a different hotel-- even if the pool is inside!

1  Thank Marla S

Reviewed 19 July 2013

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Best hotel at this price point we have ever experienced. Every aspect was top-notch. Condition and cleanliness was above reproach. Quality and variety of food at breakfast was definitely superior. Both check-in and check-out were accomplished quickly by very helpful desk personnel. We definitely will stay at this hotel again and recommend it highly for anyone traveling in the Starkville, MS area.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

We made our first and now last stay with your hotel chain. We had the most horrible experience and were treated like lower class citizens by your staff in Starkville, MS this weekend. We have already begun to tell everyone we know to never stay at this location. We will gladly pay more to stay across the street where other teams in the area for the same ball tournament said they had a great time while we felt like toddlers being constantly told to stop everything we were doing and only allowed to congregate in the parking lot. I am so disappointed that it will be my personal strategy to submit low feedback ratings and reviews on every site to ensure future guests are aware of the horrible treatment they will receive at this police state you call a hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
5  Thank Etc4
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Very nice property, 20 miles east of the Natchez Trace, and just off US 82. Check in was quick - no more than 90 seconds, and we had a room key in hand. Room was comfortable and large. Since we were travelling with our greyhounds, we requested a first floor unit, and were placed close to the side door for easy access in taking them out. The hot tub and pool both were clean and well kept, and a pleasant respite from the heat. No restaurants close by (yet), but the hotel is within 2 miles of the main street, with an abundance of choices. Breakfast consisted of all the usual fare (toast, cereal, juice, muffins, etc.) plus cooked oatmeal, bacon and small cheese omelettes. Definitely would recommend this hotel to others, and would stay here again when in the Starkville area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael W
Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

What a nice hotel for starkville, it is clean and fresh. It was a real treat. The breakfast was good And tons of options. The rooms were spacious and very clean. The tv had direct tv and had lots of options all for free.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank mere17
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I can't say enough good things about this La Quinta and the people who work there. I had my travel plans dramatically altered and ended up driving from Atlanta to arrive very very late. The gentleman at the front desk not only assured me that my room would be waiting for me, but he contacted me several times to help me navigate my trip to the hotel safely. The room, the service, the location, and everything about this hotel were fantastic. I HIGHLY recommend it!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business