“Best kept secret in Starkville! Small restaurant that packs a big punch”

Commodore Bob's Yacht Club
Ranked #23 of 134 Restaurants in Starkville
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

I love the location of this restaurant. The ambience is perfect. Small restaurant seats about 30 people including the bar. Food made to order and cooked out in the open. Definitely worth the wait. Charcuterie board is one of the best we have had and the service was phenomenal. We ate there in June on a Saturday night and it was full, but no wait. I imagine during school season this might be a different story. But you should make an effort to eat here as often as you could. Delicious.

Reviewed 18 December 2017

My wife and I stopped in for lunch the other day and had a great experience. We both got the cioppino and it was absolutely delicious. I ordered the grilled caesar and she got the Kale salad. Both were as good as the meal.

My wife got an old fashioned that was well put together and I had a beer off of the rotating selection of drafts.

They even worked up something special for my three year old daughter.

Brady was super nice and helpful and we had a great overall experience. Is my new favorite spot in Starkville

Reviewed 4 November 2017

The Guest Room had been my first choice in Starkvegas, but these guys have really raised their game. Last night, tried the the Slow cooked Red Meat dish where we had a choice of duck or rabbit. We got one of each and they were both fabulous. Pretty good wine selection but they need to keep enough in stock. The food takes awhile given their small kitchen. The food is always worth the wait.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

We had the opportunity to dine at Commodore Bob's for brunch. It was a super experience. There were five people in our party ranging from early twenties to late 70s. All of us were extremely pleased with the quality of the food and the service. Our server, Josh, went out of his way to ensure that our food was prepared exactly as we requested. He was an excellent server and was attentive to our needs for refills Etc. We sat at a large family style booth, which my mother, who is 77, stated was the most comfortable booths she had ever sat in. It was easy to get in and out of and was just the right height. It was just little things about this restaurant that we really liked. For instance, the linen napkins were dark in color. It did not leave quite lint on our clothes when we got ready to leave. All the staff were extremely friendly and spoke. The brunch menu was varied and offered a good selection. The omelettes were huge. The chicken and waffles also look delicious. This is a restaurant that I would definitely go back to again and I would recommend if you are ever in Starkville, Mississippi that you should try it too.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Restaurant did not honor our reservation. Owner and manager of this small restaurant is also the belligerent bartender and inhospitable host handling seating. Busy nights overwhelm him. We arrived 30 minutes early and ordered drinks at bar, seated outside. His attitude was surly from the start. We were told we'd be brought in when our table was ready. At time of our reservation, I went inside to check. I was told the four of us could sit at bar for dinner (!) or wait for table to be cleaned. I said no we'd wait and went back to patio. Five minutes later when we hadn't been escorted in, I went back inside to find others had been seated at table promised us. When I inquired, confrontational response was, "What do you want me to do? Kick them out?" This place is not ready for prime time. We went across street for excellent, courteous and professional service. I heartily recommend you NOT give this restaurant your business. Reservations and customer service are meaningless here.

2  Thank bettetjones